My Happy Hippies

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Greentality, Apr 22, 2013.

1. How many people out there really focus on their positivity? I often think about being permanently happy. I feel like its a nearly impossible feat, yet still doable. Often I take time during my day to collect my thoughts, dispose of any negative emotion/thoughts and immerse myself in my positive thoughts. Recently, Ive been focusing on really living in the present. I take time as often as I can to redirect my attention and thoughts to NOW.

So my question to you is... Do you have any certain techniques you use to stay on the bright side? Do you even take any time or care about keeping a positive mindset? Any kind of input at all really!

2. Easy... take the good with the bad...
    How can we even know one without knowing the other....

Once you know both.... it becomes easier to realize the they are one in the same....
    which you experience is entirely dependant on your current perspective....

Each situation we face...each trial we endure... every joy we experience...
    Only ever what we choose to make of them...

Each how we choose to it....

Do not be drug down by the past...
    Do not be forever lost in the future....

Take what you have and make the most of it....now

3. To understand everything passes. Things take time to develop, things take time to heal. Great things do not happen in tiny increments.

To ask myself, "Does any of this actually matter? Is this worth it?"

Accept things, move on, Just go wherever the wind takes me, and let the good times roll.

4. I also struggle to stay positive. Like you said it is very hard. I look at turmoil as a teacher. When something bad happens i try to take a third person view and look for the lesson hidden inside.

5. #5 TheHardcoreWho, Apr 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2013
    My friend told me to imagine yourself in one of your favorite places and then times passes by and you drop your emotions and attachments. That's a bomb strategy when you're stressed in a negative environment.

6. I like that. Tried it in class a few times just because you said time passes by. Ahaha

7. One of my techniques was also to ask myself if it TRUELY MATTERED. Almost always, you can look at things that way and your worries are swept away.

8. Acceptance of things as they are has the effect of creating contentedness, even if it seems like what's happening isn't the best it can be. By merely being in a state of non-resistance, everything just falls away, and lets life just be. Acceptance and non-resistance creates presence. In this presence, reality lies, and that always makes me happy.

9. I've been a pretty negative person for many years. Since I've become more spiritual and begun to practice meditation, I have better control over my emotions and am able to put my problems in perspective. Still, I sometimes masochistically hold on to my depression, not wanting to put forth the effort to climb out of my hole.

10. Oh there is most certainly a masocist in me....
    I have always had a thing for pain
    Poking and picking at my wounds...
    Doing things that others won't because it hurts....

I know you didn't mean physically.... but it bought it to mind....
    Jobs others do with gloves and long sleeves to protect themselves.... i do in a tank top.... bare handed.... endure the scrapes and scratches...
    Spent alot of years roofing.... that is pain...

Once you learn to make it what you want.... you can make the pain into fuel.... use it to drive you.... you may be surprised how far you can go....

11. "Row, row, row your boat, gently down the stream;
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a dream"

Just always remember to row your boat gently down the stream and let the water take you wherever it takes you, and you can remain at least content, if not happy.

12. I am not always happy. I used to be very sad. I still get sad but I've found happiness. What makes me happy is being on the path that takes both the good and the bad and recognizing that both are just as important. It doesn't mean I'm always happy but when I am able to reflect on this my mindset about the things that cause me pain becomes one not of barriers but one of challenge and opportunity.

13. Perspective makes all the difference...
    and perspective is a choice we make..
    Consciously or not....