my grow thus far

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by atsar, Oct 27, 2006.

1. here's my grow thus far,it's a single plant obviously,seed came from a bag of weed,be loads of problems throughout,but i'm now feeling quite confident,next will come a load of pictures and what's been going on,but to begin with,it was start of august and the uk was gripped by a heatwave,i put my bagseed in some miracle grow soil and next day it had sprouted!let it be in the sunshine for a bit to see if it would survive,and it grew,in the sun as long as possible then under a small cfl at night so it was getting 18/6,the pic shows how it looked on 2nd sep,i decided it was time to start considering some lighting for it

Attached Files:

2. 6th sep and it had grown some more,decided i'd get an envirolite for it,125 watt giving off around 600 watts,ordered it on ebay,just had to await it's arrival

Attached Files:

3. 13 sep plant has grown a little more when the envirolite finally arrives,plant is showing slight yellowing to the tips of leaves so i start fertilising

Attached Files:

4. 17th sep and there's more yellowing of the leaves,so i seek advice on this site,i'm advised it a mg deficiency and to treat with epsom salts,which i promptly do

Attached Files:

5. next day the envirolite pops and the plant is outside again,decide on a dual spectrum 400watt hps this time,ebay again and another wait,22 sep the new light arrives,and after just 2 more days it's showing signs of sex,looks like a girl heh,space is limited as i have only a wardrobe to grow in so 3 days later i change 12/12 with the lights

Attached Files:

6. 26th sep and the leaves are getting really pale looking,i buy a ph meter and it seems a little on the high side,am gonna use lemon juice to try and lower it

7. it's now the 3rd oct and the yellowing is almost gone now and she's starting to show me some buds,had to remove some lower leaves which were beyond repair but think she looks better,though she's still only 13 inches tall,ph seems better too

Attached Files:

8. 10oct and it still seems fine,got close up to one of the buds,but we're still not very big yet,though is starting to bush out a little

Attached Files:

9. 13 oct and i'm having trouble keeping temps in the wardrobe down so leaving the door open,plant seems bushier every day but still not much taller,though i did say space was limited anyway

Attached Files:

10. plant continued to bush out and buds got more plentiful over the next week,got a new fan to try and cool things down a bit,tips of the leaves seem to be curling down,but it seems to be causing no ill effects

Attached Files:

11. and these are some pictures of it over the next week,up until now,it's 4 weeks 5 days into flowering and is showing some serious buds,still not very tall,maybe about 18 inches but it's really bushy and compact,i'll update this every few days or so until after the harvest

Attached Files:

12. well i'm now 5 weeks and 3 days into flowering and things still look ok,got some nute burns on the shade leaves lower in the plant,but nothing too serious,got another small cfl to get more light to the bottom of the plant,also been using co2 in there for the past week or so,not sure it's making much difference,but heh what do i know

Attached Files:

13. well into the 8th week of flowering now and she's lookin and smelling really nice,don't think i'll have long to wait now,sampled one of the smaller buds and it seems my seed has come from a bag of blueberry,or a strain containing blueberry,can't fuckin wait,still a short plant,but heavy and loaded,well pleased with it

Attached Files:

14. that looks awesome. hope my grow gets to be like urs.

15. yeah,it's hard to believe that the little twig in the first pic is even the same plant,and i thought i was gonna lose it so many times,and all the problems i had early on with lights and stuff,light leaks and all sorts,still pleased though for a 1st attempt,already planning my next grow,wouldn't know what to do with myself if i don't have my plants to worry about:)

16. have you already harvested yet? how talls the plant and how much did it yield? (if its done already)

17. Yet another example of the incredible durability of the hemp family.

Weed is to plants as cockroaches are to animals- nearly indestructable, and can survive under most any conditions.

Kudos for sticking with the grow despite all the problems. I think the next one will be much better.

18. haven't harvested yet,though have sampled 2 of the buds,they dried out to about a quarter,though could have been a bit drier than they were,well it was only a tester,the plant is small,real small,18-19 inches tall,though there's only about 2-3 inches of stem at the bottom,the rest is buds,reckon i'll get an easy ounce from her,she's a heavy plant and most of it seems to be bud:) and thanks bluebong,agree about the hardiness of this plant,even when i was being told it looked sick and it was suggested i maybe give up and start again,i always had hope for her,just glad i did stick with it

19. This time around, get some decent genetics and some good ventilation. You already have a good light and a little experience, might as well go for it and get some good growin' goin'.

I also think you should be very close to harvest- I think you're in week 9 or 10? I'm hoping that for the last 4-5 waterings you've been giving her straight water with nothing added, and she's yellowing up. Chop the whole thing down, clip off all the big leaves, trim up the buds, and hang it upside down in a dark, dry place for 2-3 days. The outside will be crisp, but the inside still wet. Throw the buds into a brown paper bag, close it up, and then open it up and air it out a few times a day. Watch for mold during the whole process. Once the stems snap, you're ready to smoke, but I'd suggest sealing them up in glass jars and letting cure for a while.

I don't know if you know all that, but there it is. Start a journal for your next go-around, and The City will help you out.

20. thanks for the advice bluebong,i'm about 7 and a half weeks into flowering at the moment,gave her just plain old water at the start of week 6 and it's been water ever since,she's showing nute deficiences,especially n&k,yellowing crisp leaves,purpling of stems and some leaves near bottom,some of the leaves have turned white near bottom,and the leaves are strange shaped and almost pure white at the very tip of the main cola,so shouldn't have to worry about too many unwanted chemicals in my smoke,as for the trichs,i feel they're hard to call at the moment,i've took some pictures of the trichs from different parts of the plant but don't know if magnification is quite high enough,i can't get enough light through my microscope to get a proper look at the trichs without false colour,so have abandoned that method for the moment,the pictures i've posted(yeah i know they're shaky,but you try holding a camera still at high magnification then tell me they're crap lol)are magnified somewhere between 30 and 50x
    cheers
    stef

Attached Files: