My friendships are based around weed

Discussion in 'General' started by Kyhole, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Sorry if this is in the wrong forum I wasn't sure where to put it. But lately I have come to a realization that a few of my friendships are based around weed. If none of us has weed, we don't hang out and if we do, it's incredibly boring and we just sit there. I try to think of ways we could go do something fun but the first step is always to get weed. We will sit for hours and just smoke and call that hanging out. But that's really all we do. So I just don't know if I should find new friends or what because I don't like the way it's going right now and I don't even feel like they are my real friends. We used to have fun without smoking but now it's just become such an automatic thing, it's all we do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. i think this happens with anyone. and not just weed. you go through life your friends change, your interests change.. it's just natural.

i don't think you should spend any effort in finding "new friends" ... that happens naturally. find some hobbies for yourself, maybe you're into sports or car racing... i'm sure there are people around who share the same interests ..

don't think about subtracting, think about adding.

• Like Like x 6
  3. I started subtracting friends and now im friendless.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. I totally feel you because I'm undergoing the same thing. I've been hanging out with my friends since elementary school, and we always say that we could never have imagined that we'll be smoking together, but over some time now, the only time when my "friends" hit me up is when they either want to smoke weed or pickup weed. It's a very upsetting feeling, you feel like ur the "weed guy" and doesn't really belong into any friend group. I'm still working on it, and I want to move to a new city and start my relationship circle again. But don't neglect any of the friends you have now, you just also need to find "other friends" like your "friends" are already doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. I'm in the same boat I've been friends with these guys since 6th grade but I feel like I'm not getting anything out of the relationships with them. And I feel like they only hit me up when they have weed or are planning on getting some. Other than that, we don't do anything together and it doesn't even really feel like a friendship.

6. Have you guys tried talking?
    Discuss what everyone likes to do when you're not hanging around toking. I'll bet there are some things in common or that others may be interested in trying things that you like to do.

There is no reason that some activities couldn't be combined with smoke seshes, or that fun couldn't be had during activities without smoking.

:smoke:

• Like Like x 4
  7. I agree with ICGreen. Talk to one another ya mooks. <3 I'm sure you will find something in common and the bond will become strong once more.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Socialize? I know the world can be a scary place but people on the whole can be quite entertaining when you spend time looking for fun instead of reasons to cry.

Motion and movement are generally two major components of this 'fun'

• Like Like x 2
  9. Thank you everyone for the advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  10. Three friends too many is my logic.:coolalt:

11. As you grow older you kinda start to wonder whether friendship is all about whose flaws you can tolerate the most so you can hang out with them just so you don't have to embrace the vacuum of loneliness.

You start to realize people are either down-right evil, exploitative .. or boring, at best.

.. as opposed to when you were a kid when everybody just got together and messed around and giggled together because .. well, that's what felt natural?

• Agree Agree x 1