Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My Ironic Medical Use

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by CannabisPassion, Nov 11, 2012.

1. My birthday [22nd of October] brought with it a strange condition that made the rest of the month hell for me. It's like narcolepsy, yet, I'm fully awake when it happens. I zone out, lose most or all of my ability to move my limbs, and look like I'm in a zombie-like trance. It happens randomly and can happen anywhere from five minutes to several hours.
    A nurse, my doctor, and a plethora of medical professionals have told me that my problem has been caused by my cannabis use. I know/knew this was bullshit, so, having not smoked after the condition hit, I decided to try to medicate myself.

I fell into the state while sitting around at home. I struggled to position myself correctly, then ripped my pipe. Exhale. Peace.
    My ability to move came back rapidly. I since then have medicated myself every day.

The irony comes from the fact that I was getting tired of smoking every day and wanted to seek sobriety. My birthday was one of the last days I planned on smoking.
    I'm in an odd situation. It's fun and all to be high ALL the time, but I really do love being sober sometimes. Yet, I can't be until I can figure out what my condition is.

Any other medical patients [I'm unofficial, obviously, since I live in New York] feel this way? Wanting to be sober, yet can't be, due to the severity of your problem?

2. still could have been because of the weed causing depersonalization/out of body type experience while not smoking, and it could be fixed temporarily by smoking. go to a doctor but don't tell them you smoke weed; is that really so hard to figure out

3. Damn son that sucks. Hopefully this legalization movement brings you that dank shit you need.

If you don't wanna be high all the time

All I can recommend is trying to make your own "weed cream" if you rub it on you like lotion it gives you a body buzz I hear but not a "high" this might be enough to handle your condition?

4. I never have this happen while stoned. I zone out, obviously, but never lose mental control over my body.
    This "state" happened once before, a day during a summer camp I was attending, but never has reared up until now. For this and other reasons, I'm positive cannabis is not the problem.

I've already done that. I was honest at the beginning. Since I don't live in a medical state, I'm now inclined to lie my ass off.

6. Sucks man, if it seriously gets worse come south, jersey is technically a medical state. Very hard to get it though. Maybe if youre lucky or hell show a doctor what happens you might get perscribed it down here. Or when you finally figure out what it is see if you can be a "test subject" for cannibis research on that perticular ailment anyway, good luck

7. Sorry, read that wrong. I'm medicated as fuck right now.

Discussing why I'm confident my cannabis use isn't causing the problem is difficult over an online forum with somebody that doesn't know me personally, nor has known me any period of time. One particular item of interest, however, is that I don't feel the compulsive desire to smoke while sober. While high, yes. Sober, even while the trance is hitting me, I don't feel like I NEED to smoke. Doing so "fixes" me, however, so to speak.

8. I saw something like that in one of High Time's articles.

It sounds interesting, yet, unfortunately, in the recreational world, nobody is looking for CBD-heavy bud. Thus, unless New York legalizes medicinal use anytime soon, I've got to stick to what I can get my hands on.

Sadly, I'm stuck here, for the time being.

9. I don't feel a "need" to smoke while sober either. That doesn't matter. MA is also a medical state btw.

10. Ask your dealers for "creeper weed"- the kind that the high sneaks up on you! The CBD slows the THC high resulting in the effect. "Lower quality" cannabis (mids, schwag) often has higher levels of CBD.

The seeds for the high CBD strains are available at many seed banks. You might want to try a small closet grow!

We HAVE to get cannabis legal!

11. #12 BadKittySmiles, Nov 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2012

I'm so sorry to hear about the trouble you've been developing :(

Fortunately, you're not completely stuck! :) You still have a few options, even with just the materials you have available. :hello:

1.) Inactive edible oils and tinctures. Once activated, and the carboxyl group is removed (usually with heat) THC and even the 'less-fun' cannabinoids become much more recreationally psychoactive.... THCA, becomes THC, CBDA to CBD, and so forth.
    Cold extractions allow MS and cancer patients (and other patients who may be sensitive to the 'fun' sensations, but who also have higher cannabinoid needs than most patients in order to effectively treat their symptoms), to multiply their individual doses dramatically as well as the therapeutic benefits provided by cannabinoids without doping the patient up much, if at all, by keeping the cannabinoids for the most part in their 'recreationally inactive' forms.

These oils can very effectively help to treat conditions such as narcolepsy and neurological disorders, which may be related to what you're experiencing. At the same rate of use or intake, cold processed oils will sometimes treat neurological conditions even more effectively than activated or decarboxylated oils (and as a bonus can allow higher doses if needed without sedating the patient), and can even provide mental clarity, stimulation and energy, rather than making the patient drowsy or 'numb'.

2.) You can also try isolating CBD yourself with either a digital vaporizer or one with a reliable dial, if you have one (purging the unwanted cannabinoids, distilling/retaining those you desire based on their unique/temperature vape points).
    It is a bit tedious and time consuming, and when you don't have access to lab testing you won't know exactly the cannabinoid profile of your concentrate, but if you don't feel like edibles or tinctures, and if you don't want to get too buzzed while you medicate, this will absolutely help to provide you with a 'limited cannabinoid' hash extract, which you can smoke or vape with reduced recreational sensations and increased medicinal value.

Just remember that with a CBD extract, 'a little goes a long way', so to speak (ie. CBD, along with the several other 'primary cannabinoids' are still only minority chemicals in a hash extract when compared to THC, which is often present in a volume several times that of the rest, so don't expect an equal yield of both..... THC has a lower vape and flashpoint than the other major cannabinoids. So you'll be purging off the most volume, at lower temps, and then the least volume once you approach the temperatures used to strip the medicinally valuable but less psychoactive cannabinoids you're looking for.)

---

You can try either or both of the above, while continuing to seek professional medical advice, and hopefully you will begin to improve (during both your times with, and without cannabis use :) ).

Good luck! :wave:

12. Really helpful post, thanks! I didn't know about the benefits of cold extractions. I'll look into it!