My Full Review of the Magic-Flight Launch Box

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by new buddy, Jul 22, 2010.

1. #1 new buddy, Jul 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2010
    When I was considering buying the MFLB, I was looking for all of the reviews, opinions, and general information on the product before I bought it. To make things easier for people who don't know wether or not to buy the MFLB, here's another review that I hope helps you make your decision.
    [​IMG]
    I'm going to steal a "1-10" rating system from a similar thread reviewing the Da Buddha Vaporizer. I hope OP doesn't mind lol.

The product is shipped for free. You get it in about 3-5 days (generally speaking from what I've heard from other inside the U.S.). When you open the box you get a tin case in which are the MFLB and all of the accessories; which include 2 battery caps, 2 batteries, a battery case, 3 rubber bands, a medium wand and a small brush. There is also a velvet bag to hold all of it in, but I never use it.

Note: Although I complain about some things in the rating, the numbers stand true. I'm just adding some criticism that could make the product better.

So here we go:

Value: 8 I would have given this a 10 if it hadn't been for my way of thinking. The vaporizer is a great product, but the only problem I have is with the $100 price tag. The manufacturer raised it from $80, which seems more fair to me as the product most likely doesn't even take $5 to make. I would love to see this product for sale at maybe $65, but it doesn't matter. People will buy it regardless so I see where the manufacturer is coming from.

Ease of Use: 9 They honestly couldn't have made it easier to use if they tried. All you have to do is fill up the "trench" push in a battery and inhale. The only reason I gave it a 9 was the batteries, or lack thereof. They should honestly sell the unit with 4 batteries. They're already making a ridiculous profit, them sending only 2 is greedy in my opinion. But again, batteries are probably the most costly part of the entire unit.

Flavor: 10 This point seems a bit unfair since different people like different flavors/tastes. To be honest, when I used to smoke I couldn't really taste much, if anything at all. When you use the MFLB you don't taste much, but when you exhale OOH MAN that tastes good.

Durability: 9 I'm going to be honest; I have dropped the unit twice and it's fine. The only reason I'm giving it an 9 is simply because it doesn't have a very sturdy "feel" to it. If you were to drop it off of a table for instance, I feel as though it would probably break.

Design: 10 Just look at the product. It speaks for itself. It's about the size of three match boxes stacked up. This provides unmatchable stealth and concealment. You can hold the damn thing in the palm of your hand WHILE hitting it. I've vaped literally right next to someone in a movie theater and they had no clue.

Clean up: 9.5 There really isn't much to clean but the screen. Often times I'll just give a hard blow on the screen and it will be clean, but if not you just use the included brush.

Accessories/Add-on's: 3 There's nothing really to add onto it at all besides maybe some different wands and a whip. I would love to see some sort of bag attachment where you would blow through the air intake and be able to fill a bag with vapor. The only reason I didn't give it a 1 is because supposedly Magic-Fight is coming out with an A/C adapter to fix the battery problem, but thats supposed to cost $60-$80 :)eek:, :mad:)

The High: 9 I'll try to explain the high or difference in highs as best I can. I own a magic flight launch box and the high I get from it is similar to smoking. it's nothing like a completely different drug or anything it's the same thing, but your thoughts are as they would be normally, you don't get the munchies AS much IMO, but it's still there. If you've ever smoked a sativa strain it's very, very similar. It's not a big deal, really. I vaped with my cousin 3 days ago and it was his first time vaping and he didn't even realize a different high he just said "holy shit vaporizers get you stoned as fuck"

Overall: 9.5 I love the thing.

When you use it if you want to get good rips pull VERY slow. Slower than you would ever hit a pipe

2. I wouldn't complain about the pricing. The MF team has done a huge amount of research to make the box what it is, a very specialized, compact, easy-to-use, stealthy vaporizer. Honestly I would have been fine dropping $200 on the thing if it had a nicer wood polish or something. (It doesn't look like an expensive device)

3. That is true. I didn't think about all of the research. When i wrote it I was more focused on the build of the product. But no way in hell would I drop $200 on the thing when I can get a DBV for $180.

4. I was planning to get one of these soon. I think I might get it as an early birthday present for myself. How long did it take it to ship?

5. #5 lwien, Jul 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2010
    It's not just the research, but the warranty. There is an associated cost to providing a full lifetime REPLACEMENT warranty that is also transferable. NO other vape manufacturer offers this.

Btw, regarding research, I know of no other company that provides scope graphs on their product.
    Check out post #3887 and 3903 in the following thread: http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=909

Nice review though.

6. 100% worth 100 bucks...i need to get one of these

7. nice review, i need to get one of my own up here!! I love my Launch Box

8. thats true i didn't think of the warranty when I wrote the review. My mistake.

9. Nice review! I love my Launchbox as well! Best thing i ever bought! It´s just insane!!

10. thanks for taking the time to review. I'm with you, I totally love the thing. Great design, works flawlessly, and compact as hell.

11. I heard many people telling me if i get a MLFB i should buy extra batteries and a 15 minute charger. Can i buy the charger and batteries anywhere or is it only through the manufacturer? Also if anyone bought the 15 minute charger and/or extra batteries, how much did they run you?

12. The product is shipped for free. You get it in about 3-5 days (generally speaking from what I've heard from other inside the U.S.).

This really helped me out on my decision to buy one for college. I think its the perfect toking tool for a college student as its everything you want. Quiet, not smelly, and little. Thanks for the review!:wave:

13. I heard from Iwien that the 15-minute charger decreases battery life, but don't quote me on that.

I'm actually using my MFLB as I type this and I just love how the high creeps up into your head. it's not like smoking where you feel it right away. I'd say there's about a minute and a half delay then you can feel it start creeping.

Also, for some reason I cough more often when I use the MFLB. It's probably because of my asthma, because the hits are SO much smoother than smoke (this is directed towards those who've never used a vape before).

14. Just be careful not to combust or vaporize too hot.

Using a fast charged will decrease the overall life of your batteries. A 2 hour charger would probably be ideal. I actually use a 15 minute charger and I know I'll have to replace my batteries eventually though.

15. Could be that, but it could also be that you vaping in the upper vape temp ranges. Try taking the battery out sooner and see if that helps.

16. I was thinking about getting one of these. When they shipped it, did it come as like a normal package? what did it say on the return address. I am wondering for discreetness.

17. It said BlissSvile I'm pretty sure. It wasn't anything like "VAPORIZER" labelled on the box.

worried about parents finding it? just find it before they do or ask your mail carrier (if he's a cool guy like mine) to give it to you and not your parents.

18. Yes :p Kinda depends who it arrives by. Our mail carrier is so impersonal, drive around, drop off mail in box, thats it. Who delivered yours?

19. Those graphs pushed me over the edge to get one of these ASAP. Very interesting about the lack of thermal runaway, didn't expect that at all to be honest.

You can tell by the demeanor in that thread from the manufacturer that they're trying to do things right, and definitely know what they're talking about vape-wise.

Very helpful with any problems, ready to admit any weaknesses the product actually has, lifetime warranty, and presentation of graphs/research.

Haven't even bought it yet and i already like these guys.

20. Actually, just inhaling a touch faster will decrease the temp.
    You are your own temp control, with the MFLB.