My grow setup: 4X RDWC Setup with 400w, what to grow?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Sir Jman, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Here is my grow setup:

I designed this DWC system.

4 4 gallon square buckets painted silver in a square configuration
    5" net pots in each lid
    1/2" tubing, fitting and grommets connected to a reservoir with pump
    Each bucket gets two drippers that refill the bucket through the netcups/hydroton
    Each bucket has a drain at the bottom pumping fluid back to the res.
    Each bucket gets a large ceramic air stone
    Powerful commercial eco 35w 60l/hour air pump.
    1056GPH eco water pump to recirculate in the res

400W hps/metal halid
    Hydrofarm 6" air cooled reflector
    Lumatek 400w ballast
    4 T5's, two on each side
    4x4 grow tent

6" carbon filter with 6" fan and ducting

Co2 system with 20lb tank on a timer

Now I want to grow a strain that would produce a high yield of potent buds. Basically from an economic standpoint iI want the best combination of yield/quality buds to gain the most profit possible.

What strains do you suggest and where do you recommend I order them?

After I have a harvest or two with this system I will duplicate it to have separate veg and flower rooms. I already have a mother/clone area figured out with CFLs. in a cabinet

2. Looks like youve got the gear to get a good grow happenning, I would suggest White Widow.

How many Gallon is your Res, the bigger the better i think, saves alot of headaches with PH etc when the roots fill the bucket.

Good Luck. Post some pics so we can have a look.

3. thanks. I still need to get together some of the gear. I was thinking white widow as well for potency but I wasn't sure how the yields were.

4. I was looking at:

White Widow
    Trainwreck
    Black Jack

was just looking on dr chronic...

I could use some site and strain suggestions though.

5. your more patient then i am i would have that shit filled with local seeds keep updating this looks good

6. I don't quite have everything yet. I'm waiting to buy the light and hut next week when my paypal account is fixed. Im not in the ideal living situation now and dont move into my apartment until june so that is a factor too. I had a few bagseed seedlings then got paranoid and threw them out. I found a seed under my desk so that is germinating now. ;)

But I want to order the best strain possible.

Right now I'm looking at Hawaiian Snow. Over 20% THC and supposed to yield well too. I bet I could charge $100 an eighth for this stuff and people would buy it up. I think I would make up a bs name for it though, like Super Snow or something.

http://www.greenhouseseeds.nl/shop/index.php?target=products&product_id=28

7. I was originally going to do two dif strains but I think I just want one super strain so everything grows evenly.

8. yeah yeah shit that would be tight w rhino is 24%% thats nice and heady haha

9. but yeah i didn't read that before its good you have a secondary i have a small box with 5 daylight cfls thats just big enough for a good 3-4 footer...... tubes run up the sides

10. what are the best conditions to germinate seeds? I germinated my last batch in wet paper towels then put them in rockwool cubes once the root tip formed. only one sprouted though. this time i carefully put the seed with the root tip face down about 1/4" into the rockwool soaked in water then covered the top with rockwool bits. its sitting in a warm location now but i would like to make sure it sprouts.

11. Ok so I'm now leaning towards a 2x4 grow tent.

I think I will start with 4 plants but might be able to fit 6 comforatably.

I still need to picka strain.

Right now I am looking at Serious Seeds White Russian and Barney's G13 Haze. Leaning towards the russian since it looks good and sounds amazing. AK-47 x White Widow sounds too good.

12. It is a tough choice though.