my grow box idea

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by wenderskush, Sep 15, 2011.

1. okay so i have my seeds coming in the mail and i have been planning and sketching some ideas out on building my first grow box.. this is going to be a somewhat stealth cfl grow box.. feel free to input what you think and any help would greatly be appreciated.

here is the box i been thinking of.
    [​IMG]

The box is going to be 3x2x3. im going to mainly grow short plants as you can tell by the size of the box. im going to be using 4 cpu fans. 2 on the bottom as the intakes and 2 ontop as you can see where i labeled as exhausts. the lights i will be using are 6500 lumens for veg and 2700 lumens for flowering stage. i will be able to adjust the lights as they will be held by chains. the little section in the box is going to be where i am placing the carbon scrubber. i will be using either a 4'' or 6'' inline duct fan. can be bought on ebay. i am making the filter myself. [/SIZE]

my question: Would i be able to use a car intake filter for the carbon scrubber? i ask this just because i am into cars and have a few new ones sitting around.

well this is how i plan on making my box in the next few days. feel free to leave me some feedback :) :smoke:

2. Looks like a nice box you have going, and you could probably get away with a car intake if you can find a way to get carbon in and keep it held in

3. thanks bro, and yea i thought the same about putting the carbon into the intake somehow. well hopefully i should be done with the box by the end of the week. ill post pics up when im done. thanks again bro

4. bummpp.. has anyone ever tried using a car intake for their grow box??

5. Make sure you clean it really good if its not new but imo its a little unneccesary cuz itll only stop dust

6. Truee. Well thanks for the tip

7. Put the money into a carbon scrubber. The risk of being caught over a smell is a serious matter. If you're going to skimp somewhere, I don't suggest it be on covering up the fact that you are growing marijuana. Jus' sayin' Holmes.

8. I feel you. I mean either way im making one thatll work but where I live always smells like skunk cus they are always running around lol

9. This looks good. If you would like any tips or designs for cabinet/boxes, check my link here.

10. Bummpp. Heres my afghan kush special 5 days old!! :)) [​IMG]

[​IMG]