My Largest Grow, Every!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by retardboy, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Hey guys:wave:
    Im planning on doing a super big grow this year. Right now me and my friend are building a really large underground growroom thats gonna be under the foundation of a house on his ranch.
    We've got everything figured out and its going perfectly.
    The room is 30' long by 30' wide so we've got lots of space!:cool:
    It'll be divided into 3 rooms. (germination room + cloning room, vegging room, and flowering room)

Each room is gonna be 20' long by 10' wide, ( or 200 sq ft)
    leaving a 10' X 30' wide space for access to each room/storage.

I figure for flowering, I'll use five, 1000W HPS lights. (=700,000 lumens)
    For vegging, I'll use five, 1000W MH lights. (=400,000 lumens)
    For germinating and starting clones, I'll use one 1000W MH light. (=80,000 lumens)

As for money, its not an issue.
    So tell me what you guys think.:D
    Im pretty new at growing so any tips/advice is greatly appreciated. My friend however, has been growing for years and this is mainly his operation..
    So just let me know what you guys think and I'll run it by him.;)
    Also, about how many plants do you think we could have per room?

Theres a pic of dimensions just so you guys can get an idea of the room.

Attached Files:

2. 1 plant per room....

If he's got all those years under his belt, why doesn't he take the initiative and call the shots as to how many plants go in?

There are many diff. set ups which will ultimately make the decision as to how many plants you will be able to grow, we need more info!

:smoke:

3. :eek: this setup is ridiculous!! You should definitely post some update pictures when it's all put together.

4. Lol. Definitely some pics coming, once we get all set up.:hello:

Hes been gone away on a business trip for the past couple weeks so Im just trying to do as much as I can while hes away.

Anyways, I was thinking of a set up that would deliver about 10,000 lumens per plant.
    A little bit of math and... 70 plants for flowering and 40 plants for vegging.
    Of course it all depends on how much space each plant takes up.:rolleyes:

Btw, about how much space does each plant need? Not sure what strain he's gonna use but im guessing probly an indica. not sure though:confused:

5. You probably have the color of you first lambo picked out to huh? Good luck man do your research.

6. Orange Lamborghini Gallardo. Hahaha:D

Also, anyone know about Infra-Red Camouflage paint or variable emissivity paints?
    Since the grow op is so large, it will be giving off a lot of heat which can be seen with infrared systems (even though its mostly underground).
    We're thinking about painting with Infra-Red Camouflage paint to protect against FLIR (Forward-Looking Infra-Red) system cameras. Any methods on protection?

7. #7 Pumbasa Mufasa, Mar 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2011
    Small grows (under 2000w) would dont usually emit enough heat to warrant the effort or expense.
    However... from what you stated, you grow op is OVER 10,000 WATTS!!!
    Bravo!

You'll definitely be giving off some serious heat. Reducing grow room temperature will reduce heat emissions; however, the grow room will still give off an abnormal amount of heat, which can be seen from FLIR systems such as the ones attached to police helicopters.

Yet there are ways of keeping your operation safe.

For example, you can create a room inside of a room.
    The operation would take place within the room that is inside of a room. Both rooms are insulated and the outer room would appear to be negative to indoor heat when viewed on a FLIR system.

Concrete foundations absorb heat readily. Build a sub floor to raise the entire grow off the floor. This will allow how air to flow underneath it and be able to cool easier.
    Also, foam insulation along all exposed walls with cold air blowing in between the gap. You can paint the walls matte white to reflect light, or cover them with Mylar. This will reflect a lot of heat back into the room. It also reflects any used light so you get them most out of your lighting.

Another thing that you will have to hide is exhaust. Safely exhausting hot air is difficult. Police look for hot exhaust coming from chimneys, windows, or other common places. The best thing to do is exhaust down the sewer.
    Every house has a sewer vent standpipe. By venting down the sewer, the exhaust will be chilled and smell is not noticeable. This will not affect normal use of the sewer.
    Im guessing your exhaust would be underground which is excellent. Running the exhaust through a long, buried pipe helps to cool the air.

One last thing is that I highly recommend water-cooled lights.
    They may be more expensive, but running water cooled lights is very effective. IR heat from the lights are washed down the drain.

You also talked about Infra-Red Camouflage paint or variable emissivity paints.
    There are several methods of creating an infra-red mask, the most basic is mylar as I mentioned above. The other is an Aluminized "Space blanket".
    A space blanket is made of a laminated thin layer plastic film with a metallic coating. However, the use of blankets are somewhat limiting and can be expensive over a relatively large structure.
    Another method is the use of Infra-Red Camouflage paint or variable emissivity paints, as you asked about above. Unfortunately, these are usually uniquely made for military applications and not sold to the general public, but a suitable replacement technology is ceramic insulating paint.
    This paint is designed for homes and is made to reduce heat emission of a structure to reduce power bills. Normally, the ceramic insulation comes in the form of micro beeds or spheres to form a matrix within the paint, and can be purchased as an additive to medium quality paints. This paint should than be applied to both sides of walls, and roof structure, to ensure maximum protection.

8. Wow! Awesome info!:eek:
    Thanks so much! Major rep for you!:hello:

9. Ya wow that is going to be epic.

10. your power bill will be off the charts. Also, The local officials will be at your door in no time with you sucking up that much juice.

Perhaps if you grow the power over a year , but someone going from 500-1000 continuous watts usage to 10,000 continous watts usage in s short period of time, better have a factory on the other end of all that power!

get a generator and fuel tanks to power this project and sleep better at night.

11. this is just my two cents but i personally think that people who grow big to sell are usually the people that get caught. especially when they get on forums about it. police don't really care anymore about personal gardens they are going after grows like this hardcore though so be careful and remember rule number 1... loose lips sinks ships.
    good luck with everything man hope all works out.
    and another thing with money not being an option for you think about investing in some alternative energy solutions to power all those lamps. id be more worried about the power bill then FLIR.

12. my guess is pinky and the brain over here are gonna get busted before the first clones get cut on this grow op....... flir and power bills, idk the genetics but..... partners away on business, and moneys not a problem........

grow a modest garden for your self if moneys not a problem, theres no need to risk prison:wave:

13. Haha. Ya, I agree. A large grow op is very dangerous. You stated that you're not too experienced with growing. So that means that you're gonna have to heavily rely on your partner.
    Pray he knows what he's doing, otherwise, you're both gonna get into deep shit.

I myself once had a grow op of about the same size as yours. 50+ plants. But I built the thing myself and I have many friends in "high" places to keep me secure.
    Over time, I have developed skills in almost every trade necessary to construct and maintain a large grow operation. In other words, I knew exactly what I was doing.

As mentioned before, electricity is going to be your biggest security issue. The electric company will notice the massive power usage and investigate it.
    Getting enough power to run your operation will be the most difficult task. And unfortunately theres not too much advice I can give you on that.

14. I don't know why everyone is talking about the energy use. If they can afford a grow op that big then surely they can afford a solar and wind power set up. They could obviously also afford a few gasoline generators.

My question is... how the fuck did you dig that?

15. If he owns a motherfucking ranch.. why the are you not outdooring it?

Or.. if you have the money... i've always wanted to build an underground grow room, then cover the top with tinted glass, and then add a few cm's of water over that. Think thunderbirds growing weed here. From above it looks like a pond, but a few center meters of water and glass below you have hundreds of plants and no energy bill for the lights? And how many people are gonna suspect your growing weed under a mothefucking 'lake'

16. Would This Even Work, The Tinted Windows With Water Over Top. Is The Sun Going To Penetrate Through The Water And The Glass And Still Bring The Plants The Energy They Need?? Reminds Me Of A Science Fictional Lab :cool:

17. prolly not gonna work...dont forget about the pond/lake sediments that will no doubt cover the glass floor blocking the sun altogether

18. #18 MrNedFlanders, Mar 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2011
    How are you going to cool this space? A/C + Co2, air cooled, lung room?

Use part of the 10x30 for clones, you dont need that much space.
    T5's for clone

1 10x20 for veg
    2-4 1000mh for veg

the other 2 1x20 rooms on a flip flop ballast.

Each room at least 5 1000hps.

If money isn't an option go with mini splits in each room and DTW co2 gens, santa fe dehumidifier, carbon scrubbers, controllers, etc...

Go bare bulb, grow trees!

19. i cant believe this is still going on!

20. we need to smoke a joint together for sure ! lol:smoke: