Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

my joints suck!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Jackhererwasright, Jan 23, 2009.

1. ive watched all these videos, and i tried it with some shake and i cant do it right! its always too loose! someone have any good tips?
    ps-i dont use filters, i want to make a good one without any cardboard at the end

2. practice practice practice. after i started rolling cigarettes i learned to roll much better joints.

3. just get it as tight as you can, take a small blunt object and pack it. works for me

4. Are you rolling it or just wrapping it?

5. dont feel bad...i still cant roll joints...ive been trying for 4 years...so i use pipes now :(

6. Cheater way to roll a joint: roll paper around round object, lick to seal, slide off the object a little bit and twist. slide it off the round object and scoop up grinded bud with it, pack it down periodically with round object.

It's literally impossible to fuck up, rolls perfect joints it just takes a little longer than doing it the normal way.

7. as jest said, it's all about practice. get a pack of zig zags, it's like 2 bucks. just roll a spliff, unpack it all, roll a new one, unpack it all etc. i bet you'll start to get the hang of it after 10 times.

and once you roll a nice one, it's going to be a great feeling to reap what you sow, if you will.

8. I can't either U have tremors so I can't keep my hands still too good :(

9. Go to any store and buy a pack of papers or 2 and a puch or rolling tobacco, just start rolling up cigs. You dont have to smoke them of course, its just for rolling practce. Keep doing taht and eventually you will get the hang of it. Im still not so great at it myself....

10. Mine use to suck too.
    I just bought a dime..
    and some papers..
    and practiced..
    :smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking:

11. use the dollar bill method. pretty hard to fuck up that way

12. or just buy a roller

13. If you're just trying to roll a good joint, watch the videos and follow these instructions. It's not hard.

Step 1. Find the side without the sticky on it, it tear off the tips of the corners. It's nice to lick your finger and just let the corners get moist. Then they come right off.

step 2. Prep the paper. Hold it sticky side facing YOU and just fold it in half without creasing the paper, and roll it back and forth in your fingers till it starts to curl. You're making your paper want to curl under when you start to seal.

Step 3. Add your herb. Hold the paper in a "U" shape and add your herb

Step 4. Spread everything evenly. It's not super hard. Just leave a shade more in the ends, cause you'll have spillage the first few times.

Step 5. The thickening. Take your two sides in your "U", pinch them together using both hands and roll the paper back and forth until you've got a nice consistency. Use your thumbs, roll from the outside in....that way your ends get packed first

Step 6. The close. As your sliding the back back and forth, starting pulling the side closest to you furth down to where the edge with the clipped corners starts to be even with the top of you now turd shaped mass. Take your thumbs and fingers, and fandangle the joint in such a way that you push the non-cornered edge under the sticky sided lip, keeping pressure on your turd shaped mass. Now keeping it nice and tight, let the joint roll up to the sticky....lick. Don't have to slobber all over it (Unless it's a juicy J...last pack I bought hated to seat. I'd have to lick the fuck out of it and dry it with my lighter.), but normally a single wet lick will suffice. Too wet you risk tearing your paper. Now simply roll the sticky over and seal.

The genius

14. Do this. Ebay has them for under 5 bucks and they roll clean, even tightly packed j's.

15. For me I tried starting with joints but I kept tearing them. So after a while I started rolling blunts, they're a lot harder to break and very similar to roll. Just practice with blunts a bit until you get it down then when you learn to be more gentle switch to papers

16. Quick question so i don't have to start another thread...do any of you empty cigarettes, rip off the filter and stuff the empty paper with your weed? seems like a fast and convinent way to make joints...but is there any of that nasty cancer causing shit in the paper? just wondering...

17. I'm sure the tobacco mingled with the paper during shipping and manufacturing so there probably are trace amounts of deadly carcinogens just in the paper :/

18. I kinda roll mine backward. I start with the gum at the top, close to me and facing away from me. I put the weed in then roll from the bottom up.

Ill take a video or make a picture guide sometime.

19. why bother rolling a joint go roll a blunt man its better for you because you dont inhale any glue and the paper also easier to roll

20. same here... nicotine addiction is a really good motivator.

and to the OP try rolling it like a cone. get it really tight. a cone will naturally twist tight then you can pack and stuff the wide end.