My girlfriend's brother is a cop. She just told me he knows I smoke!

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Twist3d, Dec 17, 2012.

1. I've been dating with this girl for almost a year, her brother is a cop, hes an investigator, he goes around the country following and taking pictures of extortionists, stuff like that. (I live in a country where gangs are a HUGE problem, in Central America)

Ok, so now she just called me almost crying that her brother knows I'm a stoner, she doesn't know how, and I'm fucking freaking out, I kinda love her but this is too much for me.

I dont wanna leave her but I think Im going to.
    Fucking help me, what do you guys think?

PD: Is not about the weed only, their family fucking hates me now, she's repeating an assignment and they are blaming me, I'm becoming a problem in her life and I dont want to be a problem.

2. Ohh man! I'm sorry i think you're doomed. :/ Its bullshit that they're blaming her academic performance on you tho.

Hes not going to stand for it.

3. Man don't leave a girl over her family if you actually love her. So what her brother is a cop. And so what if he knows you smoke. Every cop at my University knows good and well I smoke and not shit happens because of it. It isn't illegal to smoke weed, it's illegal to possess it. So long as you aren't slingin there shouldn't be a problem. If nothing else it would be fucked up to break both your hearts over family drama that is out of her control.

4. break up with her and his motive to try to catch you is 5000% higher

5. I know, but wtf do I do man! Her family hates me, first place because I'm not "catholic", they think its my fault that she's repeating an assignment, they know I smoke...

Shes having a hard time and I hate that man, I fucking hate that. :(

6. Help her study, offer to help her parents out with whatever.
    be kind and courteous, their views about you will change eventually after seeing nothing but good coming from you. :p
    also be respectful to her parent, manners are a must :)
    always carry everything for your lady at least while her parents are within eyesight. over time they will be like "shit, maybe he isn't that bad of a person even though he isn't catholic."
    my fiancee parents are catholic
    I went though what you did..
    but not the whole brother being a cop
    but on the other hand
    my cousin is going to school for criminal justice and wants to be an FBI agent.

just don't dump her man, that would really piss her brother off when she calls him crying and complaining to him.
    then you will be in a mess.
    hope that helped :p

Cheers!

7. Sounds like he somehow found out, through her or smelling it on you around him or he might have just guessed, and claims he found out through police work to scare you away.

You say they think you're a negative influence on their daughter, maybe he's lying and scaring you to protect her. The motivation is there.

If she's doing bad, help her prioritize her time better and allow her to get school work done. If you guys are spending too much time together, and in her spare time she's not doing her work, well you can see how it makes you out to look.

There's no reason you couldn't see her regularly and she couldn't still get her studying in.

8. I've never met her family! And she's not doing bad in school, its just one assignment!! We sadly don't spend a lot of time together!

9. If you've never even met her family and you're trippin like this homie, then you have nothing to trip over. Chill out and don't let paranoia get the best of you.

10. grow some balls-jk! go meet her parents and be respectful to them.
    make a good impression by helping her with her school work the first time that you meet with them.

11. Then how can her family hate you.... You never met them. and they hate you because their daughter failed one ASSIGNMENT? lol

Sounds like her parents have some maturing to do, along with their son spouting bullshit. Unless he deals with local vice, he would have no idea you smoke weed, unless he was working as an undercover for some reason.

12. #12 Twist3d, Dec 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2012
    Her parents don't wanna met me even tho I want to.
    And her brother works as an undercover cop as I said before, he's not a regular cop.

Her brother is a cop that works as an undercover to catch criminals.
    He knows I smoke weed.
    Oh yeah, I'm not a criminal... I have nothing to worry about.

13. Idk what to tell you, they're immature.

And I would assume a detective who works with extortion and crime of that nature won't be dealing with kids buying pot lol.

14. Kind of hard to know what to advise, without knowing the brother and how he feels. He may not think anything bad about you, since he's not a narc but a cop who works on real crimes. But if he's against you seeing her sister because of weed, or seems like somebody that you know instictively to avoid, I'd get out of the relationship and wait until I could find something without those headaches.

15. I mean I would ask the gf to give you some appeal to her bro. Ask her to talk to him about this if it really bothers you. Then if you ever get the chance, talk to him man to man and try and tell him that you aren't a criminal, and you'll keep the loud on the down low around him and keep his little sister happy.

If you think that won't work, then just start keeping your eyes peeled and watch your step. :)

16. #16 Twist3d, Dec 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2012
    Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it because I have no idea what to do.

I kinda love her, I don't wanna end the relationship but I'm considering it.

I know man, they are fucking immature.
    And about his brother (the cop) idk what to do, as someone said before, if I finish the relationship he may do something about it.
    But at the same time I don't want to make life harder for her, I know their parents wont accept me because of their religion and I don't wanna live paranoid for the rest of my life.

He doesn't want to met me, not even her parents.

I love her but as I said, I dont wanna live paranoid for the rest of my life, fuck his fucking cop brother.

17. ah, religion. I'd say eject man, you don't need to deal with this stuff, like garrison said.

18. Plant pot on her brother...call the cops, saying that he's gone crooked from the stress of being an undercover cop...
    Problem solved.

19. I don't get it. What's so bad about becoming catholic? It's far easier to please the parents. It'll look like they saved you from eternal damnation, gain their trust (somewhat) and keep the relationship....

You don't even have to change who you are. Just say u are catholic and hit up church once in a while with the chick. But really just fuvking behind around back.... Lol.

Sorry. Didnt mean to take your circumstances lightly. But consider the possibilities!

20. actually its incredibly illegal to be under the influence of cannabis....not in my state but definitely in the majority of the country still. and if a cop wants to be a major asshole he can try to charge you with posession for having the chemical in your blood while under the influence.

OP best of luck i know how hispanic families can be, assuming central american eludes to some sort of hispanic background