My Grandpa is dying

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Oddyball, Oct 31, 2008.

1. Hey my blades,

I've only been here like 3 weeks or so, but this community has really grown on me. So I wanted to vent here. I'm crying right now because my gramps is in the hospital. He fainted yesterday and was rushed to the emergency room. His liver is failing and he has pneumonia. :(

Please pray

2. Dude oddyball, i pray that your grandfather gets better. i feel so bad man, if you need to talk i'm here. he must have had an incredible life and hopefully, i pray to god, he'll be alright man. gramps, hang in there champ

3. Im sorry man, My grandma just died, and it doesn't make you less of a man to cry, its ok man I am praying, if you need to talk shoot me a pm.

4. Sorry, I know this is off-topic, but what's been going on with the old lady you've been fucking?

5. ill pray that your gramps gets better. Were all here if you need to talk anytime.

6. what helped me was thinking that it happens to everyone. he was old enough to be a grandpa so he probably lived a long life where he got to see what became of his children's children :)

yes, still hard but. i dont know thoguht id offer a different perspective. good luck with your situation and i hope your grandpa gets better.

7. Sorry to hear man, these times are really tough... my grandma had phenomia several months back and my dad told me that she probably wasnt gonna be with us much longer and she jus turned 95 btw(and doin pretty well).. well anyways when i visited her in the hospital i was startin to get teary eyed, and while i was leaving i started cryin pretty hard and on my 25min drive home i was jus cryin... cryin is normal bro so jus let it out... my prayers are out for him

8. OddyBall, I've laughed so hard from all the stories you've told, I'm sorry to hear all of this man.
    Let it out, you will feel so much better after you get it out. Seriously, shoot me a PM if you feel like talking.

He will be in my prayers

Eric

9. I understand how you're feeling. we were told my grandfather will most likely die within the next couple of months. he has something wrong with his lungs.
    i'm not going to say "he'll be in my prayers" cuz honestly i don't pray
    but he'll be in my thoughts.

10. Dude this is so fucking inappropriate for this thread it's not even funny. If you wanted to ask him that, go to the relevant thread and ask him.

Tact. Learn it.

To the OP, that sucks about your grandpa. I'm sorry I'm not much for praying but I do hope your grandpa pulls through. It never is easy losing a loved one

11. I'm sorry for what you and your grandpa are going through, op!

I keep telling myself that death is as natural as breathing and that everything that ever lived has died, but that doesn't help much when you've got a loved one going through it. :(

All I can say is tell him you love him and that he's the best freakin' grandpa that ever lived. I think I'd like to hear that sort of stuff as I slipped from this world.

Good luck op. I hope you get a lot more years to spend with your grandpa!!

12. Yeah my mom went into the ICU for 3 weeks that way.

She was a really heavy drinker though that's why here liver was fucked.

Somehow she made it out alright. Her liver works at like 20% now though.

13. Thank you for all of the support my blades.

I seriously have never met a more friendly community in all of my life. This place is the best forum on the internet, and I'm more than proud to be a member. Thanks everyone, thank you. I mean it. :eek:

14. Sorry to hear that. Pneumonia is what took my dad after he started to recover from pancreatic cancer, and there are not many things worse than seeing a family member, or anyone else close to you, go through this when they are already ill. I'm not as religious as I used to be, but I'm puttin' a prayer in for him anyway.

15. Sorry to hear this, ill be thinkin bout both of ya.:(

16. I pray for you and your grandfather I couldnt imagine what pain you and your family is going through to see your grandfather like this I really hope he gets better I pray for his soul and you to god bless and one love.

17. I'll be thinking about you and your gramps. :( My grandma was just in the hospital for pneumonia as well. She has emphysema on top of that. She's so stubborn she checked herself out after a week so she could go home and smoke butts. :mad: I'm seeing her for Thanksgiving though. I hope it's not my last time.

Good luck with everything.

18. man that sucks, im sorry.
    ill smoke a j for him tonight,man

19. my next cone goes to you and your grandpa.

Edit: actually ill smoke one each for both of you so its a win win situation.

20. Thanks bro, but I opened a thread yesterday, he died. :(