My home made PC grow box[PICS]

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Seebalow, Apr 8, 2009.

1. #1 Seebalow, Apr 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2009
    This is a PC grow box made out of this massive PC tower I have. It has 2 fans in it, one sending air in and one sending air out. I uses 3 high powered LED lights.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the plant in the red cup is the biggest plant. I snapped the stem of my best plant out of the group, it had 2 sets of leaves and was strong as hell.... untill my fan chopped it in half when I was putting the fan in

This is my second grow, and my second grow box.

post comments etc..

2. Wow dude
    That's a cool setup
    How many plants does it hold? And could you message me the instructions?
    Thanks

3. I plan to make a video tutorial on this. It holds 3-7 plants depending on how close you want them to be.

4. What wattage are those lights? You say they were LED? You may want to consider the correct light spectrum next time... white LED's would be very ineffective.

5. I am not sure of the wattage, I threw the box away. I can tell you these are very high powered though and I have 3 of them inside the box.

6. I have always wanted to do one of these grows.

You have got to start using the "macro" setting on your camera. Do a little googling, you will see what I mean. It will allow you to take nice, sharp, up close pictures.

Very cool, props dude!

7. I was using a phone (env2)

8. hello, I am a newbie to growing and I was just wondering what do you do when the plant grows too big for the computer? From what I have read so far, dont you need to remove them from those small pots/cups and put them in a much larger container to grow the plant?

9. Size will be a big issue for you if you are planning this for a start to finish spot. I say this from my own experience. Even the largest PC tower is not enough space for a nice healthy grow. I have seen some success with PC grows but they were no more than 1 plant at a time. However, it could be a great place to start the seeds.

10. Thank you:) ^^

11. He's right, you need the correct wavelength of led. You bought the white led spotlights at walmart didn't you? White led's are not going to anything for your plant. Also I doubt you have more than 30 combined watts in there.

12. Hey man, I was wondering how you fitted the fans? Were there already two fan locations built in?

Thanks a lot

13. very good start, but you need to do a few things to maximize output.

Firstly, ditch those LED's and get a nice 85w CFL bulb. LED's do not put out the proper spectrum of light, and for it to be truly effective, you will need at least 50. Check out smknVTEC's LED thread there's some really useful information there.

Second, grab a drill with a 1/8" bit and drill out all the rivets holding the CD and HD trays in place.

Third, seal up your light leaks, check out rumpleforeskins guide to light-proofing axial pc fans.

Lastly, 3 plants in such a small space is going to be VERY cramped. My suggestion would be to make a planter box the size of the base of the pc tower (18"x7.5" if im not mistaken), and plant ONE plant, but put a scrog screen about 4" above the plant. (Think of a window sill planter box.)

Good luck!!!

14. :cool:i agree with the gentleman above me

you are not going to grow 3-7 plants inside that case, no way no how! max 2 plants thats it.
    i see that your not taking advantage of LEDS and have them a bit far away from the plants, bring em up close dude, the beauty of LED's is that they wont burn your plant like MH and HPS and even CFL would. and you need to post what wattage are those LED's, they seem awfully small to be "high powered".
    overall i think you did really well, its still rough round the edges but these things arent made perfect overnight, feel free to check out my sig and my pc grow box with LED's. if there's anything i can help with, feel free to PM me!

be well and safe growing

Bp

15. nice pc grow box mane good jimmyrign...but man u need mylar gotta reflect that light folk

16. What kind of leds are you using you dont have the right spectrum