Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My girlfriend is accepting MMJ, but I don't know if it's a good idea for this one...

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by noahluv, Feb 8, 2011.

1. So my girlfriend asked me tonight if cannabis would help with some nausea she's having right now.
    I said of course it helps with nausea, and was a little excited that she was becoming comfortable with the idea since she's been kind of iffy on the idea just cos of societal pressures and the law.

But I was thinking since she might have a stomach flu or something since her little sister was throwing up at school today, would smoking be good for that?

My reasoning is since vomiting is a reaction to a stomach flu, and vomiting is what gets all the nasty disease out of you,
    would getting rid of the nausea make her not throw up and thus stay sick longer?

I hope this is coming across right...

She was almost ready for bed and tired so I just told her to get some sleep and see how she felt in the morning.

What do you guys think? She doesn't have a cold, just stomach issues, so would cannabis help, or be counterproductive in the long run?

She doesn't have access to edibles, vaporizers, etc...

thanks so much, sorry for the length:eek:

2. Vomiting is not what helps you get better. Idk where you heard that but thats not how viresus work. Your body doenst just "throw them up". It takes time for your body to fight the desies. And I would say that smoking would help with nausea, but she may not feel great while actually 'smoking', just because it may hurt her throat or something.
    And you said that she doesnt have access to edibles...Well, if you have accesse to weed you have access to edibles. Just make it yourself. Assuming you know how to make cookies/brownies, just throw in an extra step or 2 and you have yourself edibles.

3. the aftereffects of her smoking would probably help the nausea, but the actual act of smoking could really upset it, especially if she's never smoked before.

4. but smoking weed will help her out with whatever it may be

99% of doctors agree THC helps build a health immune system and is good for the heart with moderate use.

5. idk, one of those dumb things you hear when you were younger or something you know?

But no she lives at home and I'm in a dorm. no way to get edibles prepared, at least any time soon.

but she has smoked before, she's just always been wary about getting caught.

ok thanks for the feedback. I'll let her know after I see how she feels in the morn...

6. For nausea you want an Indica strain. DO NOT smoke sativa's for nausea.. If you cant get an Indica for sure, dont bother but if you can it will work WONDERS for nausea. MJ high lasts for 2-6 hours...

7. I think I was thinking of it as like how symptoms of any illness is a response to the illness. like even a bee sting swells to stop the spread of poison. Your body temp goes up to kill the virus. you get diarrhea and vomit to expel other nasties.
    Know what I mean?
    Your body is trying to do everything it can to destroy the enemy, assured mutual destruction doesn't seem to bother it...

8. I'm actually not sure what the strain I gave her a few days ago was so idk... I need to establish a connect or else work on medical.

9. definitely do this. it makes me sad that people who can get MMJ don't take advantage when there are so many out there like me who wish they had that chance.

or you could grow your own. but since your living in a dorm, i guess not.

10. Money is a problem. I'd need to get enough to make sure I could go see a physician, but possibly see a regular doctor first to make sure I have my conditions all checked out

Stutter
    Depression
    Weird ankle thing from skating that pops up randomly... usually after skating lol
    insmonia
    ADD(but my old therapist from highschool never referred me to a psych to get tested so I'd have to see...)

and my gf has
    depression
    anxiety attacks
    TMJ

11. Any one of those symptoms is enough to get a medical card. If anyone tries to charge you more than $60 for a recommendation find someone who charges less..

12. alright cos I was on a site that was saying around like $150... won't be going there lol

But yeah do you have medical in ca?
    what steps did you go through?

like I know they say just make sure you have stuff together and go the recommendation place but can you like take me step by step?

and I'd probably have to get tested for add right? unless the other stuff would be enough?

13. Don't worry, it is not a stomach flu. She is just pregnant. :eek: :smoke:

14. Just bring anything you have, you shouldn't have a problem getting it.

15. Nah man I pulled out... sort of.... lol

16. Oh.
    Ok then.
    That means she is just ...sort of... pregnant. lol

17. Do you have a source for this statistic? I think if this were true marijuana would be mandatory not illegal.

18. Lol ahh shit!

19. This may help, very nice read; The entire BioChemical section;

Effects of cannabis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

20. It could help middle aged men grow a full head of hair and extend your life expectancy by 20% and it would still be illegal.