My friend

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by bwitsne, Oct 13, 2011.

1. #1 bwitsne, Oct 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2011
    My friend hasn't been cool recently, hes been really awkward and acting different. We always smoke together, and I 75% of the time supply the herb or buy it mainly because of money that I have saved up and its nothing for me to smoke. Lately I have stopped smoking daily with him and I have gotten my head cleared up, going in for a job tomorrow, and just being active. Im not sure if my mind set has changed up a bit but my friend is kinda looking like someone I just smoked with.

Last night he hit me up to get some bud, he was really eager to smoke and get high so I fell in and drove over to pick him up and got get a g and smoke. He wanted to go to walmart afterward for stuff his mom needed and I am pretty generous so I said what the hell. We drive to walmart and when we get there hes too stoned to go in. He doesn't want to go in and Im like wtf dude, he like lets go get something to eat. Im not hungry yet I drive him to Wendys (HIS choice again) and back to walmart. They are right next to each other.

Now after he finished eating I was hoping we could go in, after a long time we end up walking up to walmart. He says he wants to smoke a cigarette and Im like wtf uhghgghhg. He smokes it and then im like alright lets go get this shit done bro I got shit to do tomorrow. As we start walking up the parking lot more he turns to me and says dude Ill give you $10 to go in an get what I need.

I was like NO FUCKING way dude, I was soo pissed. I walked back to my truck and got in and brought him home. If hes not high hes bummed out, when hes high hes just fucking ridiculous now.

I need more friends, this kid is just depressing me. Im just asking for some advice of some sort, this guy has been pretty cool for the past few years and we have had our bro moments. Lately I have realized were just smoking friends...?

2. i know what you mean dude. same thing happend to me kind of, had a good friend that i hung out with , had bro moments with and smoked with. After he fucked me over and kissed my gf i thought about it and realized he lies to me all the time, never throws in and he's a bit of an asshole, the only thing we really have in common is smoking. this dudes been my smoking buddy forever.

I stopped chilling with him after he fucked me over, me and the chick broke up recently and i tried to get back in touch with him. Fuckers STILL telling me lies.

3. Yeah dude thats another section, this cat lies. So much.
    I have even called him out on some shit hes lied about. And he just looks at the ground.

Am I a Dick if I stop chilling with him and loose contact, he has nothing to offer really as a friend.

Another thing is he knows well enough as my friend that I don't socialize with chicks much but for him its nothing. Ive always asked him to try and hook me up with one of his girls friends or something and hes just kinda lame about that. I mean he doesn't have to hook me up with chicks every day, but at least invite me to a social party or something.

4. *agrees*

5. Come on man, dont just post a word. Post your thoughts and help a man out!

Im going to go scrape what I can out of my keif catcher as thats all I have, Night Grass City. :smoke:

6. Dude if you are rich as fuck, than what's the problem with donating some of your smoke? If you are just breaking even or barely making it, than that fucker has to drop down atleast 10 percent of the cost, weed isn't free and it's illegal and if caught jail time or tickets can happen. he should atleast throw down cash to smoke, it's not like you have a huge grow op or something?

7. Im not rich as hell, thats not what I was implying. 75% of the time I am paying, the other 25% he says you wana go halves or throws down 5$ but only till I stop fully paying. Its the friend factor... you wouldn't sit and let your friend do meth right? you would stop them. you don't let your friend get ripped off either or use a friend to get high.

8. #8 zDark, Oct 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2011
    You could just sell him some bud and make small potatoes. Or direct him to a seller.
    It's cool if you want to smoke alone, just lie, he lies, it's okay for you to tell a white lie.
    Tell him you can't smoke for awhile cause of random drug tests.
    And he will get the idea, that you can't smoke and won't bother you.

Friends is just a personal social construct, it's not permanent, friends come and go.
    Friends talk shit on other friends behind there backs, everyone does.
    You would be surprised if you had the ability to spy on others...
    He is using for your genorisity, friends don't always have to supply.
    Throwing down $5 is retarded. a gram is around $10 to $15 for decent weed.
    And you are 2 heads, you are most likely smoking a gram or two in a day.
    $5 isn't shit, if you count the price of GAS, $5 for a gallon, than $5 or $8 for a bowl to smoke.

so he should throw down $10 or $15.
    or get his own stash and match you a bowl.

if you aren't going to man up, than that's your loss, don't bitch that he is mooching.

9. Your making some synapses go off in my brain now, maybe if I do stop smoking with him and he doesn't hit me up to chill or anything then I can also follow along with how I really feel.

I wish I could hook him up with bud, but I just can't stand doing that ever again. Running bud for someone else is too risky. He has people he can buy from as well, but he has no real transportation.

And your totally right on the gas too, he thinks it grows on trees or something.

10. [quote name='"zDark"']

Dude if you are rich as fuck, than what's the problem with donating some of your smoke? If you are just breaking even or barely making it, than that fucker has to drop down atleast 10 percent of the cost, weed isn't free and it's illegal and if caught jail time or tickets can happen. he should atleast throw down cash to smoke, it's not like you have a huge grow op or something?[/quote]

Wtf. So because he's financially stable/well off it's only fair for him to supply most of the weed? Fuck that. You and half of america really have things misconstrued.

11. it seems like you are growing up and your friend is still a kid

12. Well he should save his bud money and buy a bucket ($500 junk car).
    I know many people who were potheads manage to either buy a bike or a bucket.
    He is taking your kindness for weakness, he is mooching and taking advantage.
    a true friend doesn't take advantage fully, they maybe take alot of favors.
    But this dude is just a big mooching stoner, it's fucked up.

He doesn't throw down for gas, gas is expensive, you keep giving him free rides like you are a taxi, But come on man? He needs to be taught to be independent, it's cool to chill with friends and shit, but come on mooching of good friends is pretty shady.
    Bromosexual.

13. Glad to get some other opinions in here from making me think just one way, just a few minutes after posting this I kinda got some of my mixed thoughts all on track.

Thanks +rep for everyone

14. Op, just be straight up with him and tell him exactly what you think instead of holding it in. Sounds like a douche moocher to me n not what I'd call a friend. Tell him to throw down for bud case tell him you've been supplying enough and that you don't have the funds anymore.

15. I've always met people like this. All of my friends know I have weed. I always have dank, period. They know when they come over to chill that there will be smoke. If one of my friends comes by to chill with no weed, I smoke him out a bowl or two. If he comes back next time with no weed, I have only enough for one bowl. :) After that one bowl is smoked, we chill another hour and then they fly. I don't feel bad lying to my friends about my stash once and a while. I used to, but I have more weed now.

Now for that whole Walmart business...What a joke. What is the age difference between you two? Is it a vast difference? I wonder how you reacted when he offered you $10 to go in. I suppose you just need to make it clear that you will not be taken advantage of. I think you did good by taking him home after the crazy walmart offer. If he hits you up again for weed hookup tell him your dealers are out. If he wants to smoke, I would say you only have one bowl, smoke him out, and see how that encounter goes.

I mean I have family that is like this. One my cousins, distant cousin, would always want to chill with me. He comes over, no weed, no money and he drinks like a fish. So he comes by, drinks all the beer in my fridge that I've had for like a month (not a big drinker), I smoke him out for free, and then he wants a handout of weed before he leaves. And then I would give him a tiny nug and he gets a screwy look on his face. Excuse me, we are not fucking weed fairies! Needless to say I don't answer his calls any more.

Friendship, companionship, broship, smoking-friendship cannot be one sided. It has to be an equal relationship. That's my opinion anyway.

16. Dude. You live in San Antonio man?

17. He will forever be confused.

Just keep moving forward.

18. Yea buddy!

19. find a cool chick to kick it with then u wont have time for his bullshit and even if u have to smoke her out all the time a least u be getting sum ass

20. Yeah, this has happened to me to. I guess what happened with me is we both changed considerably and the only thing we had in common was smoking..i kinda feel like smoking is an activity friends with other common interests should do before something they both enjoy like watching a favorite type of sport or something? Because if the only thing in common is actually smoking it gets old after awhile and awkward..at least IMO. You should probably try and find something you guys both like doing again besides smoking, to enhance it :D