My (incomplete) Journey from Skinny to Muscular

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by sirbrandon101, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Good stuff OP, Your legs for sure did get a bit bigger. What do you do for them? impressive back.

Also is it me or does OP need to hit traps more?

2. brandon, i am a bit curious as to how you're moving with this weight on the basketball court.

3. Looking good man, the back is def coming along nicely. As for the person who was wondering how you're moving on the court, I can only imagine you're agility has improved. I know a lot of guys who don't want to bulk up cause they think their shot/ quickness will degrade.

4. Getting bigger has definitely improved my game. The biggest change is probably in my lateral movement. I used to get beat off the dribble a lot but now I can stay in front of guys. I can guard guys a lot bigger than me in the paint and not get thrown around. And my favorite thing now is setting hard screens. If the guy's teammates don't call it out then he's getting laid out every time. :devious:

5. What supplements are you taking

6. hahahha, dude i love it. i feel that way even tho i am super skinny. honestly since i am so boney, when they run into any part of my body they will be hurting.

i can't even say how much you inspire me to be a better person. when i finally settle down i swear i am going to go page to page and read EVERYTHING in this thread.

but hey, after i'm def going to take u up on that offer to play some ball!

keep up the good work. :D

7. deadlifts - 135x5, 185x5, 225x5, 265x5, 295x3, 315x2, 335x1
    straight bb curls - 50x3x12, 40x12
    wide-grip pullups supersetted w/ cable rows & rope pushdowns - 3x8 reps of each exercise

8. squats
    leg press
    seated calf raises
    cable rows
    rope pushdowns
    face pulls
    broad jumps
    bear crawls
    kettlebell swings
    medicine ball slams

9. So you never answered my question, what supplements do you use?

10. Sorry about that. I've taken whey protein off and on for the last year. Now I take creatine only on my workout days.

11. I did a little circuit workout at home today, 3 sets in total, 10-30sec rest between each exercise. The pushups were torture!

1. 30 pushups
    2. 15 zottman curls(15lbs)
    3. 20 dips
    4. 10 chinups

12. deadlifts(no belt or straps) - 135x5, 185x5, 225x5, 255x5, 275x5, 295x1, 315x1
    wide grip pullups - 3x10
    lat pulldowns
    cable rows
    bent over rows
    db shoulder press
    db curls

13. #393 sirbrandon101, May 15, 2012
    Last edited: May 16, 2012
    squats - 135x5, 165x5, 195x5, 215x3, 235x2
    dumbell squats - 60x12, 70x10, 80x8
    dumbell farmer carries - 70lbs x 60ft, 8 sets of 80lbs x 40ft
    single leg broad jumps(w/ a band around my waist and somebody pulling on it) - 100 jumps on each leg

61 push-ups in 60 seconds

14. 68 push-ups in 60 seconds

15. man I need to get a gym membership. I've been trying to tone get cut..muscle growth here and there but not really the results I want. What does your diet consist of? lots of protein, little or no carbs?

16. #396 sirbrandon101, May 17, 2012
    Last edited: May 17, 2012
    Lots of protein(mostly from chicken, eggs, milk) and carbs(rice, beans, pasta, bread). I'm not trying to get lean though so obviously our macronutrient needs are different.

deadlifts
    db shoulder press
    db rows
    bb curls
    face pulls

17. A UFC Gym just opened up right down the street from me. I got a free trial membership and this place is sick. It has a full size octagon and some really large areas for sparring and bag work, full gym w/ lifting platforms and bumper plates, a turf area w/ tractor tires, prowlers, and battle ropes. And surprisingly it's not full of Tapout bros.

[​IMG]

deadlifts - 135x5, 185x5, 225x5, 245x5
    trap bar deadlifts - 225x2x5
    bent-over rows - 95x12, 135x10, 135x2x8
    face-pulls
    kettlebell swings
    planks
    cable crunches

18. Nice improvements bro.
    Makem jelly

19. I have a couple of questions about working out. I want to get cut/buff.

what does your diet consist of after a work out?
    How many days do you wait to let your muscles recover?
    Do you work on certain groups of muscles a day or do you have a certain workout routine?

20. Go to google.
    Figure out what body type you are, google a clean bulking diet to follow.
    After you're bulked up do a keto diet (google it) and get shredded.
    Work out 5 days a week atleast, no excuses.
    Might as well go over to bodybuilding.com and soak up some helpful tips if you're serious about it.