my friends first grow, what has happened?

Discussion in 'General' started by Steveothenoob, Jan 29, 2007.

1. my friend gave me a few of his budds to try out and i said i would also take a few photos to see if anyone can help him with his next grow, it seems very leafy and hasnt really budded well, he is unsure the exact time he has let it flower for, i think that may be the problem either that or he hasnt dried it properly, it is a very good smoke though, infact i had one pipe earlier to give it a little try and there wasnt much effect, 30 mins later I was steaming lol, it creaps up on you, kind of like a spacecake affect but does anyone know why it has budded unsual? the weed is apparently called jack herer. thanks

also it doesnt really smell like weed should, has a damp smell as if you have just mawn the lawn

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. what was the lighting, also looks premature, buds arent fattened up. looks like it has some ok genes, or atleast i think, becouse i CAN see mass chrystal production, tell him to clip better, and make sure its mostly BUD mass, not leaf mass.

3. yea it does look premature now that you say it, it smells like its been cut too early, and yeah he needs to learn how to cut there, but like i say aslong as it gets you stonned i guess hes done alright, i think he used 3 small cfls'

4. yea man, check out the growing boards, you'll have so much info for your buddy that you may end up showin him up...

5. IF it smells like a mowed lawn, perhaps he didn't cure it properly. I dont know much about it, but like the person above me said check out the growing section. Lots of info there.

6. Looks like some pretty decent herb to me, your buddy just needs to learn to trim the buds better.