My guitars!

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Starlore, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Well, I took a pic of my guitars for the social group we have here at the city dedicated to guitars, and I just thought i 'd post them up here in the music hall as well. That way the people that aren't in the group can still check out my axe's =D

[​IMG]

I've got a (From left to right):

Custom guitar, a cort neck and strat body I put together - also was my first guitar, covered in punk rock stickers and all scratched up. Cheap pickups.

Next we have my PRS Singlecut, with a dragon II pickup in the neck and a Seymour Duncan SH-'59 in the bridge. Both of which were soldered in by me and a friend.

Than we have a martin Dreadnought acoustic. Thing plays so sweet an is my favorite guitar. No electronics in it.

The blue acoustic is a Brairwood cutaway with stock electronics. Got it for my girlfriend a few years back and it spends a lot of time at my house because it plays so sweet =)

All the way to the right is a Fender Stratocaster with another custom pickup job, I installed a Seymour Duncan Hot rails, a Seymour Duncan Vintage Rail, and one other pickup which I can't quite remember the name of, It's a Seymour Duncan, but I'm not sure on the exact model and it plays kind of hot, I love it.

Up front we have a 1974 vintage Ventura classical acoustic. Was my mothers, technically I guess it still is. I've just taken over it for the past 9 or 10 years =D

I usually play out of a Marshall half stack and head that I acquired used a bit ago or a micro cube practice amp.

What all do you guys play out of? What's your favorite set up? Share!

2. Those are nice guitars man!!
    ..wish I could play, I think the guitar's the most awesome, versatile instrument.

3. Thanks man! I appreciate it :)

hey, you teach me about web programing and I'll teach you the guitar, deal? :hello: haha.

I'm not the most talented, but I do enjoy fiddling and jamming out with friends.

4. I might get around to posting pics later, but

2006 Fender American Series Stratocaster (Olympic White w/ rosewood fretboard and anodized gold pickguard...sexy)

1976 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Bartolini pickup in the bridge position)

2006 Fender Mexican Standard Stratocaster (Two-tone sunburst w/ maple fretboard, tortoiseshell pickguard and a Duncan Performer in the bridge)

Epiphone Les Paul Standard

Montana dreadnought acoustic

5. Awesome stuff!!

I would love to see a pic of your American strat and the 76 Gibson. I bet they are amazing. Sexy would be an understatement! haha.

6. This is the LP Custom

[​IMG]

7. Just letting you know... I'd gladly kill you for that guitar lol ^_^

8. Man, that guitar looks AMAZING.

It looks like it has been kept in such nice condition. Maybe it's just the picture, but I don't see any scratches or dents or wear on that guitar. Really amazing for it's age.

I'll bet that thing can crank out one sweet tone. What kind of amp do you plug into?

Yeah, man that shit is pretty epic. ;) haha.

9. I treat it like it's made of eggshells, but there are plenty of scratches on it from before I got it. And if you look at the neck pickup, you can see that years of playing have eroded the gold finish on the edges.

Right now I'm playing through a Line 6 Spider III, which is like sacrilege to a lot of people, but I like it. However, I've also got my eyes on maybe a Vox AC15 or a Fender Blues Junior in the future.

10. OK, people, guitars and axes don't have apostrophes. They're like books and houses: plural.

11. haha.. that stuff's easy. Requires no talent at all, just a bit of learning.

Music's different, it comes from within. No matter how well I learned it technically I could
    never find that right way of creating it ..oh well

12. Hey man, you use whatever amp it is that gives you the sound you want. Shouldn't really make a difference to anyone =D

I'll have to look into the other two amps, I don't know much about them.

I think the only wear I have on my prs is scratch marks on the back from my belt buckle, other than that... it's either in the case or in my hands :D

13. Aww don't say all that. I'm not naturally talented with music, I just practice. lol I took some lessons about a year after I started and that greatly helped. I'm not that great a musician to begin with (I can admit it, but it sure is fun :D, and I love guitars) but I practice and I can play at a mediocre level.

I don't really sit down with intentions of creating anything in particular or in my head though, I just fiddle around and when I hear something I like, I remember it and add on to it. Anyone can do that.

I always feel envious of those I see with a natural talent for music though, everything just flows so much smoother lol. So I definitely know what you mean there. Don't be discouraged by it if you want to learn, though.

14. just startin out

got a suburst kramer that sounds great, got 3 pickups (2 quad rail and one dual rail).

Playin it through a line 6 spider 3. Don't like that it doesn't have a whammy, but whatever.

learning through jamplay.com

15. Here's a picture of the American Series Strat

[​IMG]

16. [​IMG]
    My acoustic guitars, a Carlo and A stellar. Been playin about 4 years now

I play electric too, but my Ibanez GSA60 aint worth showin lol

Luckily for me, my sisters boyfriend has one of these. And yet he doesn't know how to play, so I get to shred on it all i want. <3 the bird silhouette inlays
    [​IMG]

17. Damn man that PRS is worth alot, and the kid doesnt know how to play? haha awh man. Its his money but damn that ills me, Theres so many good players out there with shit guitars.

18. i have that same amp, 120watt, and i gotta say it want a different one. its good for the price, its very versatile, its an ok amp but its definitely not flawless. but then again, get some nice pedals and your good to go

19. Hah he didnt buy it himself.
    He started playing on a Fender Squire Strat and after like 3 weeks his dad was like "you gotta learn to play on a real guitar" and gave it to him lol
    Apparently his dad has been playing all his life and has a lot of very nice guitars, but i haven't ever been over there to see them yet. I plan to soon though

20. Oh man thats awesome, reminds me of my father. I was playing on my friends shitty strat imitation, wasnt even a squier, then I got better and he finally took me to guitar center and got me my sg for my birthday.\

This isnt mine but its a picture I found on google, same thing:

[​IMG]