My Journal: A New Grower, 1st Try, and Outdoors.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by AngryPossum, May 5, 2021.

2. I'm familiar with ILGM. They look to have good support for their customers and have some good general advice over there. Easy stuff for the beginner. I'm not very impressed with their genetics though tbh. I have a buddy do a couple grows of their seeds until he tried Ace Seeds, he ain't going back. Let us know how it goes for you - I wish you a dank harvest

• Like Like x 3
  3. Ok, I'll advise. Thanks.

4. I just found this US website for seeds, they have excellent customer support and lightning fast shipping. I'm serious. Prices are decent also.
    www.greenpointseeds.com

5. I live in NY state. Technically it is still illegal for us to grow. Even if you are a medical patient you still need to wait 6 months after the bill was signed into law. On to your seed question. I've had good luck with Greybeard seed.
    Age Verification – The Ultimate Seed Bank! – Greybeard Seed Bank
    Fox farms Happy frog is a weak soil starter blend,it's ok for your seedling stage through early vegetative growth. Are you planning to use Fox Farms Ocean Forest during late veg. through flower.. Also, are you running their Nutrient line? Even FFOF will not carry you through the end of flower.Use the search feature here on GC to find the answers to many of your questions and or hit up this thread, the first few pages will help you the most.
    No-Till Gardening: Revisited
    One more thing, 7 gallon pots may be on the small side for us in NY state outdoors. I'd suggest 15 gallon minimum. And as puffnstuff1960 mentioned, indica leaning strains or we run out of time for them to finish. Northern Lights is a good strain to start with.

• Like Like x 1
  6. My Journal:
    At 2:20 pm Saturday May 15th.
    All 6 (Purple Alien) feminized seeds from www.greenpoint seeds.com germinated in 30 hrs or so. I'm so stoked. They just made it from the glass, to there pots, and now to the make-shift hothouse. The lady's are taking the sun. It's nice out today.
    20210515_141701.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. Do I need to put some holes in the top of the hothouse storage container?
    I did anyways just to be on the safe side.

8. You might be better off without the plastic container. It IS semi opaque and does let some light through, but probably not as much as they need. Others have done the same. At the seedling stage they need humidity, but not as much as they need light. I'd give them the light. Just my opinion, no offense is intended.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Thanks, I need the container to start off for now, we have an outdoor cat that gets into everything, and some squirrels at times in the yard. Don't wanna take any chances. There is humidity in the container I can see it's fogged up inside. I could leave a cup of water inside as well for humidity also.

• Like Like x 1
  10. My green house got to 120 degrees today and it has an automatic vent. You may cook your seedling with that cover on it during the day under direct sunlight.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Thanks, there are air holes in the container and it's humid inside the container, is that ok?

• Like Like x 1
  12. +1 for Greenpointseeds

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Throw a thermometer inside it and you will likely see temp's over 100. I don't have an issue with 100-120 degrees for short periods with mature plants. But, I'd hate to see you kill your seedlings.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Thanks, I'll keep an eye on the temps.

15. Are you angry cause you can’t spell?

-asking for a frien

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. #36 AngryPossum, May 16, 2021
    Last edited: May 16, 2021
    I just purchased a small 12volt solar panel and a PC CPU fan for my temporary hot house. Thanks to @TimJ for giving me a heads up w regards to heat and burning my seeds out.
    20210516_114726.jpg

20210516_114741.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  17. Question, do I use the fan to pull air into the small hot-house or do I use it as an exhaust fan?

• Like Like x 1
  18. I’m all for the sun and it’s power. But seedlings need like next nothing in amount of intensity. Why not start them inside under a flouro?
    You can veg them to fairly decent established plants that way.

All for your ingenuity but it may be over thinking.

• Like Like x 1
  19. If you do use it, exhaust not intake

• Like Like x 2
  20. Will do thanks.

• Like Like x 2