Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My Friend's First Time

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by lilish4, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Sup Blades. Im chilling with a couple of friends this weekend and one of them has never smoked before. Im getting a cut of some purple Friday and I was wondering how I could make sure he gets highn I know people dont get high their first time but you guys got any tricks? Thanks in advance!

2. Idk if that's always the case. I think one of the biggest issues is that newbies don't know how to hit a joint or glass. Whatever you're using just make sure they are well coached on inhaling, carb-usage, etc.

If you have good stuff they'll probably just get stoned through contact anyway.

3. Yeah, pretty much just make sure they fully inhale and maybe hold it in a little. And really, just make sure they are comfortable so they don't get paranoid. I had a great first time, but I know other people get spazzed out.

4. Honestly, it's simple inhale..... & like foks0904 said. Make sure you know the person knows how to use the utensil you're smoking with..

& if you have good weed the person should get high. I know the first time I smoked I got stoned...

5. thanks bro. Im thinking bout rolling a couple js but id rather use my bowl. But I know the first time I used a bowl I was having trouble lol

6. Well if you don't use a pipe you should still show him how to use one, it's better to learn from a friend. Also, make sure he doesn't go over board or he may not want to try it again :)

7. Also true. The first time I used a spoon bowl rather than rolling, I had no idea how to use it haha. My friend lit it for me and I took 2 small-ish hits and was unbelievably high.

8. the biggest problem imo is that peopple dont inhale... my friends use 2 b like: "dude just inhale, like this" and they would smoke and i would b like o_O

I like to explain inhaling like this

hold the join with your lips (if you want use your hand or what ever) then suck the smoke in your mouth (sort of like a kiss) then once you got some smoke in your mouth, just breave in normally letting the smoke fill your lungs.

9. Just reassure him cannabis is a mild psychedelic, theres nothing to worry about. Its incredibly safe, and he wont experience a "trip" like full blown hallucinations or anything. Be responsible about the trip, if he seems like hes getting anxious be very positive and say something to take his mind of the anxiety, like "hey man why don't you come over here and check this out?" Or "lets go outside and get some air quick," just something to get his mind off any possible negativity. Of course have some munchies and drinks available also.

10. Just go by your own senses of smoking. If you are high, then he is probably sky high. Teach him how to properly use a pipe, or whatever you are smoking out of, so he will know how to on his own. Just use your gut instincts to determine if he is high.

Usually with my circle of friends, we let the newbie have first hit. They get the best hit, they cough, and then they are high after just that.

11. Man I definitely ripped it the first time no way I fucked up and I didn't get high.

12. Really just teach him to inhale all the way deep into his lungs, I find that if I save a little breath after a hit to breathe in fresh air I never have to cough and Im always 100% that I inhaled all of it.

That's basically how I thought my girl to inhale for the first time.

13. Just show them how to rip a bong, tell them the mechanics of a bong how all the elements come together etc.
    my first bong my mate taught me really well so I was fucked haha, GL though!

Suuutuutututuuu~

14. Make him smoke a good amount and let him know that he is supposed to hold it for a couple secs. Not more because he'll just put stress on his lungs.

Tell him to take good hits. Show him how to do it. If there's a bong use it - because you always see how much goes in.

Voila! High as a kite

*** my first time was a waste because I smoked when I was back in Europe and they mixed it with tobacco (F*ckin Gross). Just a spliff and that shared with like 5 people so... yeah... nothing

15. Teach him how to smoke right. If he's not coughing, and he doesn't already smoke cigs, he's doing something wrong. Teach him to inhale fresh air after, hold it in, stuff like that. Some of the basic things that you don't even think about anymore, beginners forget to do. And watch him every hit, make sure he does it right every single times

16. [quote name='"CasualSmoker024"']Teach him how to smoke right. If he's not coughing, and he doesn't already smoke cigs, he's doing something wrong. Teach him to inhale fresh air after, hold it in, stuff like that. Some of the basic things that you don't even think about anymore, beginners forget to do. And watch him every hit, make sure he does it right every single times[/quote]

I beg to differ cough to get off

17. My first time was actually with edibles and I got fucking baked lol, but the first time I smoked it was a 1g mids joint and I barely felt anything at all if not only the placebo effect. But literally the very next day I smoked the same amount and then I got fucked up, so I think there is some truth to not getting high the first time other than breathing correctly. But I guess it's different for different people.

18. Cough every time you're saying? I agree that that means you're taking monster hits, but really, it's the most unpleasant way to smoke