My friend's kid got a med card?

Discussion in 'General' started by SFMtx123, Apr 6, 2012.

1. So my friend's kid (16) got a medi card?
    The hell? I thought you had to be 18 to get one?
    I guess the kid qualifies because the poor guy has bi polar depression, PTSD, and migraines

The WTF part of that aside, every med shop I've been to doesn't allow anyone under 18 inside, so do you think since I have a med card too, go in with his dad and buy for him? I wanna help the poor kid get some of his green :smoke:

2. They will let him purchase If he is legal and underage. The clubs make an exception always. I used to be an underage medical card holder, so I would know.

3. Okay, thanks man. I guess I'll show him around when he gets his card in the mail and ask him what he's lookin for. If I was 16 I'd probably buy the crappy edibles that look like sour patch kids haha.

4. My friend was 13 or 14 when he got his. As long as you have parental permission your solid.

5. [quote name='"Stetsen"']They will let him purchase If he is legal and underage. The clubs make an exception always. I used to be an underage medical card holder, so I would know.[/quote]

Wrong. You can assign a caregiver.. I.e your mom to pick up your meds for you.

But your not allowed in. Period.

6. I guess I'll do more research about the med shops in the area and give them a call and see what they can do for him. I guess I'll go in with his dad and tell his dad what to get him since he doesn't smoke. Thanks guys

7. [quote name='"SFMtx123"']I guess I'll do more research about the med shops in the area and give them a call and see what they can do for him. I guess I'll go in with his dad and tell his dad what to get him since he doesn't smoke. Thanks guys[/quote]

Yeah that's what my friends mom did.

She'd go in a pick up for him.

Then he come home like a badass and start talkin bout how badass the club was..

And then I'd talk to his mom and he didn't even go in XD

8. [quote name='"RememberTheName"']

Yeah that's what my friends mom did.

She'd go in a pick up for him.

Then he come home like a badass and start talkin bout how badass the club was..

And then I'd talk to his mom and he didn't even go in XD[/quote]

Haha, imma make sure this kid is real. He's like a son to me, his dad works all day and I work from home and I live in his guest house. He's a cool kid, I hope he doesn't turn into somethin like that "hey guys! Im so badass I get medical weed!" It's like Naw. I'm damn high right now haha sorry this doesn't make sense

9. [quote name='"SFMtx123"']

Haha, imma make sure this kid is real. He's like a son to me, his dad works all day and I work from home and I live in his guest house. He's a cool kid, I hope he doesn't turn into somethin like that "hey guys! Im so badass I get medical weed!" It's like Naw. I'm damn high right now haha sorry this doesn't make sense[/quote]

Haha yeah. The kid wasn't annoying or anything that was the only thing he had a superiority complex with.

10. Man, I just can't wait to pick him up a nice bong from the shop with some White Widow and play counter strike with him :D

11. [quote name='"SFMtx123"']Man, I just can't wait to pick him up a nice bong from the shop with some White Widow and play counter strike with him :D[/quote]

Counter strike! Fuxk yeah

12. Ive seen a 16yr old with a parent last year who had a medi card at a lhs. The parent pulled out his medi card and told they employe they were looking fora vapo for the kids disorder. Cant remember what he had, but I thought it was good to see a parent willing to help the kid out and not make him into a pill popper.

13. [quote name='"Mikey Boo"'] ...but I thought it was good to see a parent willing to help the kid out and not make him into a pill popper.[/quote]

That's what my parents did when I was 15, they gave me anti depressants. Messed up my life permanently.

14. Parents have to sign a release form along with the normal paper work for their kids receiving medical marijuana cards. I'm not to sure if it's with all the states but that's whats required in Nevada even though are medical marijuana laws are a complete joke anyway.

15. Just watch this episode of american weed and their was a 16 y/o kid with a med card and him and his dad walked into to pick up his medicine

16. [quote name='"RememberTheName"']

Wrong. You can assign a caregiver.. I.e your mom to pick up your meds for you.

But your not allowed in. Period.[/quote]

Well that is the actual law, BUT none of the shops even know the rules regarding under 18, so It has never EVER been an issue.