My Grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Kermit98, Nov 19, 2012.

1. well i am 23 days into this grow how am i looking so far?

i started off 24/7 for 2 weeks
    then i switched to 18/6 for 9 days
    today i will start 12/12
    to keep the plants kinda small as i dont have alot of space

i water them every 3-4 days as needed
    i have 4 100w cfl's over tops of plants and a few random for under growth
    they are plated in FFOF

well anyways here are some images let me know how they look :wave:

View attachment 1033371 View attachment 1033372 View attachment 1033373

View attachment 1033374 View attachment 1033375

2. looking good so far

3. nice! lots of indica

4. yes! unfortunately its bag seed so who knows what i get out of them hope its decent :wave:

5. Well they're doing a hell of a lot better than mine, haha. Mine are about the same age, but much smaller.

6. will update later or tomorrow been a long stressful week with work and other stuff....
    but they are growing like weeds lol no sign of gender as of yet :smoking:

7. well here is some picture updates still no sex as its still to early to tell should know within the next couple of weeks im hoping..... no nutes as of yet water them every 3-4 days still

ive had to trim some of them up for more light flow due to small space for the amount i have
    but overall how do they look so far :smoking:

DSCN8277.jpg
    DSCN8278.jpg

Attached Files:

8. so i was looking at the plants today under a very big magnify glass used for xray equipment anyways 3 plants are showing what looks to be pollen pods will let them go a few more days to see how many more appear then i will be killing those off to make more room.. by looking at the images the ones with pollen pods are the taller of them so far 3 males will let them go a few more days to get full details on them

keep checking back for more updates :wave:

9. #10 bmeat, Nov 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2012

at least you have a lot of plants to work with. i had two and now theres only one. and she is small.

i need to get my hands on some more seeds and plant 3-4 small plants at a time. i want to flower from seed and keep it running

10. #1 reason why i started so many plants cause the first time i attempted to grow i only did one plant and it turned out to be male so ya my reasoning to start with a few more this time in hopes to get atleast 1 or 2 females from the group but im not positive i will have that time will tell if all else fails i will have to break down and by some fem seeds :cool:

will update again in a few more days with new images and status of plants :wave:

11. You should tip them it will give you more room

12. well the dreaded males im pretty sure thats what they are........ the images are the best i could get.. does anyone else think other wise again i know the image quality is not the best but thats the best the camera will do lol

well here they are these are the only 3 showing signs of sex

the images are of the same plant but 2 others have the same ball type things

DSCN8301.jpg
    DSCN8304.jpg

Attached Files:

13. wait it out. im not experienced enough to tell. i noticed a bundle of hairs at the main cola, so it was easy to sex mine

14. i am gonna wait it out another week by then they should show the full pre flower so far only 3 plants of the 9 are showing those so my guess is that they are male and of course they are the taller of the bunch the only other tall one is not showing signs of sex yet it looks to be sativa/indica mixed as leaves are skinnier than the rest of the plants but there not super skinny like a full breed sativa

again as always i will update images and info in another 3-4 days :wave:

15. #16 pg08, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2012
    Lower your lights they are stretching to much. You can maximize that space easily. I have 8 in a 4ftx3ft most are babies right now with a monster. If you want them short make them bushy it will help with your yield. Try keeping the lights like 6 inches from the tops if possible. I use a t5 but you can get them like this with cfl's. the closer the better and I just started flowering her she has started getting bud sites. Good luck with the rest of your grow they are looking great other than the stretch. Check out my grow journal for what you should shoot for. Also if your doing that short of a grow cycle you can use spalled pots to give more room between plants

16. i did have the lights close but the taller plants keep licking the lights so i have to raise it a bit so they dont burn untill i know sex of the tall ones then i can reset lights lower to the shorter ones i did only have them 3 - 4 inches away but the tall plants just grew into the lights so i raised them

17. Ya that's why I love my t5 fluorescents lol. If you can on your next grow your space looks about 2ftx2ft? Maybe a little bigger? Try and get a bad boy t5 light. They are amazing and put out some killer light and my plants literally in one night will grow up into her. The smaller pots will help also. Go to lowes or Home Depot they throw all their plastic garden pots away you can get em for free behind the store and use the smaller ones it will let you move them around for more room. Looks good though man looking forward to seeing you ending grow results. Also have you looked into 12/12 from seed it would be perfect for you space.

18. if you want to try something, you can tie the tall ones down so theyre almost parallel with the floor, and then move the lights closer. i wonder if this will give better, worse, or identical results

19. Should be better I tie all mine down only prob is his space tying it down would cover other plants. Time to knock a wall out and make a bigger grow closet :D lol I would honestly upgrade the lights and scrog that will give best results for the size of your area and maximize yield.