My Grow Space (LED)

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Student0420, Nov 30, 2011.

1. ya people are like "led sucks" but its cause there so many rip off brands because they saw the market for it, leds are cheap as fuck, but certain high quality leds of certain spectrum make a huge difference. you have sunshine system grow panel right? Thats the brand im getting to thanks for the journal, ialready rep'd you lol damn it im stoned

2. Small bud LED plants... for your space it appears to be a good fit. But LED's just don't do it.

3. Keep in mind that these plants were not raised under optimum conditions. As my knowledge and budget grew, so did the conditions in which the plants grew resulting into what you see above. Had the plants been grown properly the results would have been much better. Also, I am using a 28W light(s) for primary lighting and 14W light(s) for side-lighting. My pan in to eventually use 90W UFO lights on top and 28W for the sides. That combined with better grow methods will undoubtedly produce significantly better results.

I bought my first GP45 for $150 at my local grow shop and I had very low expectations. If it worked half as well as they claimed I would be thrilled. If it didn't I would use it for house plants, X-Mas presents...or whatever.

This light has exceeded my expectations again and again. I have been around hundreds of both indoor and outdoor gardens. HID's, outdoor, and recently LED's. HID's are still the standard for large areas. However, HID's supplemented with LED's produce siggniffegently larger harvests. Carfull though...everybody I know that has used LED's for side-lighting eventually switched to a full LED system.

Don't blink...your HID's are about to become a thing of the past...it they are not already. :D

4. PS...GO DUCKS!!!:hello:

5. As I look at my girls, knowing I am going to have to harvest them soon, something dawned on me...I don't wanna)-:). I like em!! I have grown attached to em. All the tedious little tasks I have done to make sure they are absolutely comfortal, all the time I have spent watering and inspecting every inch of them, all the lessons learned in the short time it took to grow them. I have learned a lot from these girls through them telling me what they like and don't like and I have spent a lot of time studying how to speak the plants language. I think about how much bigger my nugs would be had I know what I know now or if I had had the eqipment I have now when they were young. All that time spent, and now it's almost time to cut them down.

Don't get me wrong! I cant wait to smoke the fruits of my labor! It will be bitter-sweet though.

6. I have seen the errors of my ways...I haven't been using Co2 at all. Getting a set up soon. 30%-50% bigger harvest...why didn't anyone tell me?:confused:

7. I know I wanted to go all LED, but for Christmas I added a T5 Bad Boy for vegg. Love the light6, but heat quickly became an issue. I can resolve it with a little rearranging, but would NEVER have this issue with LED's!

8. Be sure not to vent all your co2 getting rid of heat. Best to vent that t5 directly.

9. I have spent more time in this closet then the plants! Update coming soon! Here is a mock-up...
    [​IMG]

10. well co2
    dont matter unless you got your room dialed in. what ever the limiting factor is. plus you have to increase every thing