my grow box

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by pohsib, Aug 4, 2003.

1. Have you decided if your going to flower 2 clones in the box or go for the 400w idea? What seeds wil you be using? Good luck getting started!

2. what i have thought about doing is doing a basic grow since this will be my first grow - growing two plants from seed using a mix of - 2 parts peatmoss, 2 parts perlite, and 1 part vermiculite with a small amount of hydrated lime. only 9 of the lights ended up working, but they are a perfect fit for the back. that will be 180 watt of fluorescent light (5 warm bulbs and 4 cool bulbs). damn, can't wait to grow. oh, yeah. i am getting some Papaya seeds and maybe some Northern Light seeds from nirvana. if i get both, i will plant one of each. i am going to use peters all purpose 20-20-20 and a miracle grow 15-30-15 for flowering (i got some killer deals on these two at a local freds). i also have some superthrive that i am going to use with every watering. also planning on using distilled water the whole time. would it benefit the water to buy a 10 dollar fish pump to put in the water for a few hours before watering, or would that be more of a waste of time? also, what about using seltzer water for foliar feeding (co2)? thanx for all the help...

pohsib

3. the air pump wont do anything. i've never had papaya, but northern lights is a good investment;)

4. i didnt know that Nirvana breeders even had a website:p

too bad (for me) that its all in euros.

5. they have a conversion to the dollar...try looking for it on that page or the home site...

pohsib

6. yeah, i found it like 10 minutes after i posted that.:D

7. talked to a friend about using his camera this weekend...hope to post pics...i will start a new thread for it...

pohsib

8. airiating the water b4 watering ur plant is a gr8 idea. the fish pump is the best way or if u dont have 1 u can just half fill a bottle with a lid and shake the bottle HARD 4 about 3 mins. the extra ox the roots will get will help the plant a lot.

carbonated water is a cheap and easy way to add a bit of co2 to ur plant. make sure the water is just water tho, some have added things in them that may not b good 4 ur plant. the other way to use it is to just open the bottle (or even crack open a tin of coke or beer) and leave it next to ur plant to go flat. this only works well if u have little or no venting in ur grow space. i used to do it when i had to shut the door on my grow cus i had ppl comming in my house. these days i just dont answer the door!

9. oh yes ya can

i did a scrog in a 4 sq ft box with only one plant. the yeids werest quite as good as using 2 or 4 plants, but it was cool to look at that 3/4" diameter stem:D