my grow room ventalation ?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by zeorayf, Jul 8, 2012.

1. hey this is my vent system please give me advice is it to much? to little? perfect ? i want great air flo and i dont want my whole house smelling like weed so let me know ? thanks a lot

Attached Files:

2. That's a great design but that's a pretty big grow room. How many plants do you have vegging? and how many flowering? Using a perspective view(no dimensions) It appears you will have 4-6 plants vegging with anywhere from 6-12 plants flowering. Is this correct? If so you have great air flow as well reducing all odor.

3. Don't think ya really need 4 8" inline fans

4. the reason i have the 4 8" inline are because my veg room and my dark room are completly enclosed so if i didnt add the inline fans to them they would have no air flow at all also there are a few small gaps in my dark room ( like 12" x 2" ) what is the best way to fill those gaps?

5. I see a couple of issues.

First, and the biggest, is that you are placing your grow rooms right next to your Furnace and Hot Water Heaters. Their could be some heat issues you will have to deal with. You can only take out so much heat with ambient air before you have to ad air conditioning to go further.

Second, this could just be the way you drew it, but you do not want to place the intake and exhaust right next to each other.

Third, you may have a problem with using the same CFM fans for intake and exhaust, especially with BLOWING through the filter. What this could do is set up a positive air flow rather than a negative air flow. Basically this means you always want to be sucking the air out of your room. If the air flow becomes positive where you are blowing more in than taking out you will have smells escape.

The system you have diagrammed might work without the filter. Fans are more efficient at sucking air than blowing it. However, IMHO, the filter at the end of the exhaust line will impede the air flow too much.

6. ok so what if i switch the intake to the 250 cfm ? also yes the intake will be at the floor and the outake will be at roof level, ok so if i dont have the carbon filter at the end of the system wont my exhaust smell? what else should i use for odor control ?

7. Switching the intakes to a lower CFM fans should help. You can calculate all this by figuring up the CF of each ventilated space, the CFMs of each fan, and how much the filter will cut the airflow (I think this is about 15%, but I am not sure on that).

Sounds hard, not really difficult at all.

8. ok here it is with dimensions will this help?

Attached Files:

9. What is the height of your walls, in ft?

10. Your dry room dimensions can not be correct.

Give me a little time. I'm somewhat blazed at the moment, but I will figure it out for you. :smoke:

11. is the dry room to big? to small ? it just kinda fit there lol

12. i found the mistake thanks

Attached Files:

13. Your veg room has 182 cf.

I am also playing online poker so I will post as I have time to figure it up.

14. Before I figure up your flower room, are you sure about the furnace room measurements? They could be correct, but your drawing would not be to scale as it shows the veg room wall being longer than the drying room wall - but they have the same dimensions. What is correct here?

15. yeah the measurements are correct not the drawing lol it was a rough drawing

16. OK. If my stoned mind is working correctly, your flower room is 552.50 cf.

17. the dimensions written are correct not the drawing , also this is a rough drawing it might not be exact to my final build but it is basic guide for myself ,

18. so you still think that switching to the 250 cf inputs and the 500 cf outputs and the 745 intake and ehaust into the window with the air filter

19. Srry man. I am so blazed I am going to have to wait a while before I can give you a good answer.