Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

My grow plans, your thoughts?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by bonermahoner, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Hey everyone i've been spending the last week or so prepping and researching everything i need in order to get a successful grow but i wanted to run my supplies and ideas by you all to make sure i wasn't leaving anything out..

Supplies:
    -45 gal. rubbermaid bin, 31X17X20" (a little small i know but i figure it'll do until it grows out of it which is when i buy another and flip it over on top in lieu of the lid).

-(2)26w daytime, (2)26 w soft white cfl's both hooked up to "Y" sockets

-Digital Thermometer and humidity

-Mechanical timer

-Power strip

-(2) 12VDC Cooling fans (120x120x38)

-extension cords

Other things im considering buying or rigging up are carbon filters (not a huge issue yet), depending on how many plants end up turning out i will most likely buy 2 more socket splitters to add 4 more cfl's, and a small fan to run inside cooling it down a little more and blowing on the plants stems.

I've got the cfls in "Y" sockets on either end of a wood board supported by chains im able to raise and lower but still not convinced i have enough lighting. Another thing stressing me out is not being able to find a local fox farm soil retailer and i dont have the slightest clue what nutes and ferts to use. Ideas? Comments? What am i forgetting?

..pictures as soon as i can

2. hey dude only things id really say is if your going to do more than 1 plant your going to want more light, you got enough for 1, a good rule of thumb is 100watts a plant to get nice growth & bushy plants but more is always better, also id suggest running your setup for a day first with no plants to check temps so u dont have problems after germing em(dont forget a small fan for inside to move air & strengthen the plant stems)

3. agree