My Future Life (Advice)

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Waterfall_Baker, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Ok I need some advice here.

I have lived under my mom and dad for 18 looonnngg years. And honestly I kind of hate them and they hate me. I wouldnt say hate as much as have no love.

So anyway I live in the ATL. And my whole life I wanted to live in california. So I am planning on heading to humboldt where I will live the rest of my life with two other friends that share the same plan. I really dont want to be anything when im older. So be honest with me.

Does this seem like a reasonable/achievable plan?

Any other advice would be great.

And this is completely serious so please no bs

:smoke:

2. Think about it in the long run. Say you move out to Cali, get settled and shit, and your even able to find a full-time job to pay for your apartment/house, utilities, car insurance, gas, and food. Without a college degree and plan for what you want your profession to be, it'll be a lot harder for you to work your way up the job chain into a management position (or one that pays more then minimum wage). And think how that will impact your weed smoking. If your willing to take a cut in herbage, or start growing (which is what I would do) than theres a real chance that your plan is perfectly achievable. But if you want to fuckin party and blow yay and trip balls and buy bigass subwoofers to bump music from your computer, than you better either be rich already, or start hustling. California is an expensive ass state to live in bro. Best of luck to ya

3. First make sure your friends are going to follow through with their plan. DON'T depend on them and have a back-up plan that involves only yourself. I planned to move into an apartment with my friends this Spring but they all pulled out and decided to live at home and commute to college instead. Thankfully I have a back-up plan.

Second, if you don't want to go to college and just want to make money start studying successful entrepreneurs. Tim Ferriss is a good start. It's going to take a lot of time and self discipline to make money but it will pay off if you stick with it. Its not easy and there is no 'get rich quick' schemes that work.

4. it seems to me the most simple solution is to work shit out with your parents.

5. ^ This. I know from my family that lives out in Oklahoma and our neighbors, who moved to Atlanta btw, that Cali is extremely expensive to live in and moving here from there will not be easy. The state itself is in some pretty big economic trouble, whether people realize it or not, but just take a look at school budget cuts, health plans, etc. My advice is find a place on the east coast with your buddies, or move to Oregon if you really wanna live on the west coast. It's cheaper up there and from what i hear much more 420 friendly than some parts of Cali.

6. Sounds like a good idea to me!

I kind of want to move to California myself. It just seems like an awesome place to be. Plus, you can get medical marijuana. But then again, I'm young like you and there are a lot of places I kinda wanna move to.

I really do think it sounds cool if it feel good for you and feels like it's the right thing to do. It is more expensive to live in California but people also earn more money there. I think the minimum wage is about 9 dollars which is way more than it is here. It may even be more than that.

That being said, you should think about your future a little bit. You don't want to be working in a crappy job for the rest of your life do you? What do you enjoy doing? Also, if it were me, I would feel weird moving somewhere where I have no one but two friends. What if those friends become not your friends, then who will you have? But that's just me I would feel alone and scared. Cali is pretty far away from where you live. And where I live. Well, hope I helped. ;)

7. Minimum wage here is $8.00/ hour, which, after taxes, is still not even enough to live on your own in an apartment, with a phone, car, internet, necessities basically. If you do plan on coming out west, i highly suggest moving with multiple people; it will greatly reduce costs and eventually stress. I can't even afford to move out in my county, one of the most expensive to live in California, so i am back at home til i get a steady job and go back to school in spring.

8. Let me tell you something.....FUCK Cali....naw I'm just kiddin....I was born and raised in Cali for 27 years..and i had a blast...and let me tell you...that its EXPENSIVE as HELL.....OH MY GOD....you want to live in HUMBOLDT COUNTY...yeah you better have some money....The plan sounds daring to go out in a blaze and say "CALIFORNIA OR BUST" .... however you must realize that the financial aspect of it will get hella complicated...thats why I left cali and came to VEGAS baby...

So your best bet would be to...MAKE MOVES ONLY IF YOUR HEARTS ARE IN IT......but i must warn you...Cali is no Joke...from a financial point of view!!!

I can see it now...you and your friends saying to each other "dude I don't know if this was a good idea" Be afraid be very afraid...Humboldt County is home of the STANKY DANKY!!!! but trying to afford to live out there that shit is WH:eek:A!!!!

9. When I lived in California, the cost of living was ridiculous compared to other places. Good luck with that.

10. Well, the way I see it is I'm only going to live til I am 50 due to a heart disease. I want to live it to the fullest so when I reach my late 40's I won't be dissapointed at all. You no? Thanks all for the advice

11. Think about the long term. While now seems like party party party, fun fun fun, you do gotta plan for the future. What if you and your friends have a falling out and desert you? Are you going to have a job above minimum wage? You may not know or want a profession now, but I guarantee you 10 years from now, your going to want a nice steady paying job. What if you get settled down and have kids? Not to deter you, but you have to think about the long one, no matter how good the short run looks.

12. The cost of living in humboldt is tremendos. There was a documentary on it and someone started a thread on it not to long ago. Regular people can no longer afford to live there because all the prices of living are going up due to the fact that people who sell weed can afford to pay it so the landlords jack the prices up.

So if your thinking of moving to humboldt just because the name humboldt brings to mind weed than it is not a good idea. Hope you plan on growing. But even then the start up cost will be high.

Good luck.

13. In my mind, its a bad plan. Think 60 years from now you looking back, are you happy with accepting the fact you moved away from the safety of your home to california with NO PLANS. I don't know you well enough, but lets say you screw up and get put in jail, what then? Think out your life a little better man, and dont be afraid to fix things with your parents. You definitely won't regret it in the long run.

14. Whatever you do is the right choice, remember that.

15. I do realize the cost of living in Humboldt. I have researched alot before just making up this plan. I have had this plan for a year. and i have been planning on going to humboldt state university.

16. dont just move to cali because you want to smoke weed legally. think about the higher cost of living and all other factors first.

17. dude, shut the fuck up and stop being such a little snob.

What, you parents didn't "love you enough"?

Fuck outta here.

• Like Like x 1