My Homemade Dab Rig (First Post)

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by TheKvltToker, May 2, 2014.

1. #1 TheKvltToker, May 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2014
    Last night i decided to try dabbing for the first time. There was only one problem, I had no rig. And none of my friends really smoke so no one had anything i could use. With that being said I had to be clever and this is what I came up with.

First i went to my local smokeshop and picked up an 18mm to 18mm straight adapter (10$), a ti nail, and a dome. They only had one dome left and it had a tiny crack so they sold me the nail and dome together for 20$, fucking awesome deal.

Then i got home found this cool looking blue bottle that was the perfect size. then i found this black tubing that the 18mm adapter fit snugly in. i attached the bottom of the black tubing to a gaterade cap and put some holes in it, (i guess it would be called a circ perc?) and the The mouth piece is from a broken snorkel lol, hits like a champ!

anyways enough talking heres the picture to have spent only 30$ on this rig i would say this was a major success
    [​IMG]
    I'll maybe post a video when i get more dabs ha

2. Lol I love it😎

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. im all for creative pieces when the situation warrants it but id be careful using a torch on a piece that has any plastic in it because it could be heating up a small space your not noticing and inhaling. that nail gets hot and is radiating heat deeper into the bottle. 

that and the fact that he got a "Ti" nail, dome, and adapter for $20...
    that thing has future lung problems written all over it.

5. 20 bucks is too cheap for ti nail and dome.  I would be suspicious of the source of that nail.  If it isn't american made from a reputable company I wouldn't buy it.  Do you really trust the quality control of chinese titanium nails?