My grow box idea, give me feedback!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Binary Zombie, May 28, 2009.

1. So here's what I'm thinking of doing:
    (all dimensions are in feet)

I'm going to build a grow box that is 2x2x5. I'm going to cut a hole at the bottom of one side and another hole at the top of the same side. The top will be for exhaust and the bottom will be for fresh air to come in. I'm going to use some of that black mesh, like on a sub-woofer, to cover the bottom hole to prevent excess light from coming in. The top hole will have some venting to an odor control system. The wiring for the lights might not be too hard. I'm planning on buying two times the wood needed just in case of trial and error.

I've read around that I should paint the inside flat white, so I will. My only question is whether I should have this box open from the top or if I should make cabinet doors for the front? If I go with the doors I'll definitely be slapping a lock on it.

Let me know what you guys think.

PS. In my first thread I was told that a general rule of thumb is that I can get about 1 plant per square foot, so I can get a maximum of 4 plants with this.

2. Sounds good dude. I would do doors though, and put a top on it. You could always go with a SoG or a Scrog technique and get a few more plants in there.

Good luck with the grow bro, peace. :smoking:

3. I was leaning towards doors as it is. I still have to figure out how I'm going to work with the lights though. Also... What's SoG and Scorg? :D