My girls

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by natas-420, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Pics from today. Happy 4th of July!

I haven't filled the comfry/weed barrel yet. My feet been bothering me a little, so I haven't done much work last few days. No watering today, (tho should have done the comfry,oh well). Yesterday everyone got a good watering.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sorry, I haven't posted for last few weeks. I've been injured, and was not able to do much of anything. I noticed, that one some plants the buds are turning a little brown. Not sure if it's rot or not. Also found some gnats flying around. Sprayed this morning. Some of the leaves look a little droopy. Any thoughts. Plants are a little close together, when I get better/strength I'll space them out. I freaked out on the brown buds because I thought it was widespread, but I don't think it is. Some plants seem to be doing fine. I might lose some this year, and that's fine. But any thoughts from the pics would be appreciated. I haven't been able to do much, but hopefully I can when I get better. Here are some pics. We have been getting fog that lingers until around 9-11am, so not sure if that's what's causing the brown buds. Seems to be around 1.5 weeks or so into flower.

1.jpeg 2.jpeg 3.jpeg 4.jpeg 5.jpeg 6.jpeg 7.jpeg 8.jpeg 9.jpeg 10.jpeg 11.jpeg 12.jpeg 13.jpeg

3. Nice plants. Gnats make leaves droop like that when the larvae eat your roots. I would let em dry out and top dress some diatomaceous earth. Just my 2cents.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thank you! I'll have to pick some up when I get better. I also have some peroxide, but with 55 gals worth of watering, I would prob. have to throw the whole bottle in, and not sure how effective that would be. Hopefully it will be manageable. Thank you for the tip.

5. You are welcome. Just making sure they are all the way dry before watering will reduce the gnats a lot. I dunno about peroxide for that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Yeah, I think because the foliage is getting so dense, its keeping the area around the pots a lot cooler, than the top of the plants. Sorta making it's own micro weather system. I have them too close together, so I'll need to make a new row and space them out. But, I don't want to kill myself doing it just yet. Been out of commission for about 3.5 weeks now, and can just walk again, so just trying to not do anything too stupid, haha.

But I noticed little ant-looking black flies just hanging out on the leaves, and some down in the buds, and I'm like WTF. So, I'll need to act on it soon for sure cuz that sounds like the problem. I usually water about every other day, but I'll let them go an extra day or 2 like you said before applying any D.E.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I feel your pain. Threw my back out the first week of June this year. Just laid on the floor for a week. Good luck!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Able to walk around now. Sorry for lack of updates. Since being invalid for about 1-1.5 months, I haven't been able to monitor or take care of plants. Unfortunately, some of them got hit fairly hard with mites! Bottom 1/3 of some plants, the leaves with tale-tale signs of spotted discoloration, and little black and white (eggs) on bottom of leafs---fuck! Caught it with a little bit of webbing along the individual leafs here and there, but luckily they <seemed> to have not hit the buds yet.

So, day before yesterday, and yesterday, I sprayed them with soap (with a little left over pyrethrin in bottle before my foot went out), and some nicotine. Then sprayed them with some soapy water next day. This morning, I executed a great idea that came to me last night:

I filled up barrel with water, added bunch of Dawn (not too much) but enough to get a mild soapy/sudy. I then used my pump I usually use for fertilizing, and hooked up one of those multi-spray nozzles. I used the flat setting (shoots out a some-what high velocity flat/wide jet of water. I went to town on the girls, basically giving every limb--every leaf, every bud (but not drown the bud), a soapy-jet handjob and hit <mostly> undersides (and topside) of leafs in hopes to kill those fuckers. After I did that, I gave them all a quick rinse shower to rinse the soap off. Then gave them all a shake. Some of the branches of course pulled down with the weight of the water, etc--no breakage--yay! Staked a couple. And the sun was just starting to peek on them when I finished, so perfect timing. I'll prob do this again in couple days, or with just a sprayer and not a hose nozzle. Hopefully this will keep them at bay. I'll get some pictures later. I'm cold and wet and need to take a shower..lol.

I think they can be salvaged. Yay. Pics to come.

9. I checked out later and took a mite infested leaf and held out into the sun as as it heated up, started to see the little fuckers crawling, so the soap didn't kill them--or killed some.

I waited until next morning, and I hit the undersides (I only have about 3-4oz to spare) of the leafs with some azamax. Used 1 gal water to about 28ml of azamax (2x 12ml + 5ml). I have some left for another application ill do in a couple days. I also have some Dr. Bronner's as well. I haven't cut out the mite infested leafs yet, but I probaly should.

After spraying I took a leaf and held out into the sun, and I def. saw less movement. Maybe 1 or 2 crawling. I think Azamax/neem requires them to eat then it will kill them, I dunno.