Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My friends are brainwashed, and I need HELP!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by DeZurich, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Ok, some i am 20 and was at a party last night. Everyone was buzzed or drunk by now. I was buzzed. My friend told my he brought a joint. So we went out side and 3 of us smoked 1 joint.:smoke: This was the first time ive smoked anything. I only had 3 puffs or so because there was only 1 joint for 3 people. I felt it right away but i dont think i was high. So for the rest of the night everyone was telling me stuff like, ooooo its so bad for you, your going to get addicted, you will fail at school, blah blah blah. This totally killed the party for me.:( And to top it off everyone was smoking cigs like a chimney the entire night. And when id talk to people and ask if they tried weed b4 they always say "ya" and change the subject. Im 100% sure that none of my friends at the party have every tried. So what do i do. It really kills the mood when ever i think about it. I know they just care about me, but im not hurting myself or any1 else and im still the same person no matter what. Its like they look at me differently now and i hate that feeling.:mad:Please help.

2. I manage a restaurant and I smoke weed.

I don't think that qualifies as being a loser now does it?

Oh yeah, we can ALL blame DARE for shoving crap down kids' throats.

3. Tell your friends that drinking kills more braincells than marijuana. And, marijuana hasn't killed one person, yet people die from alcohol abuse everyday. The herb is better than the sauce, believe me on that one.

4. first off, welcome to the world of cannabis!!

sounds like they're just uneducated... it's tough but you cant let them bring you down. cannabis is NOT bad for you, its not addictive, you will not fail at school... it sucks when people close to you can be so short sighted, but it's something we all have to deal with.

the weed high isnt super crazy/insane, so you probably were high off the joint.

you could either try to teach them the truth about cannabis, or just ignore them. if people are smoking cigarettes at the same time they condemn cannabis... then they're clearly confused. even though they're your "friends," that doesn't mean they know whats best for you. the statistics speak for themselves. 400,000 people die EVERY YEAR in this country alone from tobacco. Zero people have died from cannabis in the HISTORY of the WORLD.

stay strong, and never abandon the truth.

5. another important thing to note is... cannabis DOESNT kill brain cells AT ALL.

btw if any of the people that judge you/make you feel uncomfortable are actually your close friends, you should try to show them the documentary called The Union. if they have any shred critical thinking capabilities, it will destroy any doubts they have about cannabis.

6. The problem is that weed has the age old stigma of being a "Drug".
    If your friends look down at you for doing what you do, they're no friends of yours, I can promise you that.

7. If you truly like the herb, I'd say stop associating with close-minded robots.
    If you keep smoking but hang with anti-weed people it'll most likely make it less enjoyable.

Dude I don't know what kinda parties your at but the ones here, theres usually a dedicated smoke room with at least 10+ people the whole night haha. Once I'm drunk I want bud more then ever, and when I hit it, the fun begins:D.

8. If you none of your friends smoke, than let smoking be a private thing. Like at night while you listen to music smoke a bowl. Do you know what I am saying? :smoke:

9. If your friends bring it up again or you still feel like they are judging you for it, just say hey- you know how many people die from alcohol a year? about 75,000 And you know how many people die from big tobacco products a year? About 438,000
    You know how many people die from marijuana use a year?
    About 0

Then hopefully they'll shut up.

10. Ignorant people will be ignorant.

I smoke a few bowls and head over to my non-smoker friend's house and laugh at all the stupid shit they tell me once they find out I'm high.

Once, he told me "Smoking 1 joint is the equivalent of smoking 7 cigarettes!"

Needless to say, I ROFL'd for about an hour.

11. astronauts, presidents, CEO's of Fortune 500 companies, pilots, and structural engineers smoke bud (some of them at least) not too mention countless other people who went to grad school and such

fyi everyone you must've talked to is beyond dumb because bud is exponentially less harmful than alcohol, kinda ironic

12. #12 spillx, Nov 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2010
    i smoke pot, go to college with extremely well grades and have a job at a rock- climbing gym, many people who smoke aren't your stereotypically stoner, tell your friends pot in moderation is a lot safer then alcohol, marijuana hasn't ever killed someone by simply smoking it but i'm sure alcohol has killed millions(drunk driving, over intoxication,etc.)

13. Not to mention all the novelists, music artists, and actors who use marijuana.

14. dude even pot in excess is safer than alcohol. No one is forcing you to smoke it to get high, whereas I've never heard about getting drunk from anything other than drinking (or enemas lol)