My grow room set up, plz help

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Gellinlikeafell, Jan 28, 2011.

1. I am setting up my grow tent, 4x4x6.5. I have a carbon filter, a 440CFM inline fan, an air cooled hood, and an extra booster fan if needed. I was trying to get everything to fit inside the tent, but that left very little room up above. I liked the idea of the fan ontop of the exhaust hood up top, but does this pose a fire hazard? I don't know how hot it's going to run and really don't want to start a fire. My tent has the 3 vent flaps at the bottom, if you're looking in the tent from the zip down door, it has (1) one 4" duct, back wall looking straight ahead is another 4" duct, and directly above it is my 6" exhaust duct hole. I attached pictures if this helps. I was going to run the back port straight down with flex ducting as a passive air intake(also to make it more light tight) with the long ducting falling behind a fan that will blow the air around, just don't know if the other vent directly above it will affect this. Just hoping I could get some feedback, thanks

pictures can be seen on this link

http://forum.grasscity.com/grow-room-design-setup/726046-please-help-me-my-grow-tent-problem-7.html

2. is it an air cooled hood?

put the fan directly on top of the tent... i have done several grows like this.. the fan cools itself...

as long as the light is air cooled you should have no problems with heat... as long as you don't circulate hot air... you must be pulling fresh cooler air from some place and exhausting to another room or attic