My high Idea While High

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by PeterParker, Jun 3, 2014.

1. #1 PeterParker, Jun 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2014
    So I was high & "wondering" with thoughts and thought how in the "olden days" encyclopedias stored general knowledge, in book format. Then they quickly went, in vein mind you, to copyright CD...and then the internet made an encyclopedia

So I googled "Download" wikipedia and the first link is to wikipedia with a page explaining the process and providing links to open source software...of course....it's wikipedia.

30 gigs for the the whole thing !!  (If using XOWA)

here is the one I used

From XOWA: a free, open-source, offline wiki application
    Overview
    English Wikipedia has a lot of data. There are 13.9+ million pages with 20.0+ GB of text, as well as 3.7+ million thumbnails

Oh ya and why? I guess 'cause I was high. And had the space to spare. Oh and A set of Britanica Encyclopedias costs 695$ and consists of a laughable 40,000 articles and a mere 3,000 photographs. By that valuation my copy of wikipedia is $241,512 & 50 cents. Now if the internet catches fires and burns to the ground I'll have my very own wikipedia.

Eat my shorts "Great" Library of Alexandria.

Funny enough I searched "Library of Alexandria" in XOWA and read how it had been burned down, however those events are not confirmed

Then I read more, how there is this New Library of Alexandria, which also has an internet archive, of EVERY WEB PAGE since 1996!!!

Okay, so their 2,300,000 gigs beats my 20.

Oh and the link to the "Wayback Machine" Internet Archive search

An Actual Encyclopedia Britanica tagline for their 30 textbook encycolpedia....Today's Knowledge in a Compact Format.  lol what is "Today" beyond the print date and compact compared to what?

2. Ya times were pretty rough back then before they invented toilet paper