Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My Highs are different than they used to be

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by jmizle, Jun 1, 2012.

1. I don't know what happened, but when I get high it's just completely different than it used to be. I started smoking last year, and I would smoke just about every single day with my buddies from school. When i got high everything was funny and I talked and told jokes and had fun just like your supposed to when you smoke. I would just have so much fun every time that I got high. But I recently moved to a different city where I didn't really have any close friends. But to my point, now whenever I blaze everything is different than it used to be. Instead of having fun and laughing, I have like really deep thoughts. I think about all of the people involved in my life in a negative way. Like I think about everybody's bad flaws, or something they do that annoys me. Just every single thought that I have is negative. I can smoke with some friends and they are all laughing and having a good time and talking and I'm just sitting by myself having these negative thoughts, not even trying to socialize. I don't understand why this is happening because I smoked every single day last year and I was the life of the party. Has this happened to anyone else? Can somebody give me tips on what I should do? I just want smoking to be enjoyable again. I want to laugh and have fun like I used to.

2. i went through these phases. it's normal i think but i did find it enjoyable again, just in a different way.

3. How high is your tolerance?

4. It used to be really high because I smoked almost every day but now it's like once a month, so when I do smoke I feel like way to high to function.

5. [quote name='"jmizle"']
    It used to be really high because I smoked almost every day but now it's like once a month, so when I do smoke I feel like way to high to function.[/quote]

Damn then I don't know, maybe you've just matured more and haven't realize it.

6. Another thing that happens to me is I get like 20x more paranoid than when I used to smoke. I feel like everyone is talking about me, and I feel like everyone thinks I'm a loser. Just more negative thoughts.

7. NEGATIVE THOUGHT produce negative outcomes and weaken your soul...

Humans thoughts are more powerful than we think..

Think positive and ull see a difference..

Feed your soul.. soul feeds on good enegery and thought and outcomes.

8. [quote name='"jmizle"']Another thing that happens to me is I get like 20x more paranoid than when I used to smoke. I feel like everyone is talking about me, and I feel like everyone thinks I'm a loser. Just more negative thoughts.[/quote]

That sounds like some internal issues to me, my friend. Do you have close friends? Close with your family? Everybody needs someone to talk to every now and then.

9. But I only have these thoughts whenever I'm high. I used to smoke because it made everything better. When I'm not high I'm perfectly normal and have regular thoughts. I think I might just be subconsciously depressed and the weed just brings it out.. I'm not sure whats going on. I'm scared to smoke again because I feel like I'm just going to act depressed and anti-social. I just want my old highs back :(

10. Depersonalization disorder? Is here also like a third person in your head criticizing you? Like a second you voice calling you a loser and everybody thinks your retarded but are not saying so or picking on you just because they are being nice to you?

11. [quote name='"jmizle"']
    I might just be subconsciously depressed and the weed just brings it out.. [/quote]

Agreed

12. #12 KodeXs, Jun 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2012
    ( Imade this account just to reply to your thread)

I think i know whats causing your problems, its basically this:
    You are not tolerant for weed and if i were you stop smoking it.

let me elaborate:
    I grew up in amsterdam and if you probably know that in amsterdam its legal to smoke weed, so i thought it was normal to smoke weed and shit, because everybody else did it and stuff. But to cut to the point, some people have diffrent chemistry in there brain and can be extremely intollerant for weed (like me)

First it was fun and stuff, but then it became darker ,paranoid feelings, dark thoughts, like a devil is watching you and shit i also became anti social like for example i wanted to talk but when i was high i just couldnt or something..

You are basically in the first phases of creating a schizophrenia/psychotic episode.

i know it because i been there, been institutionalized and shit. now 4 years later. iam clean and happy i came out it, but i will never be the same person i used to be.
    Have to pop anti psychotic pills and shit anti deppresants.

I am not telling you what to do but i am just sharing my experience.

Wish you best of luck

edit: looking through your post you said that both your parents smoke weed right?
    well mine too, and it could has something to do with that.

people should be better informed nowadays that weed is not like cigarettes or something,
    it can fuck you up bad.

13. I went through the same shit. I used to just stand in front of the mirror and just pick out my flaws, and it made me feel like shit.

Then I realized that nobody around me ever realized these flaws. A chick you see everyday could say she's having a bad hair day, even though her hair looks the same as it always does, so you don't even notice it.
    That's because we are used to ourselves. You are with yourself all day. You are hearing your thoughts, and hearing your words. You know yourself like the back of your hand. Since you know yourself so much, your flaws become more prevalent. Your personality and who you are, are concrete. You know it's the same everyday, so you ignore that stuff and focus your attention on the new things about yourself. That zit on your chin, that chunk of hair that doesn't stay where you want it. Whatever.
    People don't see your flaws as easily because they don't know you as well as you do. Their mind is still accepting and learning the things about you that you already know--your personality and who you are as a person.

This is more about self-consciousness, but hopefully that helps. You just need to learn to ignore your negative thoughts, because that's all they are--negative. Those thoughts are just twisted, fucked up versions of the truth.

14. Trust me you cant philosophize this. Its not about inner reflection or something.
    I still want to ask him a question:

Do you feel like people are trying to hurt you?
    Like people driving by in cars looking at you and stuff?
    Just complete strangers you know?

If yes , stop smoking stat!

15. Use this to your advantage OP. Smoking and having fun with your friends is great but marijuana should be used for so much more. These thoughts are most likely only negative because your going into your highs wishing they were more like the ones you used to experience with mates.

Next time you get high just enjoy the new experience. Use it to gain a better understanding of yourself and your surroundings/life in general.