My Fucking Stepdad

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by myownsummer, Jun 3, 2009.

1. *Disclaimer: this is a boring story*

I'm sure most of you know it's the summer and I've been out of college for a few weeks now. Every summer I move back into my parent's house (well my mom and my stepdad, my real dad lives in an adjacent city). Since I'm 20, I'm supposed to get a job and pay for my car and have money to fuck around with so I don't have to bum off my parents. Well I haven't been bumming off my parents at all, I've had at least $50 on me at all times since I sold my books back. I'm still looking for a job (shit in my life has gotten really complicated so I put off job applications for more important things) and this really pisses off my stepdad. I'm not going to get specific with my relationship with my stepdad, but to make things simple he's really easy to get along with, but for some reason he likes to fly off the handle at me. I'm not the type of person to start shit, or even fight back, but when someone pisses me off I'm not gonna let it slide. A couple friends and I were going fishing and needed some chairs so I asked my stepdad, who was doing some lawn work and was already a little pissed off because he automatically thinks I'm gonna offer to help him and everything is gonna be just ducky, well I pull up to my house with my buds and ask him for the chairs, well he gets them then comes back and starts asking me where I applied for that day, so I was honest and told him one, and that my friend and I were gonna look for paper routes so that we can get an easy job and hang out together all summer. So he's being a jerk and I tell him straight up "You don't have to be an asshole about it." Asshole is apparently the magic word that turns my stepdad into a walking timebomb. My mom is minding her own business walking our dog while I exchange words as calm as possible with my stepdad, with my best friends right there. The last thing he was able to say to me was that if I didn't have a job by the end of the month then my insurance on my car won't be paid, which doesn't bother me any, if he really does stick to his words then I'll be driving without insurance, I don't give a fuck.

I haven't been so pissed off in a long time. I keep a pocketknife on my keychain, the blade is only like an inch long, but I was already putting it to his neck in my head. I like to embarrass and humiliate people so I left him to the yard and didn't raise my voice or anything and drove off to go fishing, knowing that a nice blunt was about to be coming my way, if that was not the case then I would've been throwing hands, no joke. So now I have to play it off like it didn't bother me, but it really got to me, like more than it should. I'm the kind of person that forgets before they forgive, so there will be no apologies, there won't even be anymore eye contact between the two of us. I already live with crippling anxiety, so a confrontation like this pushes me to the edge. I've already had one seizure from anxiety, I don't need this resting on my shoulders, not now at least.

So now I'm sitting here typing this so that I can get it off my shoulders. I've never been good at dealing with stress, which is why I just downed a bottle of dex and have a few bowls ready to be smoked. I'm bad at letting things like this get to me. One day I'll be living my dream, so my whole life is about shoving it back in their fucking face, and one day I will, and I won't be taking shit from no one, especially not from a short, fat, balding asshole. How dare he treat me like that? He's not my fucking dad, I'll get my real dad and we'll kick the shit out of him together.

Sorry for the ranting, I just needed to get that off of my chest.

2. shit son your pappy told you to get a job @ 20 yrs old you should sue the cunt.

3. lol good read!! so many of us have this problem.... my mother and her husband have been together since i was 5. i am 23 and i feel bad when i say it but i hate this mother fucker. i have been working since i was 15 and on my own since the day i turned 18..never ask for shit..and he still acts like an asshole ALL THE TIME. i truly believe he is jealous of the very very small time my mother spends with me. hes like some big spoiled kid that doesnt want to share his wife...hes crazy. i have forgotten (never forgive) to many things he has done to count and decided one day after an argument i would not pay him attention anymore. it has been almost a year since i so much as make eye contact with him. it works better for me..i think im a positive person and i just want to make it in life and want him to know he contributed absolutly nothing to my success!!!!.......... ill go on the psycho end and say he should be glad to be alive..i stayed up many nights wanting to cut his throat as he slept since i was a kid living in thier home (not that i really would). that should explain how much i hate him...no need to go further.........that was my rant!

4. wow man i feel yah hope things work out

5. the stepdad thing suck bro, its horrible that nobody stays married anymore.

6. sucks for you man but honestly just get the fuck over it. hes married to your mom he pays half the bills at your house and if you are living under his roof he has the right to be concerned about you and your job. get this shit. im 18 year old high school dropout trying to get my ged and a job. im in atlanta over 500 000 people just got laid off in my area so finding a job is fucking shitty... anyways my moms boyfriend is an alcoholic(i really dont give a shit its his life he can fuck it up however he wants but hes a mean drunk and just plain out fucking stupid). my mom is across the country taking care of my grandma so he decides to call her every 5 minutes telling her what me my sister and my brother and law are up to(they live here to my sister is 26 and is staying with us to get some money saved to get her own place). so he is bugging me all day about mowing the grass and he started to get nasty with me(hes shitfaced by this point) so i say alright im going to do it now just calm down for a second(wasnt being disrespectful in any way) so he starts going off about my attitude and how he has the same "i dont give a fuck attitude" so i dont respond and walk past him. he yells out "well fuck you then" so i turn around and say "excuse me?" so he gets in my face and starts talkin shit bout how he could beat my ass into the floor if he wanted, so this other lady that lives with us starts yellin at us telling me to just go outside and calm down i dont need to go to jail tongiht, so i do so and walk down to my basement. my sister and brother in law are down there and i tell them that we need to leave he is pissing me off and i dont want to go to jail, right after i said this he barges in the dooryelling at me saying "talk to your mom you fuckin prick" which was repeated 5 or 6 times. so im trying to talk to my mom and hes stil talkin shit to me and i start yelling at him sayin get the fuck out of here and he keeps talking shit so i slammed the door in his face(hes so drunk he falls right on his ass) he comes back in continuing to start shit with me while my sister is telling him to just get out before he does something stupid and gets himself an expensive ride to the hospital. so he finally leaves i call my mom back to tell her what is going on and she starts yelling at me telling me to pack my shit and leave by wednesday(today but this was last week). ive called her every day asking if she really means what she says and this morning she said if im not out when she gets back shes calling the cops on me... the best part yet is as soon as this motherfucker gets me and my sister kicked out he decides he wants to leave my mom... packs his shit and leaves... im still kicked out i gotta be out before 8 tonight and i literally have nowhere to go im planning on staying in an abandoned house for a week and a half til my sister gets this house shes been looking at.

7. I personally can't stand my step-father, I've never liked him, and he's been married to my mom for two decades. BUT, the thing is that you have to try to get along with each other for your Mom's sake. You can't make her choose, and it's not fair to expect her to do so.

Bascially, sack up son. You'll get along better if you just suck it up and be a man. Humiliating others for your own enjoyment is extremely juvenile, if you want to be an adult, start acting like one.