My Germination setup.. will it work???

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by the imitator, May 22, 2009.

1. #1 the imitator, May 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2009
    I believe this is my first post so ill tell you a little bit about myself.

VERY first grow!! I am using OG Kush in the form of a seed.

I will be using DWC under a 400W MH and 400W HPS light, so heres my question.

I am germinating only one seed at the moment and here is what I am doing:

The seed is in a small green watering square that has been thoroughly dampened with water.
    The watering square (sorry, forgot real name :smoking:) has been placed in a large coffee mug filled with hydroton and with a water level that is touching the watering square to keep the square moist.

Seed was placed about 1 centimeter into the watering square.

I left this mug-o-plant in a dark cabinet where the temperature is warm but not HOT.

Should this work? when should I expect a sprout, 3-5 days maybe?

P.S

This was done last night, I didnt read the germination thread until this morning, so i have to make do with what i did.

2. I see no harm in what you have done. Make sure it stays moist. I gave up on the whole "special germ" thing and just stick the dam seeds in soil and water them.

you may see them break open as early as 24 hours.

3. AWESOME! Definitely the word i wanted to hear.

Thanks bro.

4. #4 MyNameIsBob, May 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2009
    i think the item you are looking at is rockwool/stonewool.

I would cover it with plastic wrap to retain moisture and humidity.

5. sounds great to me. ive had some seeds germ in under a day, just be on the look out. and if it doesnt germ in a few days, dont worry, ive had others take up to 6 days just to crack

6. ROCKWOOL, thank you!

really? what about oxygen? .... BLAH WHO NEEDS IT! lol

OK that leads me to my next question...

Im going soiless so when the seed cracks what do i do?!! AHHH :eek:

I do have mini net cups i can find the rockwool perfectly into, should i place in it a mini DWC? do i need nutes?

7. Well you can open the plastic wrap every once in a while. ;)

Btw, look at my attachment. That is what i did. You dont need nutes until a week. And i added nutes that is about 400 ppm. which is not the usual strength of the lucas formula. the lucas formula is about 600ppm to 700.

Attached Files:

8. I see...

so heres a couple more questions:

after it sprouts in the rockwool what should I do, leave it in the rock wool and transfer it to my DWC system?

leave it in my current sprout/germination "mug-o-plant"
    If so how long?

9. leave it in your rockwool. and keep it if your mug system until you feel that the roots are about to pop out. Its all up to you now.

Roots are already sprouting from underneath my system and barely touching the water so im ready.