My Friend Wants To Smoke

Discussion in 'General' started by fenderkush, Feb 25, 2017.

1. One of my friends who I have known for 17 years. He wanted to get baked, but there's some problem with that: he's autistic, has a rare eating disorder, has OCD and calls himself a "therian". He is the most socially awkward person ever. He's never smoked before (cigarettes and weed) and I have bad feelings about. Does anybody have any advise?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Indica edibles

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Yep...Gracefully didn't you run out of weed?o_O A healthy person could have problems...You are a good friend...do not let it happen.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I've smoked with a guy with schizophrenia, it's a bad idea. He told me not to drive over any bridges or he will be tempted to jump out of a car.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Sounds like me before I started smoking.

Herb (in the right setting) calms my OCD/racing thoughts and I'm just kind of more "chill" in general. I'd smoke him out. I notice even when I'm sober I talk to people more easily too.

Seeing people who knew me years ago again is kinda funny with how much more socially normal and laid back I am now...or at least appear :love-m3j:

• Like Like x 1
  6. If you do it I'd definitely advise an indica. I'm 50/50 on whether to do it or not. I agree with what everyone has said before me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Could be the cause of many problem or the solution to them very hard to say. I have severe adhd and im definitely on the autism spectrum, and weed straightens me right out. But I've also seen schizophrenics have a bong hoot and get violently psychotic though...

8. Yeah man similair story, when I was like 16 we were at this house party and this kid who is schizophrenic took a bong hoot and maybe some shrooms I cant remember. Anyways he started to get real agitated really fast, he grabbed a beer bottle off the counter and clocked some dude at the party right in the mouth with absolutely zero warning, smashed the kids front teeth right out. It took 7 or 8 guys to haul him out of the house and pin him on the ground until the cops showed up. Apparently they dealt with him on a weekly basis so they just cuffed him and carted him off to the remand center.

9. If you're having second thoughts on this then you probably shouldn't do it...

10. You have known the guy for 17 years...talk to him about your concerns. Ask him his motives for wanting to smoke, kinda see where hes coming from. From there id say ise your best judgment.

If he is hell bent on doing it, he will with or without you. In that case id be a good friend and help him on his journey. Better with someone he trust than with some random dudes who dont know/care for him the way you do!

• Like Like x 2
  11. I agree. Start with this and see where it goes. Maybe it reinforces your feeling that it's not a good idea or maybe it will put your fears to rest.

12. Smoke him out bro bro. Dont deny your homie a good high if he doesn't have other access right now.

I've worked with dissabled adults in a semi assisted living situation. Where they go to work etc, but are fairly monitored. Down syndrome, autism really anything that could hinder you.
    Alot of them smoked weed. And some were largely imoroved

13. Thanks guys :) I know it took me forever to reply because I just got my internet back. Anyways, a few weeks ago; I managed to get some KB (after calling 10 people) and my friend smoked a bowl of it. He didn't flip out or get any anxiety, which is great because that was what I was worried about. He was somewhat chill and he was very euphoric. He didn't get the munchies like I do, but we had a good time.

• Like Like x 2
  14. I'd think of it this way - maybe he won't get into drugs if you don't smoke him out .. but alternatively, he could get into harder drugs somewhere in the long run .. so maybe by you smoking weed with him, you're at least partaking in a safer habit and having another way of being a friend and bonding with him.

Autistic people do want friends .. even if it doesn't seem that way. And they need them more than anybody else. And they'll be very loyal friends.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. I have a friend who's brother is autistic. He smokes....it just makes him talk about dragons more than he usually does lol

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. A bit of OCD and autism shouldn't keep him off the herbs. Take him somewhere comfortable and private, and inform him about the pre-cautions of smoking (badtrips, paranoia etc.), so he won't get all weird. Keep in mind you're an experienced smoker, he's not, so keep an eye on him and make him take it easy with the hits.

17. Every time I light up I seem to mention how high I am. I bet that Moses had schizophrenia as he was yelling at that burning bush on the top of a mountain bringing down the law on them foolish fools. Weed is the most peaceful state of existence known to man and God.

Drugs were created by the hands of insane men, though. Labels for hierarchical power sorting, also a man-made invention. So there is no need to belittle your friends because you feel you can patronize them with privilege. Everyone can and should enjoy weed if they so choose.

18. All these posts about schizophrenia are taking it over the edge. The guys autistic. He's no more different than you or I. He just put his skill points in a different tree.

Smoke him out op. Let him hit a nice vape and some high cbd strain of weed and the dudes gonna talk your ass off for 2 hours.

19. I think the only danger with an autistic person smoking weed is that they might withdraw into their own little world a bit more.

:GettingStoned:

*Withdraws into his own little world a bit more*

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. A week or two later, he decided to smoke me up. So, I bought a little bong from my local general store and packed a bowl of his stuff plus a little kief from my grinder that I was saving. He took a massive hit and flipped out on me. He kicked me out of his place and threatened to call the police on me. We haven't talked since.

• Informative Informative x 1