My girlfriend just told me she would kill herself if I left her.

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by NuclearGuru, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Okay so her and I were talking about stuff and she ended up mentioning that she would probably kill herself if I ever left her. It made me feel special in a strange and weird way but it bothers me. I mean, I love her and I have no intentions of leaving her but I don't know the future. I think she would actually do it too since she has always been emotionally unstable. She used to cut herself a lot before we got together but she stopped because of me. Anyone got any comments or anything?

2. Two different girls I dated both tried to kill themselves w/ my damn gun, while riding in the car, on 2 separate occasions, (i'm licensed and not a felon). Both of them as well, at two different times, unbeknownst to one another, tried to jump from my car while it was moving.

That's when I decided, I'm not dating girls who take prescription drugs.

If you've got those kind of problems, I empathize w/ you, and I hope that you get better, but you can't wreck my day-to-day or hold me emotionally hostage.

It's hard to find a chick who's not crazy, that'll let you take her out and take her on vacations, and buy her nice things and just chill out and enjoy it.

I've been dating the same girl now w/ out incident for over 3 years. Thank god. I really hope she doesn't end up on some prescription drugs.

3. :wave: yeah no

Sorry you have to deal with that OP and Mrgoodsmoke.

4. Yeah, girls used to pull this kind of shit.

Then I started dating chickas who aren't in high-school.

5. Nah man both these chicks were like 23 or 24. They just were stuck in that mentality.

I remember a person pointed out to me once....

There are some people in the world, who live to be 80 years old, and who haven't had a single bit of formal education since they were 17.

Think about it. It can be bad when they're just 23 or 24.

6. I feel you OP.

My current girlfriend and I have basically had that discussion numerous times. Granted, she only said "kill [herself]" like twice, but she has a history of self-harm and being given prescription drugs by shrinks.

Then again, I'm a magnet for the mentally unstable.

7. #7 DV, Aug 12, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
    I've seen this many times before. If a woman pulls that bullshit
    that's just one last desperate attempt to try to keep you. There's
    plenty of girls who say they will and end up just fucking another
    guy. It's kinda how it goes.

She really shouldn't be in a relationship if she thinks/acts like that
    in the first place. I would say get out OP before things get more
    fucked up...or at the least get her help.

Even if you wanted to have a successful relationship with her, it
    wouldn't work out because she's been really obsessive and naive.
    A relationship gets no where with ultimatum and consequences.

Girls like that make me sick.

8. Get her a counselor or a therapist or something. That is in no way healthy. How is a guy supposed to respond to that? Wow.
    Is this the same girl you've been with? What happened to her and the guy that she lied about and claimed was her cousin but really he wasn't and they flirted a lot while they she was away on vacation or whatever? Some shit like that? Geez.

9. Wow. Thats a pretty tough situation your in.
    I just dont understand people when they say things like that. I mean they think its love and month or two after the relationship ends there with someone else.
    This isnt love. Love is like a couple who have been together for years. and always been faithful. :) I guess i have a old style view on it though.

10. QFT +Rep:hello:

11. obsessed very much?(yoda talk)

12. Wow, that is dark.....very dark. Perhaps she just needs to be alittle more mature.

13. #13 Iluvatar, Aug 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2010
    You need to get out while you still can
    Serisously though, I got so sick of that shit in high school
    Out of every one I've ever known with a gf like that (including myself), its never worked

14. It's a sign that the end is near. The last time a girl told me that, a couple of months later she got bored and dumped me for another guy.

Bitches are liars ;)

15. Yeah this is the same girl. We've been dating for a little over 3 years now. We solved all that stuff with that other guy. I believe everything she said and all because of the way she has been acting ever since I told her I wasn't sure if I could be with her anymore. Ever since I said that she has been particularly clingy and it's like she never wants to let me out of her sight. Then she ends up breaking down and crying and saying she would kill herself if I left. She didn't seem to be threatening me with it or anything, she just seemed to be so genuine with it. It wasn't like a "If you leave me I'm going to kill myself and it will be your fault" guilt trip kinda thing. Like I said, it made me feel special in a weird and somewhat horrible way.

I do love her and obviously she loves me more than I ever thought anyone could. I have had no intentions of leaving her since we solved all that stuff with that other guy so I don't really know what she is worrying about. It just surprised me to hear her break down and tell me all this.

16. Dude she said she`ll kill herself if you leave her....Thats wayy fucked up wayy fucked up :wave:

17. let er down easy man. id never commit again if a girl killed herself over me. they usually want to kill me..

18. call her bluff dude:confused_2:

19. Keep us posted OP, potential epic thread has potential.

20. OP must have a legendary cock(no homo). And I wish I had advice for you. :confused: