My Girlfriend Wants To Get a Tattoo...

Discussion in 'Tattoo, Piercings and Body Art' started by Character Zer0, Jan 30, 2012.

1. The problem is, it's a big fucking tattoo that is going to be on the right side of her chest and is going to be visible every time she wears a bikini/when we have sex. Normally I never really try to control her and tell her things out of my own personal desires, but this is one of those things that has always been a complete turn off of mine. How do you guys think I should play this? Would it be rude of me to tell her how I feel about tattoos on women? I mean, I wouldn't mind if it were small and in a more exposed spot.

Any opinions?

2. I feel you, my girlfriend has a couple tattoos that I think are pretty decent, and I'm pretty negative about most tattoos. But now she's tryin to get more and at this point they're losing their meaning and she's getting them just for the fuck of it instead of the meaningful ones she has now. Idk how to tell her that though exactly because like you said I don't want to control anyone, not my body after all, and she seems pretty set on wanting more...

3. [quote name='"Character Zer0"']The problem is, it's a big fucking tattoo that is going to be on the right side of her chest and is going to be visible every time she wears a bikini/when we have sex. Normally I never really try to control her and tell her things out of my own personal desires, but this is one of those things that has always been a complete turn off of mine. How do you guys think I should play this? Would it be rude of me to tell her how I feel about tattoos on women? I mean, I wouldn't mind if it were small and in a more exposed spot.

Any opinions?[/quote]

You fuckin up bro. Tattoos are sexy as fuck.

4. I agree my man... in the right places that is. This one that she is getting will take up most of her lower chest, and is honoring her dead grandpa. Like I honestly feel like every time we have sex I am going to look at that, envision her grandpa, and lose my boner. That and every time she wears a bikini it's just going to be there, and I love her how she looks exactly as she is right now.

Seems kinda selfish of me seeing as her appointment is tomorrow and I keep encouraging her to get it when deep down inside I know I am going to hate it.

5. [quote name='"Character Zer0"']

I agree my man... in the right places that is. This one that she is getting will take up most of her lower chest, and is honoring her dead grandpa. Like I honestly feel like every time we have sex I am going to look at that, envision her grandpa, and lose my boner. That and every time she wears a bikini it's just going to be there, and I love her how she looks exactly as she is right now.

Seems kinda selfish of me seeing as her appointment is tomorrow and I keep encouraging her to get it when deep down inside I know I am going to hate it.[/quote]

Just be honest with her but don't push her into anything. That makes her see your point of view without feeling like anything is forced and she will consider what you say. But if she is that adamant about it expect her to get it anyway. The literal best thing you can do is be honest (but not forceful) and hope for the best.

6. ive been in this exact situation before. i just told her how i felt about it. eventually we did have to come to an agreement of some sort hjahah
    thtts the way it goes

7. Honestly op.
    Its not really your place imo it is her body.
    Only say something if its going to be meaningless or dumb.

A good artist will size it and place it to enhance that part of her body.

I don't understand how tattoos can be a turn off. I have one fairly large one on my leg. My boyfriend has sleeves and quite a few others. So he wouldn't care unless I got something really stupid. He wouldn't care if I had a lot either(and some guys who have a lot still hate tattoos on women which is SUPER hypocrytical I know a fully covered tattoo artist who won't date a woman with a tattoo lol)

Just make sure she doesn't go cheap, and make sure the artist is good. They will do it in a way that looks nice there. Either way if she wants to do it she will and its her right to.

8. True that man. I admit it is kind of shallow of me, and I understand that. It's her body and I respect that, but it is also my preferences towards an ideal women. She plans on getting a lot more tattoos, and my ideal mate does not include a body full of art. When I look at a girl's body, I want to see the original state it was in. Maybe I just need to grow accustomed to the idea, I don't fucking know.

I love her so I am going to support her, but I can't say I'm looking forward to seeing it.

9. If it is really a big enough deal to you, maybe she's not the right girl for you.

10. You have every right to tell her how you feel.

11. my ex threw a hissy fit when I got mine, even after I asked over and
    over if he was cool with it, to which he always replied yes.

key word: ex.

Im not saying you're shallow for not wanting her to get ink, but it's not like she's going to change into someone else when she has some tattoos. she may get it and decide she doesn't want anymore, who knows.

by all means, if she asks, tell her how you feel, but don't be pissed if/when she gets it done anyways. because if she really wants one and doesn't do it because of you, she'll resent you eventually.

12. Tell her how you feel, that it's a turn off.

If she gets it anyway, break up with her.

Is it so hard?

13. Go ahead and tell her, but don't be rude about it.

14. [quote name='"Cruizer"']Tell her how you feel, that it's a turn off.

If she gets it anyway, break up with her.

Is it so hard?[/quote]

Basically

I love tattoo's on women, i think they are uber sexy if done right. However, i wouldn't really want my lady to have a tatt of her dead grandpa on her titty either

15. Being a person that's almost completely covered in tattoos, I have to say that I'm somewhat of a hypocrite here.

If I'm dating someone, like she's my "girlfriend", then I don't like tattoos. I like to date nice clean looking girls who appear innocent and smell nice all the time.

Now if I'm single and looking for freaks, I find the tattoos to be more appealing. It just makes the girl seem a little dirtier, so it's nice to go out and fuck some dirty looking hos. But you don't wanna go to your mom's house on thanksgiving w/ one of those suicide girl looking types. I don't think my mom would be able to keep a straight face.

16. My girl got a tramp stamp recently and even tho she knows i hate them she was like do u like it?

I said hell no, i would if it was somewhere else. Tramp stamps are nasty i like when a chicks lower back is bare

17. Speak for yourself,my friend.

I'm glad I have a family who wouldn't judge my girl based on tattoos/piercings/haircolor/drug use.

18. Control is an illusion :smoking:

19. don't let her do that.

20. This is the exact reason tattoos are a red flag. Tattoo attract these types of people.

Girls know this.