My Grow Journal

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by thebombhaha, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Update time! The plants seem to be doing awesome, and the light distance change was really some great advice.

One leave here on the main plant seems to have some sort of an issue. I attached a picture of it. Is this some sort of an issue, or is it not a problem? Let me know. I’m transplanting the main plant when I wake up tomorrow.

Thanks everybody.

Attached Files:

2. Looking great pal the two biggest ones are u seeing any roots at bottom on cups yet filling up lovely leafs look a health green :)

Sent from my LG-M160 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. History has been made, and I’ve completed my first ever transplant flawlessly it seems using @187Budz ’s method of transplant.

@luke4smoke , thanks so much for telling me to look bro, because I do in fact see stems at the bottom of these cups! After I make my next 1 gallon solution here, I will begin to prepare the 1 gallon mixes to transplant the other plants to them.

Seems like all is going well, and everyone's feedback is greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

4. If you see stems bro there ready for a new home :) they will love it!! At the bottom of the new pots put a few holes an inch from the bottom around the pot it will help air flow in to the soil and it will dry out better i done this to all mine there looking lovely this is my girl shes about 8 weeks.. 9 days in flower so far tho :) 20180818_143017.jpg

5. Really awesome stuff bro. Thanks for sharing.

My big question though is with these one gallon pots I'm transferring the plants to, am I still supposed to water until runoff?

6. Yeah for sure :) but u shouldn't have to water as much tho because bigger pot longer to dry :)

Sent from my LG-M160 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  7. Always feed to 20% runoff. That is what rinses excess salts out of the coco. You will probably only need to feed every other day or so, but again, you need to develop the feel for when they need it. If you have any, a little pea gravel or clean small stone in the bottom of the pot will help with drainage as well as some counter weight if the plants get too big.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I hate solo cups. I would get something bigger. Just me no science to support me.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

9. I just dont buy into starting in solos or small cups. I think plants have sensors that tells them oh shit we have a barrier already stunt stunt stunt.
    My summer journal

• Like Like x 1
  10. Im with you on that one papa. Ive seen that tranplanting does improve growth rates if done properly but theres alwayys a fair risk and a lot of people do get it wrong. Especially with autos.
    Thats why i use rockwools to start in. Zero risk of any problems whatsoever. Much better imo :)

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Do you think I should be worried about the leaf that I attached a picture of in my earlier post?

12. Nah just keep an eye on it let it grow. I've had 10 times worse produce. After u have grown a few u will see. Good routine check ph. Feed once a week. Let pots dry each time

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yah autos can be. Especially if they arent healthy. But autos growing like monsters do fine but I start autos in final pots anyways. Hell I start in 20 gal outside. I.dont get the oh they grow faster or easier to water and feed.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

14. Really nice visuals, and pots in general brother. Thanks for sharing.

Do you recommend charging the 1 Gallon pots I have until runoff before transplanting these plants, or is light soaking it just enough?

15. Small pots are crucial with coco. If we started in big pots like soil growers, the cation exchange capacity gets all screwed up and salt buildup in the excess coco can and will burn young plants. Plus growth is stunted with large pots because it takes too long to fill with roots.

It’s almost exactly reverse of what we are taught with soil. Small pots, feed low ppm multiple times a day. We want them rootbound, that’s when we get the best growth.

I just mixed a batch of my supersoil. Once I finish what I have in coco, I’m diving back into the organics to see if I can create the 3/4 ounce colas I get with coco. Since this will be made into RSO to help my battle against metastatic colon cancer, I want to be as organic as I can.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Oh damn didnt know that s2c. Well in soil I love to break all the norms

17. Damn bro I didn't know u were sick man! Prayers and yes oil and rso all u can digest

18. S2c knows his stuff. So I'm just a soil hillbilly farmer lol

19. I’m gonna be to change my name, lol. Soil2Coco...and back!!!

My supersoil mix has always grown well in veg. Actually it’s not much slower than coco, which amazes me sometimes. The problem I always had was trying to flower organically. I could never get those 3/4 oz, dense buds without using a chemical boost of some sort. I will be adding more bennies throughout the grow, some malted barley and perhaps comfrey teas during flower, and hopefully I can figure it out.

20. I’m up to almost 5/8 gram a dose, three times a day. The morning dose messes me up. But I’m getting pretty tolerant of THC. I barely get high while smoking anymore.

100 grams of dryed flower makes me about 15-20 grams of RSO, and with my current dosage that only lasts about 10-14 days. I’m going to have to pump out some weight to keep up with it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1