Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My hash lit on fire???

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by camram, Nov 6, 2011.

1. I topped my bowl with some bubble hash and it like lit on fire until I used my poker to put it out. Does this mean bad hash?

2. Good question, i don't know too much about making hash, but I know I've seen people use butane or some liquid, and hope it wasn't because of that!

I've gotten just bud to catch fire, usually when kinda dry.

3. like combusted completely or just caught for a second and went out...but I have no experience with bubble hash...like the only thing I haven't done with cannabis haha

4. Nah , Full melt bubble will light on fire, but it go's out easy... just keep the flame further away, or use a glass wand ..

5. It's normal if you have the lighter right up on it... Just blow it out or put it out with the bottom of a lighter or something and keep smoking....

And whether or not it sets on fire has nothing to do with quality...

6. Hash normally does that. its a real small flame right? if so yeah just put it out to conserve the precious hash..
    fyi dont touch it...shit will stick n burn

7. haha, that's some crazy shit bro. But it was prolly ur bong that caught on fire.

8. It means it's not the purest possible hash. Not that it's bad. Most of the hash I get isn't so great and will burn a bit, rather than only melt.

9. Yeah I burnt my thumb that was on the carb a little. Yeah it was like a full flame. Like my spoon could be a medieval torch flame. Sounds like my flame was too much on it.

10. Camram I have a feeling we both smoke too much weed.

11. Good hash should catch fire immedietely. If it doesnt catch fire, its not good quality hashish (probably has mixing).

12. Wow I've made qwiso hash and have never had it catch on fire when I've burned it, but then again I melt it into the bud anyways.

13. Mixing as in what? I have a hard time justifying really expensive hash purchases like gold wax for 40 a gram or whatever but I haven't noticed a difference in the hashes that catch fire or don't, it seems to be my lighting technique.

14. Bong caught on fire? :confused:

I find it humorous that there are some wildly-conflicting answers in this thread...I don't think catching fire would indicate bad quality, but I dunno :cool:

15. Yeah man or we just smoke at the same time of the day. I doubt the latter lol :smoke:

16. [quote name='"Tempyr"']Wow I've made qwiso hash and have never had it catch on fire when I've burned it, but then again I melt it into the bud anyways.[/quote]

My qwiso don't catch on fire either but i think its technically a oil, so I don't think BHO catches on fire either if I'm not completely wrong.

And op try using a toothpick to light it, you can control the flame better, and its not as hot so it doesn't burn as fast and smokes better.

17. I feel like hash use is on the rise.

18. i dont think this is possible.. hahaha

19. Why don't you try holding the flame further away from the hash? I might just be high but I think you aren't lighting it right.

20. Did you smoke some hash?