My girlfriend is making me choose smoking or her

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Joshua1313, May 24, 2018.

1. Its pretty bad my friend, and i am being that boy who trudges through it, its not fun at all amd im tired of it, im just afraid of making the wrong decision, but honestly i know its not the wrong one, i guess im just scared to be honest, not to be alone but for my life to be fucked up, i grew up fucked up in a fucked up family, i just dont want it to happen again, also though im eating my own words because basically my kids are growing up just like me

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Tell her you’ll miss her as you fire up a bowl.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. You didn't answer the question about age or which country you live in. I'm going to assume late teens and in the US? Just because there are very few countries I can think that a family will grow weed together with the loving care you seem to have toward the plant.

So she lives with you and your parents? I see two sides to this - on both sides I sense that you have a very loving family since this post makes you seem like a very loving person yourself.

If we see your girl in a positive light, it's clear that you and she (and your family to boot) have a strong enough connection to let her into your home. Have you known her/her family for a long time? Also, like another poster said, certain people grow up in a home where weed is considered the plant of the devil, or at least a drug as destructive as heroine, so that may be the place she's coming from.

If we see your girl in a negative light, she could be manipulative enough to take advantage of you and your caring parents. Maybe your family, as good as your hearts are, can't see the cruelty resting in her soul. Maybe she is trying to manipulate you and would get a sense of high off of completely changing your life and driving you away from your family in favor of her.

That said, only you truly know her, so I suggest you trust your gut on this. Personally, I try to see the positives in people. I think very, very few people are cruel on purpose - I believe most people stick to the values they were brought up with and look to keep themselves, and their loved ones, safe despite all others, and there's nothing inherently wrong with that. Heck, who knows, if you take a break from smoking and lay off giving tips to your family, maybe she'll grow to love you more, and maybe even take an interest in it when she sees it's not addictive or damaging as she might've been brought up to believe.

Best of luck OP! Regardless of your choice, as long as you've thought long and hard about the benefits and consequences of the various choices, I know you'll come to the best answer for you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. You're scared that your life might be fucked up if you divorce her but it sounds like its pretty fucked up now. Think about that for a minute.....I was there bud and hearing about your situation reminds me of all the times I played the same game as you are now. I see it differently now, took getting divorced for me to open my eyes. You can't blame how you grew up, you have to step up and break the cycle or the cycle will continue. If you've tried talking to her and have taken all the possible steps to rectify the situation then there's nothing left but to stand up for yourself and in turn for your kids. You can make a 1000 excuses or you can go look in the mirror and be honest with yourself. Excuses do no good, they only prolong the situation and make it "ok" to be miserable. However you can only do what you are capable of doing. Be miserable and teach your kids to be miserable or break the cycle and be happy, teach your kids to be happy. To tell you the truth I wish I would of took my own advice years before. My oldest son was impacted the most as he saw the situation first hand. He struggles with relationships outside of his few close buddies. He's exactly who i used to be but is slowly coming around....now my youngest son who has only known me to be happy is a social pimp daddy confident in who he is, smiles all day long. Of course had I took my advice years before I never would of met my 2nd son. Regardless the best thing I ever did was stand up for myself and my kids

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Ultimatum over you smoking weed = kick her to the curb. I had a relationship like this before, first 4 years no issues with my smoking, last year started bitching about it but stuck to my guns, now getting married in October to a great girl who blazes as much as I do. Don't settle, find someone who is compatible with you.

6. Divorce may be messy sometimes but it sure as shit beats being miserable for the rest of your life.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I dated a girl like that. Initially she was fine with weed even smoked a few times with me or her friends...then one day she was anti weed for no reason than she didn't want me smoking it...I assume it's because her dad was a total POS and hated me anyway...well needless to say I dit ch ed her and found me a pothead partner and life has been great ever since

Sent from my SM-G955U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Tell her the choice was already done way even she thought bout the question and its obviously MJ who's stayin more seriously I hate controlling b**hes

• Like Like x 1
  9. If she was really your girl she would smoke with you.

I smoke with my husband all the time. We do everything together tho.

~Toni~

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. If that bitch can't work and wants to be a "stay at home mom" kick het to the curb that stuff doesn't exist anymore she just doesn't want to work. My wife said she wanted to be a stay at home mom for pur newborn I told her she has 2 options work or get the fuck out she went back to work lol. My mom raised me and my bro all alone and worked three jobs I just can't have a girl that doesn't work it won't happen

11. And to the op if you don't get that chick out your fucked my friend

12. Just get hella high to the point where your eyes are blood shot red and your persona smells like weed and just clap her cheeks as best as you can and while your beating them cheeks up tell her whose her daddy and smack her in the back of the head and on her forhead then when you done nutt all over her and then tell her your gunna go find someone who loves you and doesnt care about the marijuana

• Like Like x 1
  13. Choose wisely.

14. #34 jerry111165, Jun 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    So what happens when you have 3 kids a couple years apart - like many families do?
    Are you going to pay day care for all 3 kids?

Edit: I’m not sure where you’re getting that stay at home moms don’t exist anymore. You do know how much day care would be for 3 kids monthly right?

J

15. No I have their grandparents watch them for free and if they don't want to they don't see them pretty simple.

16. I have 4 children almost all a year apart. I know how much day care costs but I'm not paying. My mother was a single mother and worked three jobs and forced my grandparents to watch us when needed I learned a lot from them and I expect the same from my mother.

17. But if you don't have other family as an option then day care it is she can still work show those kids some work ethics and show them what a strong woman is.

18. #38 jerry111165, Jun 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    Hi
    forced my grandparents to watch us when needed

Forced them, huh?? Lol

Out of curiosity, how much is day care near you?

“I have their grandparents watch them for free and if they don't want to they don't see them pretty simple.

So either the grandparents watch your kids, or they aren’t allowed to see their grandkids, right?

So with this website here showing the national average cost of day care at $211.00 per week - per child, you’re telling me that you’d pay the $844.00 per week, or $3,376.00 per month for your 4 children if you weren’t able to (force) the children’s grandparents to watch your children to (force) your wife to work just to prove a point?

I guess it would be affordable if you had her working 3 jobs like Mom...

It’s either that or she’s out the door, right?

J

B3D78FE1-7CC3-4741-985E-D6C99D3E0EF6.png

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Tell her you leavin' w mary....

20. Ask her when she's leaving