my friend want to grow inside a chimney

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ChiefMasterBill, Jan 6, 2008.

1. He has a huge old house with many chimneys. The ash pit in one is huge and he is building a grow box inside of it. all the fireplaces above the pit are blocked off so the only opening to the chimney is the very top. will enough fresh air come down the chimney to grow mj or is he waisting his time?

2. That sounds Dope!

3. hot air rises cold air falls so the chiimney will b good for exhaust

4. yea aint chimneys designed to let out air not suck it in'else if you did have a fire in it all the gas/smoke would come back into the house.

5. well with a fire lit the hot air from the fire would rise so fast and strong that cold air couldnt come down. but with no fire no fireplaces just a chimney, enough air circulation?

6. the hot air will not rise out of the chimney natrually.... you will have to have some sort of venting at the bottom so that the hot air can make it out the top. you can even put a fan inside the chimeny facing upward and that would work too, with passive intake.

7. Also a little heads up... Posting the same topic in a bunch of different spots is lame.

8. won't a helicopter flying over the house at night see a very bright light shining out of the top of the chimney?

9. ill give you a heads up your lame i posted my reasoning for the multiple posts

10. ^^ Like a fire? ;)

11. more like a search light or a lighthouse ;)

12. Haha gotchya :p

13. wow this thread is posted in 2 different forums,,,

oh well i responded to the one in the indoor growing section,,,,,,

[​IMG] <INPUT id=chk_6 onclick=objThumbview.handleImageCheck(event); type=checkbox value=ninjachicken.gif name=selectedmedia[]><LABEL title=ninjachicken.gif for=chk_6>ninjachicken.:cool:</LABEL>

14. dont post in multiple places in the future...