My girlfriend is very upset with me and i don't know what to do

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by POSTtoker, Dec 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This is pretty long but i'd appreciate the read and comments. i feel pretty bad. Ok let me start this off by saying that i am going to try and be unbiased as possible. ok, here it goes.

Yesterday morning my girlfriend and i were talking about what our plans were going to be for the day. I had a test to take at 9:00 am and she got through with class at noon. after that i have lab at 1:40 and work at 5. SHE decides that we should hang out on campus all day until i get out of lab. that sounded great to me. the day goes on, when i get out of lab she surprises me and tells me that she is going to stay the night with me and drop me off/pick me up from work. this is awesome because we never get to spend the night together anymore and i gotta ride my bike to work (~3mi) and it's a bitch.

she makes it clear that spending the night is up in the air because her roomie might not go out of town (they all are super sayan christians, not my babygirl) thats cool, it's pretty much always the deal, im totally used to it.

well i work quite possibly the worst shift of my life and about 30 mins before i get off she says, "we arent going to be able to hang tonight. i know thats not what you want to hear but natalie's family is up here (thats her roomie and it's like a 4hr drive) and i think i need to hang with them." here is what im thinking "YOU ALREADY KNEW THAT BEFORE YOU DROPPED ME OFF. YOU KNEW THAT DAYS AGO."

well long story short
    I made her feel fucking terrible by not saying what was on my mind. i told her to look at it from my point of view and told her that i just got my feelings hurt; and left it at that. now she wont come over or talk to me and i feel like shit. :( She says that i have mad her feel AWFUL because i didn't say hardly anything and so she thought i was furious.

in my mind it's just like, say what is on my mind and i am 'guilt tripping' her OR do what i did this time (keep my mouth shut) and she feels even worse. She basically ditched me to hang out with them and claimed that the circumstances presented themselves while i was at work; i recently got her to "admit" that this was not the case.

So basically has anyone else ever been in an extremely trivial argument before that just makes both parties feel sad? does anyone know how to make this better? if she wont talk to me before i go into work then thats going to suck dick. the entire 8 hours im just going to feel like shit thinking about her.

It also goes to say that i can only text on my phone or i would call her and that i don't have a car or i would drive over there.

:(

2. From the start, I think you should have just told the truth and said what was on your mind. Because she obviously cared a lot that she hurt your feelings, she thought you were furious. You should have just said, "You already knew they were coming... And such short notice... *blah blah blah whatever else you think you should say*".

Now you're both upset... I would suggest calling her by using a friends phone, payphone, etc. But if you can't, just be straight up with her. Text her telling her you don't want to fight anymore and that you just want to think nicely of her and not be bummed out for 8 hours at work.

I'm pretty sure that's some sound advice :smoke:.

3. Don't let this eat the relationship alive, because once it's gone, it's gone for good.

Have a nice talk with her.

4. i wish i could get my hands on a phone. im just to poor to afford anything but 15 bucks pay as you go unlimited text. i really wish i would have said how i felt. i never thought about it from that perspective Mr. agriculture. she really does care for me. i mean shit we just had our 14 month and thats the longest i have ever been with someone, her too. there is no way that this is going to ruin our relationship. she isn't one of those girls who just can't let it go but for the moment it sucks. i just wanted to have some good wholesome fun with her today and instead i am here playing oblivion and on gc sulking. god im such a bitch. "love is evil. spell it backwards, i'll show ya"

5. Call her from a payphone if you have to. A talk will fix things. Don't let those Super Sayan Christians be the end of your relationship.

6. Thats what sucks dick about a small university town. even if i knew where a pay phone was it would take me minimum 3 mile bike ride to get there and its cold as.... heaven, outside. i would go to work to use a phone, and eat, but i blew off the team meeting this morning and i know they are going to give me a good old fashion talking to about that. I'm going to write her a letter. no fucking lie. im not going to send it to her, just give it to her when things are slightly better. i know it sounds retarded but back in the day my younger sis told me about this little known secret. when things are bad write a letter and pour your heart into it. if you really love them and have been true and sincere that shit will melt their heart. but right now... idk, i think i migh text her and say something simple like,............................................ "we should talk and work things out. texting isn't cutting it." idk, im strung out.

7. Yeah I think texting her asap would be the best thing. The longer you guys don't talk the weirder it gets. And I don't think a letter is really necessary because it'd be best if you guys were talking again faster than that. A letter could be like a week, and any longer and you're being too slow.

8. for sure. i don't mean like mailing it to her. it's more like a long note. like a not you would write a girl back in the day in high school but much more intimate. it just gives you time to sit down and think of all the good in this person, to think of why you are together and truly care about them. she is going to come over before i have to go to work so hopefully all will be good in the world by that time. our relationship is just so effortless that little bumps in the road seem like big ass pot holes.

9. Get on your knees, apologize and tell her you were an unsympathetic asshole.

Honestly, it's not that big a deal. You're both blowing it all out of proportion. Hug it out bitch.

10. lol "hug it out bitch"

for real though there is a lot of truth to that post.
    i think ima close this thread cuz im chilled out now.
    thanks dudes

11. Give it some time man.
    Seems like both of yall need to chill out.

12. ...I feel like I know you. You sound exactly like a guy I know, and he smokes... I bet you ARE him!

but anyways, you sound sorry, don't let the little things mess up your relationship. Of course you were disappointed, but people act irrational in relationships. Just borrow a phone, use the phone in the dorm, I mean, you are at a college, people have to fucking have phones haha find a way to call her. Things will be fine :D

13. I think it's pretty lame that she ditched you for her room mates family...I just don't even get it?I mean if it were HER family then yeah,but her roommates familY?Nah son.

Furthermore she shouldn't give a FUCK about what they think,you should be allowed over there as often as your gf wants you there.Shouldn't even be a question.She should have still told you to come over even though that other girls family was there or went and hung out with you instead.

Just my opinion on the matter.

14. Good luck, hope it all works out for you :smoke:

/thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.