My landlords are total dicks and my new neighbors are shady as fuck.

Discussion in 'General' started by shimmi420, Jan 6, 2014.

1. #1 shimmi420, Jan 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2014
    So a few nights ago part of my bedroom ceiling started leaking, eventually it got worse(2 AM) and as we were waking up about 60 gallons of water fell through as well as chunks of ceiling. Before the majority of it collapsed me and my girlfreind were getting as much stuff out as possible before I finally told her to leave the rest and get out. Just as she went out the whole thing fell through, water just poured out non stop enough to fill a 50 gallon tote.

Our bed is soaked our carpet is soaked and our walls are ruined with all the water that came down,

There solution? Sleep in the living room and we get $50 off next months rent.

Well not sure what but I'm definitely coming up with a counter offer.

Not shit storm part 2,

new upstairs neighbors. formally homeless. Both drunk trashy losers screaming at eachother all night one was bitching saying "You fucking low life peice of shit sitting in your comfortable chair while your making your wife sleep on the fucking floor...!!!" :"I fucking hate you and dont love you i want you to just die, rot and die!!!:" All night like this.

then it finally stops.

Then gets even worse at 3 am she's screaming "Im not the one being loud they are the ones playing the fucking drums and you got no balls you need to tell them to shutup but your worthless and you wont do shit!"

finally nonstop stomping like as if to tell us to quiet down. only thing is we were not making any noise. it was silent until they started stomping and screaming again.

EDIT: I do not own drums...feel that was important to bring up.

Found out form the maintenance guy that the salvation army is taking care of them and agreed to pay their rent for the next year.

So am i totally fucked?

Self employed with 2 online jobs plus im a full time student that doesnt make a lot . my gf only works part time. and my room mate just got a puppy making it impossible to move anywhere.

The landlords agreed to let us of the lease if we want but im not sure if they plan on keeping our deposit and last months rent.

Then just 5 minutes ago they came knocking and asked to come inside and talk. I said no and walked outside.

They wanted to get to know us and invited over for beer I was like thanks but no thanks I have a lot of tapes I have to watch before sending them out tomorrow(im a vhs collector) which was only half true...

but oh my god these people are fighting over the one chair in the house... I was about to go up there and be like here bitch take this chair and shut the fuck up.

Rent paid or not i have the right to peice and quiet and these people are monsters...

2. you turned down beer?

3. #3 Cobra Commander, Jan 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
    Do one better and become louder, drunker and more abusive?

That sounds pretty unfortunate, however, it doesn't really sound like you have many options regarding the problem. They are paid up for the year, and your their new BFF to drink with. :laughing:

4. I know very bourgeois of me.

dude is like 55 years old, and just nasty lookin. I'm not the type to judge by appearances but I heard them before I saw them and I smelt them after I saw them.

smell like piss and they give me bad vibes.

5. #5 Cobra Commander, Jan 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2014

Bourgeois. :laughing:

Nope they just sound like people who are possibly addicted to alcohol and prioritise it over everything else, hence why they were homeless. Plus with Sally paying the rent and housing them, I doubt they have much, if any money.

Of course this is speculation, I don't know them.

6. Yeah... I mean if they can't even keep a place that's being paid for obviously there's more there than that.

What happened to the broke honest good people? Why the fuck doesn't the salvation army help people/families out that aren't chronic abusive alcoholics that ruin everything they have?

Just from listening to them it really urks me knowing they are good people that WOULD never have the chance to get a new start, then there's these dickheads that live for free ruin every home they make and just further down the spiral.

God I need a power up. Hadn't had a full nights sleep in days.

7. 60 gallons of water and a crashed ceiling = $50 off??

counter offer.

8. my neighbors a fat little prick I wish he would knock on my fucking door.

9. You should have seen the chunks of plaster that almost hit my gf's head. They always stress we should have rental insurance and it's not their fault.

but cut to another thread I posted I pointed that very same leak out before and they said it was fine now.

http://forum.grasscity.com/general/1256301-fucking-landlord.html

I was thinking of telling them to move our January rent to February and we'll pick up in march and that will be it. or having $50 off rent indefinitely.

Rooms been drying out for the past 2 days. it will take longer to fix, plus we better be getting new carpet outta this if we stay.

Geez shits ridiculous.

10. the mold will ruin all of your shit

Yeah, well apparently the leak was from someone using super glue to connect plumbing and it couldn't handle the heat of a brand spanking new water heater. Not saying hte water wasnt a filthy brown but idk what im saying.

But I am going to try and get some peanuts aligned to get renters insurance and see if I can get the landlords to agree with me as to when this actually occured....>.>

our bed is actually dried out, lysol sprayed whatever its almost done for anyway had it for 5 years.

But yeah nothing got too bad. mostly just carpet and walls. I moved all my tapes out and movies/books but yeah its god damn ridiculous...

but i live a too busy life to take the time to find some other place, anyone that would take  in 3 adults and 2 dogs for under $600 a month is bound to be even shadier than these people...

not to mention its in the middle of winter, not the funnest time to pick up and move. I got business to run.

12. i shall light one tonight in your honor sir

13. #13 jmick, Jan 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2014
    Next time the neighbors start up call the law and tell them you're afraid they will hurt each other, and then do it every time...shit, call Salvation Army and tell them....

edit: Just saw your post about having the animals, it's hard to get a decent rental with animals....I'm a landlord and I won't rent to people with dogs, even though I love dogs and have 2 myself....good luck...

14. Well part of the problem is my room mate. She thought she just got a puppy that she doesn't have time to take care of and is still in need of proper training. My dog is 6 years old and not a threat to property.

But honestly Im still pissed at her for getting the dog, he's a cute pup but honestly she just got bailed out of jail has countless fines and lawyer fees to pay, she owes me money and it was the absolute worse time to get a puppy that I ended up taking care of most the time and if it's not me its my gf.

But yes animals are a deal breaker and I dont blame landlords for not wanting to rent to people that have a puppy, they're little monsters at first.

Also speaking of dogs, we found out that before we moved in there was a huge situation with dogs, apparently the owner left his dogs alone for 2 weeks and they tore the place up... I think a few of the dogs may have died before the police were called

the landlords did not replace carpet, instead we shampooed it.(they gave us a 230 credit for cleaning)

There was a questionable mark(looked like scratches, or fur or like some animal decomposed there) WE asked then if they'd replace it but they only agreed to replace one room just because it still stunk.

So after some time we move my room mates iguana cage (it was covering up the ripped carpet) and oh my god it stunk so bad, we called the landlords and said we have no idea why its so smelly we pulled up the carpet and underneath there was black mold.

Their conclusion... it was the iguana that did it. I asked them how an iguana can shit through 4 inches of layered plywood and they just stuck to their guns saying it was the iguana but they'll replace it, only next time any thing happens with carpet its coming out of our deposit.

just last night the maintenance guy told us what happened before we moved(about the dogs that died), and the landlords knew damn well what that mark/stain was.

But yeah the guy told us to not tell landlords we knew that, or at least keep it to ourselves until he gets paid.

I've had shady landlords before...but what makes these people worse is that they are filthy stinking rich... Like seriously rich.

I asked then what we were supposed to sleep and they said "oh camp out in the living room, we had to do that once when part of our house was getting remodeled"

"Bitch is our house getting remodeled??????"

there isnt enough weed in the world that can fix my stress levels...

15. Realize that legally you can have all your damaged goods replaced free of charge, and that virtually every judge would award you more than $50 off rent, id claim a full month myself.

Dont get pushed around because you're ignorant of the law. Start off by bringing your reasonable demands to the landlord and if that doesnt work get a legal consultation to see how you should proceed.

16. #16 9xKitsun3, Jan 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2014
    Isn't as simple as putting in noise complaints. 
    then after 3 they get evicted.

i have the same kind of neighbor but it's not as bad just once in a while now. They use to buzz me at all hours of the night to let them in constantly "forgetting" their keys.

and well. i did some things and now they are scarred to even look at me

17. This^ if I were you I guess id just try to make the best of the situation and maybe get a rain check on those beers you turned down.

18. If you can scrounge a long enough hose and don't mind wasting the gas in your car, you could give em a dose of CO from your exhaust pipe at about 3 am. As an added benefit, it would fumigate the building. Well, maybe not - I dunno. Just brainstorming.  :eek:

19. Judges are also ignorant of the law. Last time I took landlords to court over $750 they stole from my deposit. Took a year just to get there and $130 to file a small claims.

It should have been open shut, I had pictures there were virtually no damages aside from minor wear and tear. But landlords brought in a piece of carpeting, no possible way to tell when the damages were made to it and she said the whole carpet was like that despite pictures.

We were only awarded $230 from linoleum they claimed need replaced but they didn't replace because they "didn't have enough money" at the time.

They also brought a bill from a rug guy.

They never had to get rugs replaces maybe cleaned but the judge bought their BS story about them not being able to do it when all they used was a rug doctor rather than a professional...Fucked up thing is they were kinda broke and they only paid to have rugs replaced to try and fuck me...

I got $305 in the end. and time wasted stress I went through it didnt really fix anything. It was obvious they were scam artists but the judge saw a bill for carpet replacing(which by the way they had no way of proving it wasnt the carpet in THEIR side of the duplex that got replaced)

but thats the funny thing, we have all these laws that are so clear and simple. Yet when the landlords give their side of the story and paint a bs picture it's all about who the judge prefers, and half the time the judge doesn't know dick about the law unless you bring up exact statutes.

I dont have the energy or the time to go through another year long court ordeal, granted the odds are more in with my favor. but they also had a better standing in the community than my past landlords.

There is the law, then there is what you get. It's a life lesson and you can scream about injustice for 5 years and eventually get mildly compensated but in the end it takes way more out of you than you'd expect.

I'm praying they'll at least be mildly reasonable with what I ask. but in the end I think im going to get fucked.

I'm going to wait a few days then go over there and talk to them and tell them $50 isnt going to do it.

I think $50 of rent EVERY month might be a start and if they won't do that I'll tell them that my gf and I arent going to be able to pay our share for Febraury.

I think if I bring it up like "look it's not just my room, we had to camp out in my living room and that is also my office, I'm a full time student and I'm self employed with 2 separate business ventures and I NEED work space, one of the biggest perks on this was I had room to work on my art and space to practice bass. Now I have to sleep in my office and it's affecting my work, it's extremely difficult to work around the clutter and for these reasons I think it would be fair if you can give us a break(at least my gf and I) for February. I don't wish to cause problems but this is a lot for me to handle at the moment and I feel it's fair.

And if they don't go for that I'll ask about February getting cut in half(or at least calculate how many days I went without being able to sleep in my bed)

I'll just say bottom line you guys have been to court with horrible tenants, I've been to court with horrible landlords in the end it's a pain in the ass can't we come up with a reasonable compensation? Because frankly $50 is insulting.

On the phone they are kinda jerks but in person they normally act a bit nicer/reasonable. So I'm hoping anything remotely fair.

On the neighbors note unless they get arrested it is damn near impossible to get rid of tenants in winter. its illegal as hell to evict anyone in winter and basically the only way to get rid of them is if the cops drag their asses out. Not to mention I doubt the landlords give a fuck about them screeching all night if salvation army already paying their rent.

God thats a shit stained situation.

20. I loled at "i do not own drums."