My intro

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Ghanth, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Hey there. Back in '98 I was diagnosed with Schizophrenia . I was heavily medicated for quite a few years and have since stabilized and been off meds for over 5 years now. I have no symptoms of psychosis except for depression from stress and an anger problem. I don't get sick so I have not seen any doctors (physical/mental) rounding about 5-6 years. I don't take any medicine for my depression that I experience but would like to use marijuana medicinally. Would it be difficult for one such as myself to receive a recommendation from a doctor? From what I read I am supposed to have some sort of medical record. If they dug up anything prior to 2003 they'd get a nice stack of records. Do they apply here? Does it have to be recent? As most of my troubled health is documented from quite some time ago. The majority who have experienced my disease of schizophrenia have not had the relief of symptoms from my past disorder. I don't experience any of those symptoms any more. Would I have to see a doctor and talk about my current symptoms and get some sort of prescription for Zyprexa or some other anti-depressant and then go see an MMD?

Any advice along the longs of what I ask would be appreciated.

Thank you.