My girlfriend doesn't want me to move.

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by UnknownBrah, May 8, 2013.

1. So here's the deal. In August, both me and my girlfriend will be attending the same university, about an hour away from home. She will be living in a dorm, while me and my two best freinds have signed a lease on a house. We have the oppurtunity to move into the house on August 1st, about two weeks before school starts. My girlfreind threatened me today that if I moved in and left her here, then she would break up with me. She said that I shoudn't want to leave her for two weeks, and that she would break up with me because she "wouldn't know what I was doing." I told her I was excited about moving and would compromise, spending 2 or 3 days up in my house and the rest of the week at home, and I even offered for her to come up and stay everyonce in a while before school starts. She wasn't having it, and said that if I moved up there she wouldn't come see me, and she would "do whatever she wanted just like I'm doing until school starts." I'm in love with this girl, and have been for a while, but I'm tired of the lack of trust and imdependence.

Background:
    We've been dating over a year.
    I've given up associating with any girls for her, because she has jealousy issues, and she still hangs out/texts/snapchats guys all the time.
    She's honestly a little clingy, always wanting to spend time, know where I am, whom I'm with.

Any info on what I should do what appeciated guys!

2. she's gonna be bangin other dudes soon enough. ur in college... duh. live ur life and have fun. don't get hung up on someone who can't practice what she preaches

3. shes so insecure she might be fucking someone else herself

4. Sounds like a bitch

5. dude live your life. your girlfriend is a controlling, immature little girl

6. Hard to give proper advice really since all we know is this little bit of info here.. But I'll try to give my 2 cents anyway.

It kind of sounds to me like she is just hurt. She probably just doesn't know the right way to respond to what she's feeling about you wanting to move (in her mind, maybe you moving = you choosing friends over her). =/ I gotta say, I can relate to the idea of being upset about you wanting to move in with your buddies rather than stay with her (am I understanding this right?). I definitely don't think she's going about it the right way though. Making threats and ultimatums just shows immaturity, and doesn't really solve anything. Either she is a high maintenance bitch who thinks she should be the center of your world, or she is just hurt/upset or feeling a little rejected and lashing out the only way she knows how...

If you really love her she must be a cool girl otherwise. Don't let your relationship slip away over something stupid. Try having a sit-down and really show her that you want to understand why she is upset and that you want to compromise or figure something out that will make you both happy, and try to help her understand why you want to do what you wanna do. In the end you both have to be happy with the arrangement or your relationship will obviously not last.

Everybody's relationships are different, too. My OH and I met when I was 15, became a couple when I was 17, and moved in together right after graduating high school. We still live together now at 25. I would have been devastated if he chose to live with other friends instead of me, and tbh not sure how I would have handled that... It's tough, everyone is different and everyone has different expectations.

7. I speak from experience. If she is too clingy, thibgs won't work out.

8. She doesn't trust you for two weeks on your own? Shit.

9. Dump the broad. Get a new broad

10. Obviously I have no idea, but it REALLY sounds like this.

Every story I hear (on GC, other forums I frequent, from friends, and even personal experience) where the girl is insanely jealous but seems to chat (and particularly webcam and whatnot) with lots of guys IS CHEATING.

It may seem hypocritical, but its really the opposite. She can't trust you cause she knows you can't trust her.

11. Yeah it made me feel weird af when my ex would snapchat and all that other shit with other dudes, its not a sure sign but idk why would she be on the phone with them instead of being with who's in front of her. Idk man I dont like those girls who are all wired up and shit like that. Sounds like ur gf has some internal conflict you should just end it

12. She's trying to manipulate you into doing what she wants. Don't give in.

13. I think she's being a little unreasonable. I mean she's living in the dorm, where does she expect you to live? You can't room with her. Of course you're going to be living somewhere else.

Perhaps try a compromise? Ask her to come live with you guys instead of the dorm.

14. She sounds immature? She doesn't trust you...or is just afraid...either way try to deal with this shit before hand before school starts...get all the bullshit out the way.

15. Dump that bitch.

16. God no, don't do that. :hide:

Anyhow it doesn't sound like her issue is with where he is going to live but the fact that he'll be moving there two weeks earlier than her and she doesn't want him to, so she's trying to manipulate him into staying.

OP, look at the facts here, man.

She's trying to manipulate you over TWO WEEKS. Even if you only stay there for 2-3 days a week, even after you invited her to join you.
    You've given up socializing with other females for her, but she still thinks it's fine for her to socialize with other males.

She's controlling and manipulative as fuck. You should run the hell away. :poke:

17. Been there, done that. Honestly, drop that bitch, there will be plenty of more fun, secure, women who are willing to give it up at the drop of a dime. Host a few house parties.

Trust me, I would know. You can't do well in college if you are constantly being berated, nagged, and stressed out by a woman.

And if you said she can talk to tall the guys she wants, but you can't talk to ANY girls, sounds exactly like my X-GF who ended up cheating on me behind my back, going to parties without my knowledge. etc. etc.

18. Dump her. Move into 2 weeks early, and work on knocking out the "freshman 15."

19. Bitch meet curb

20. Man that takes me back, yeah she's either cheating has a major control issue or both.