My High-Thought

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by SkunkPatronus, Aug 16, 2012.

1. I'll be the one that says it directly; the world would be a better place if there were fewer people.

That's what the aliens should be focusing on IMO. All the other "problems" would kinda sorta go away for a spell.

I guess that's the best I can suggest ;)

2. [quote name='"Possuum38North"']I'll be the one that says it directly; the world would be a better place if there were fewer people.

That's what the aliens should be focusing on IMO. All the other "problems" would kinda sorta go away for a spell.

I guess that's the best I can suggest ;)

[/quote]

About a dozen or so years ago, I wrote a paper for school (ya know, book learnin') on the Earths "carrying capacity." pretty scary stuff.

Yet we move forward, in the name of the almighty human race.

Boro

3. [quote name='"blackey"']Earths carrying capacity? Billions of pounds of space dust fall on earth daily. I don't think humanity can add much more weight than 1 billion pounds of added weight a day from space dust.[/quote]

Misunderstanding here, though I know not what you speak of, what I was referring to was the depletion of the natural resources. I will do some digging tomorrow. But this is a little off the "alien" vibes going on in here and I don't want to derail anything.

Boro

4. Lawd knows USA is doin everything possible to balance out the scale with space dust

5. removed to where? i thought matter couldn't be created or destroyed, only changed in form. season finale of falling skies tonight . good primer for dealing with alien overlords.:hello:

6. #26 blackey, Aug 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2012
    We don't even need to eat meat. Were not meant to eat meat. Humans are herbivores and everybody has had it wrong since the beginning of time. We eat meat for what, nutrients? Why do we try to get these nutrients after their processed through another animal? If you don't believe this think about it,

Carnivores have claws, to rip apart what their eating. Herbivores have flat feet with dull nails, not claws.

herbivores teeth are flat and have a grinding motion. Carnivores teeth are charp to tear flesh and their jaws operate in a chomping motion.

If you still don't believe think about this

The digestive system of Carnivores is short. its short so it can push out all of the animal flesh and meat before it starts to rot. They have high acidity in their stomach + saliva to break down the animal meat. There are no folds/ridges/bumps that may trap the meat it ALL comes out

Herbivores have long digestive tracts to allow the body to break down all the proteine/fats/carbohydrates. Its long and has all kinds of crevises and bumps to allow plant matter to be digested even better.

So think about how our digestive system is. Its long, has many crevises and bumps. We have GOOD cholesterol and BAD cholesterol. Our body produces cholesterol which is the GOOD kind. Animal meat contains cholesterol and ANY cholesterol that we put into our body is always BAD cholesterol, so why do we eat meat?

How much shit is gunking up our colons from the animals we eat? Carnivores can eat meat all day and not have clogged up arteries and high cholesterol and all these problems humans have because their body is designed to push out ALL the animal meat none of it gets left inside, our human HERBIVORE bodies cant remove all the meat and it packs into the colon and heaping tons of diseases start because of this, so why do we eat meat?

Do you realize that we have been feeding out bodies the wrong types of food since the beginning of humanity? Do you wonder why we have so many diseases and problems with us today? There is starvation, and somehow it can be because of the problem with raising more cattle. This is such an unnessecary problem because we dont NEED to kill innocent animals. Its obvious that were not suppose to raise cattle, look what they do to our land.

Just look at us all we are far from even looking like any anything else that naturally eats meat. To be a true meat eater wouldnt you have to have the natural instincts to track down your prey on foot, kill it WITH YOUR BARE HANDS, rip it open and eat ALL OF IT raw? Humans do NOT have not even a smudge of that NATURAL instincts to kill for food. When you are hungry and see an animal you dont go charge it tackle it down and start ripping it open with your teeth and start eating. Although when you are hungry you could go to a store and heat a big piece of meat but if you think this justifies being a Meat eating Carnivore you missed the whole point of this post.

I think its pretty clear that we have all the fucked up problems with our bodies today because we cant see it to feed ourselves the right way. Just because humans adapted to be able to eat meat and plants we turned ourselves into omnivores, but in the wild omnivores eat mostly plant matter and would only eat a very small amount of meat if needed.

So theirs a solution to the problem, QUIT KILLING ANIMALS AND EATING THEM. That will solve land problems, solve hunger problems, and we will all be way more healthy in the long run and MAYBE we will have a fighting chance to survive each other.

What if the first humans instead of killing to survive survived off of plants instead? What if the whole hunt for your breakfast lunch and dinner never occurred and since the beginning we been growing everything we eat and eating it as it is or safely processing it all into meals packed with natural organic nutrients that tast like real meat? Well, there are places where this happens but EVERYBODY should be doing it. I wish that people with power like the president/government would actually think this way. We can all sit around fat lazy clogged arteries from eating that last big-mac from mcdonalds and a large fry crying over all our debt, maybe this is whats dulling our common sense? Its sad that people go hungry these days when all you need to survive is a seed and nature.

I guess its all a part of evolution? We think back 100's of years and think about how the farther back in time we go the "dumber" we are but we get more wise/intelligent over the years, we think were pretty smart now but clearly were still stupid.

7. too long and boring to read,going to mcdonalds for adouble bacon cheese-burger instead!:hello::hello::hello::hello:

8. haha that was funny B Rep

9. No, we eat meat for the protein not nutrients. They are more readily available when processed thru another animal than from legumes and half complements from grains. Human's are Omnivores, like bears.

Only Apex Carnivores, or predition/preditor carnivores have claws, the rest do not...some plants are carnivores, and you'd have a hard time explaining where they keep their claws. From fish to Fungi are carnivores. Mushrooms don't have teeth let alone claws. Facultative carnivores do not have claws, they use other methods to get the proteins they need, and they do not hunt.

We humans have incisiors and cuspids both, hence omnivores.

Acid is acid, we all have a ph of 2 inside our stomachs, it's hydrochloric acid, it's produced in the same cells in all mammals, they are called parietal cells, they make the same amount as is needed to break your food down in the stomach. Carnivores make the same amount as a herbivore, as much as is needed.
    Saliva doesn't break down meat, it breaks down carbohydrates and carbohydrates only, it's full of amylase. You really need to take a human anatomy and physiology class.
    We, the whole lot of us, have folds/ridges/bumps, and they are called villi btw, in our small and large intestines. It is a larger surface area cellular interface, where the broken down 'stuff' is absorbed. It works similarily to the alveoli in the lungs. More surface area, greater absorbtion.

They have a shorter transver colon, sig colon and rectal vault, they don't have a shorter small intestine. They developed this because they don't need to reabsorb large quantities of water from he large intestine, because fats and proteins don't require the addition of water to break them down in the stomach and small intestine like carbs require. It's not to push it out before it rots, it's already fully rotted and bacterialized, it's shit by now...they just don't need an extra 15ft of water reabsorbtion surface.

Cholesterol is animal fat. Animal fats are the good kind, we need cholesterol from animal fats. In fact the reason our body can synthasis cholesterol from any available fat sources fed to us, is because we need it so badly. Your brain's nerves are myelinated with cholesterol and it only.

This isn't the case either. They don't 'push it all out' and therefore are safe from what they eat. They absorb what they eat like we do. Meat does not pack into our colon's...that's so dramatically unaccurate. Really, take a physiology class. No diseases are caused by meat, 'packing in our colon's'... name one.

That's why I wrote this thread. With the number of human's on the planet, our stock raising is bad for the planet. I think you must have missed this. We are designed for protein intake though, hence my concepet for having a cow's stomach, one that will breed it's own bacteria for consumption of protiens...just like a cow's does.

No, you missed the point of the post. I agree, it would be better if human's could use a bacterial form of protein consumption, and not be dependant on animals. I know plent of humans that kill to eat, so you can toss out the concept of human's not being preditors and needing a store for consumption. Using fire is optional too, I have eaten plenty of raw meat and fish in my life.

In the wild Omnivores eat a ton of meat! Look at bears, they eat literally a shit-ton of fish. Small amount of meat my ass, they eat a ton. They do not have ruminants stomachs, none of them produces their own bacterial protein supply for body use, they must eat proteins in large amounts. Like human's the the bears would be better off with my cow-stomach addition too! Then the bears wouldn't eat all my tasty fish...:hello:

S
    We cannot stop eating exogenous proteins, and the animal's are the best source. We need proteins in large amounts in our diets. That's why I proposed the cow-stomach concepts. We'd do better if we made our own proteins and left the animal's alone.

Plants are good, higher protein plants are better...making our own supply, is priceless.

Maybe. I still think you should take an Anatomy and physiology class, it would augment your knowledge fund.

10. See what too much dope can do to your minds? I wrote that rant completely stoned lol. I know we eat meat for protein but i for some reason didnt type that. Its just the whole thing people think we need to be raising this much cattle. Sorta like how we should start to go from using coal and natural gas for energy and start figuring out how to get the most out of solar energy to power our homes. If theres going to be such an issue over not having enough cattle to feed us we need to start eating more plants and figure out how to get the most out of them. I dont know tho, I hear so many stories about problems occurring with food, it seems like a mess to me. Not to mention the horrors these animals go through before they are killed. I know I would rather have a nice big garden to grow all kinds of foods and other plants to make my meals out of.

I dont know if its true but apparently eggs from chickens are their periods, a part of their menstrual cycle, thats kinda strange.

11. Dang MaMaSkunk! :D Awesomeness!

12. had to put blackey on ignore because such idiocy hurts my brain.

13. Right on skunk. Here's an article I came across. Interestingly enough I've discovered I have celiac disease that manifests itself as dermititas herpetiformus. One of the things that helped me make great strides was cutting out mass produced grain feed beef from my diet. Take it for what it's worth.
    http://www.nrdc.org/living/eatingwell/top-10-reasons-eat-grass-fed-meat.asp

14. #34 Sizlunt, Sep 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2012

So what I do involves ecosystem-level ecology, and what I can tell you is that because of centuries of human impacts on the ecosystem, things aren't in balance anymore. You would probably be surprised to know that cattle ranching is an integral part of landscape management, at least here in California, because there are no other large herbivores anymore on large swaths of the land, and because most of California's native grasses have been extirpated in favor of invasives from Europe. The main examples of this that come to mind are on vernal pool landscapes and the northern ranges of San Joaquin kit fox habitat. In vernal pool landscapes, if they are left ungrazed, the invasive European grasses (which compose like 95% of the grasses you see in vernal pool landscapes, and in most of California, sadly) will build up and eventually decrease the quality of the pools, or eliminate them all together. Grazing is essential to keeping these invasive grasses under control. Similarly, kit foxes prefer habitat with sparse grass cover, and are being pushed out of their northern range, partially because cattle ranching has declined in the north, and the cattle are no longer there to eat down the grasses.

So I agree that people should obtain most of their nutrition from vegetables, but if cattle ranching becomes unprofitable, there will no longer be a viable tool for landscape management in California, and other states as well I imagine.

15. you are what you eat, and only beasts eat beasts, if its no longer necessary to eat animal then why do it? btw when you eat meat or any cooked meals, your body responds to it with a rise in white blood cells, similar to an infection,.. this doesnt happen when you eat raw fruits and veggies,

16. By that logic I could say something like this:

Every creature that eats only plant matter is dumb as hell, like cows, deer, and sheep.

My real point is that it doesn't really matter. Humans are omnivores, if you don't want to eat meat, then don't.

17. I guess that is why I don't have many friends. I am a garbage dump.

Phuc. I thought it might be my natural parfum!