My GF wants to live in Texas

Discussion in 'General' started by CannabisCrusade, Apr 29, 2009.

1. This is not a serious issue or relationship, yet, but she has mentioned to me she wants to live in texas eventually. FUCK THAT...we're both from the northeast and it is now my duty to explain to her why Texas sucks. I know some of you will come on here and say i'm being retarded and texas isn't that bad, and im sure its not in some parts. But as a whole, im against most things texas stands for. now i dont have exact facts but some of my notions are that texas is a redneck republican state. they put more people to death than any other state and for less reasons. they have loose gun control laws and more illegal immigrants than most states. it's boiling hot 24/7 and you have to worry about hurricanes. many of these reasons alone are not suffice to not want to ever live there but im sure theres more im just too stoned to think of right now.

post any opinions, comments, or facts to sway or support my opinion on texas, i'm open-minded and capable of looking past most of this if persuaded properly.

oh and the only reason she gave me for wanting to live in texas is because shes a cowboys fan and likes how communities in texas value football (what a fucking joke!) lol

2. Shit man, I wouldn't wanna live there neither.

Well, I dunno. I hear Austin is a pretty legit little town. Any where else? Fuck naw man.

3. Yeah I went to texas once. I didnt like it too much.

4. I heard the people are all extremely friendly (Irving area) and the food is excellent, deep-fried goodness. Sounds good to me haha

5. hahah man ive been living in texas my whole life pretty much and i love it here man. Honestly I don't think there are many other places as cool.

People are VERY polite here compared to the north, and we got really good bud.

but yeah its hot, yeah its republican, and yeah there are lots of illegal immigrants (especially in some towns more than others), but all in all its not bad in the least bit and I love having have grown up here.

6. #6 Diceman, Apr 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2009
    It's not for everyone. No place is.

I doubt you would be happy here

Some towns are large and more urban...others are small and more country.

Some have illegals everywhere...others have old white farmers/hunters everywhere.

It's really just finding the right spot to fit your taste. The only real weather issues I have is the heat and lack of rain for long times.

The rednecks are in the small towns. The larger areas are like most places and people. We don't ride horses to school like in the movies though..

7. I don't know if you'd like Texas but I think you should visit it before going off on a rant based on stereotypes. I love Texas.

8. #8 JustinLovesWeed, Apr 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2009
    I live in Texas and i FUCKING hate it.

If you like smoking marijuana, good luck getting a slap on the wrist if you get caught.

Cops are money hungry assholes. (Actually i'd rather not sound ignorant, cops don't make more money by busting people that i know of but they sure like busting people for some reason.)

I don't know about the hurricane deal but you're pretty right on about everything else.

It's actually pretty ridiculous how backwards Texans values are, in high school i had no real teachers, the school was all about sports to the point where all the teachers were also coaches so they would have more coaches for sports.

A school near me got shut down and went under investigation because they spent millions of dollars on a football stadium when they were ALREADY in debt.

I can't wait to move from here and i hope you don't have to move here.

Just my opinion though, some people really like it.

9. Shit, you wont find me anywhere near Texas.....To be honest, I doubt you'll find me anywhere. :laughing:

10. I lived in north Dallas up until movin out to ATL few years ago.. I love Texas, plan on movin back in the next couple years. It does get a bit hot (doesnt bother me much), but hurricanes in Dallas are not an issue :p

The one thing I miss most about Texas, bud wise, is how easy it is to get big cheap packs of middies. Not bobby brown, good mids.

Don't move to Texas just to move to Texas. There are a lot of different and better places to move to eventually besides TX. If yall do decide too though, check it out first before directly moving out.