My grow electrically safe?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Merkidge69, Oct 31, 2016.

1. I have brought this grow set up, i copied the full specs and descriptions.

I have got the 600W version and a 4 pot DWC system.

Problem is i only have one single socket in the place id like to put the set up listed below + the DWC system.

I gather i cannot run this all off one single socket with a good extension cable with a breaker? Or can i? Can anyone help me solve this issue and direct me on how to set this up safely electrically, in terms of the set up i know how but the electrics i have no knowledge on, id even pay people for advice due to wanting to get my first grow set up safely dont want any fire or heat.

oCo 600w Kit
    In this kit you will get the following item:

Ballast 600w ---- 600w Bulb Dual Spectrum ---- ReflectorTent - 0.8m2Swiftair Inline fan kit - Centrifugal fan, Carbon Filter, Alu Ducting, Clamps Canna CoCo Natural 50 litreCanna A+B 1 LitreFabric Pots 11 litre x 2Yo Yo Hanger (Pair) - Please selectTimer - Please select

Please see below for description on products:
    The 250w Ballast, has been designed for improved quality and high output,
    ✓ Metal Case
    ✓ Fitted with IEC connector cord and UK mains lead
    This produces the full light spectrum with added blue for the propagation and vegging stages. We recommend you replace lamps every 3-6 months to avoid diminishing harvests.
    Lamp size and output
    600 watt - 90,000 Lumens
    Please keep the retail packaging in case you need to return it to us. Bulbs sent without the original packaging are not covered by warrant
    SUPERB VALUE HYDROPONIC TENT
    Quality Hydroponic Grow Room Tents
    95 % reflective hammered silver lining
    Heavy duty zips
    Metal poles (please make sure these a pushed all the way in on the side clip provided)
    5 x 150mm Air holes (2 Left, 2 Right & 1 on Top)
    1 x 80mm hole
    Passive ventilation windows: 2
    (we found the easiest way to put up is fix bottom half first then top part and start from the back)
    PowerPlant Heavy Duty Timer - Please select if needed
    Normal household timers are not built to take the high inductive loads produced by HID ballasts. If used with an HID ballast - the contacts inside the timer that open and close the timed circuit will overheat and weld together - breaking the timer and leaving your grow lights permanently on.
    The PowerPlant Heavy Duty Timer is different. It is designed to take high loads and has no problem dealing with the inductive loads produced by a 600w ballast.
    This means no separate contactor is required and saves you money. It has a 96 switching operations within a 24 hour period (every 15 minues).
    This timer is suitable for timing one 600w HID ballast. It has a robust case design with socket and timer dust/moisture covers.
    This unit is ideal for timing 400w and 600w ballasts. Do not use more than one 600w ballast per timer.
    Fan Kit
    FAN, ALUMINIUM DUCTING, CARBON FILTER, CLAMPS X 3
    Air Flow
    Centrifugal fan - 110 m3/h - comes with stand attached to screw to floor (can not see in picture)
    Carbon Filter Size
    To get the most out of your kit, please follow these few tips:
    Remember, if you reverse-mount your Filter you will lose the benefit of your pre-filter and reduce the life of the carbon.
    Always mount your filter as high as possible. Hot air naturally rises and so will your odours!
    Try not to block too much of the filter with mounting straps or hanging devices. Use the ends of the filter to support, so not to inhibit the surface area of the filter.
    Do Not mount your Filter near to humidifiers. Humid air over 85% may enter the filter rendering the activated carbon ineffective and your filter may NOT neutralise odours!
    Ensure you have an airtight seal around the connection of your filter to ducting or extractor fan.
    On delivery:
    The carbon filter can some times have carbon dust come through to the white outer casing making it blackish or grey this is not a issue and fine to use as long as the carbon f

Today at 1:51 AMEditReport

2. It depends on what else you have running on the ring and how many amps the ring is rated for. But most likely it's fine. You're not even running 1000 watts. A normal electric heater can be 2000-3000 watts by itself . Use a surge protector and you shouldn't have any worries

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ill be running the DWC system with it also, and maybe a random fan.

RDWC 4 pot system

Thanks for reply mate

• Like Like x 2
  4. Yep gold is right your plug is prolly 15-20 amp depending on the ones you have. So if you think of it like this even if you had two plugs right next to each other they are both on the same 20 amp breaker so 10 amp from one 10 amps from the other all you will get before breaker is thrown. Get a surge protector and you will be fine. 600 watt uses like 6 amps you still have 9 amps left. Small fans don't even use an amp usually. Figure how many amps you are using and what amp your breaker is. If it is more than the breaker then run medium duty extension cord from a diff socket that's on a diff breaker. Then you will have another 20amps to play with.
    (Edit)- try to use plugs that already don't have appliances already running on them. Fridge, Ac stuff like that

• Like Like x 1
  5. I have one 30 amp breaker for my entire house, i live in a 1 bedroom apartment, one says socket 30A and the other 30A one says cooker. The rest are 5A and 15A guessing there nothing to do with power

6. So your main breaker is a 30?

7. Yes i have two 30A breakers one says sockets one says cooker

8. If it's to much it will just throw the breaker but I'm sure you will be fine.

• Like Like x 1
  9. So all your sockets are on one breaker and your stove is on the other. So if that's the case you either have 30 amp plugs which I doubt they are very expensive or they split the 30 amp and pulled 15 for one half and 15 for other half. Try to put it on the wall that the fridge is not against. The opposite side.

10. Well my fridge, cooker and tumble drier is in the kitchen, and the grow room is in my bedroom, which is on the other side of the house

11. Gonna be hard for me to say lol but I would go with the wall furthest away or the outside wall not an interior wall.

12. Do you know how many amps your dwc uses

13. Yeah as long as you don't start putting more than two lights on single breaker your normally good....I had to run two new 10-2 wire and two 30 amp breakers to each at the box.... I have 2 1000 watt hps and couple small fans on one the new 30amp breakers then the other new one has 2 600 watt mh with couple fans on it.... Then the breaker that runs the standard plug ins that are in the walls I have the ac and the rest of my fans and my dehumidifier on it....I just was flipping a breaker every now and then so this was solution.... Anyways good luck BUDdy

• Like Like x 1
  14. Its only and airpump and a hx 1500 water pump

15. Like others have stated bro you should have no worries the house won't burn down worst case a breaker will trip and you flip it back and find a diff plug

16. So i can run this whole entire grow system the tent and all feautures and the dwc entire system off a single socket with an extension cable with a surge protector?

17. Most likely yes

18. I'm gonna estimate you will be using around 10-13 amps ur plug can handle 15 amps or more depending on the plug.

• Like Like x 1