Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Lack of Appetite My friend told me to smoke stems with him to get high.

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by PLugXBella, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Are stems bad? He keeps saying there more potent then the bud itself I think it's bs but idk

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Well, they're not actually "bad" but I'd not recommend you smoking them either. If you have access to some live plant, nothing is better or more beneficial than a herbal tea(which contains bud, leaves, and of course stem) but again I'd not recommend you to smoke them.
    Watch "Strain Hunters Jamaica Expedition" to see what I'm talking about.

• Like Like x 2
  3. LOL... Stems are not fun to smoke.They useless to try and get high off of them, your friend must be special.

4. Haha they give me a headache can't stand them, special ed.

• Like Like x 2
  5. you can take stems from the inner cured out bud structure ( not lanky stalks) and grind those stems up in a coffee grinder and use the dust left over to make edibles... with enough stem dust you will have a great time...

6. Oh so your both morons..

Got it ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cool

8. If you take a magnifying loop to look closely at a cannabis plant, you will see all those lovely sticky trichomes. They are the little hairs on a plant which produce an oil that protect the plants from insect invaders and help protect the flowers from weather and hold hundreds of known cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids that make our favorite cannabis strains potent. It would make sense that you would find most of these on the flowers.

The leaves will have some which is why people keep the trim to make medicinal salves and creams and are smokeable but not as good as the bud.

Then you get to the more "waste" part of the plant which is the stems. They make great tea but smoking would probably be a bit harsh and you may not get very high.

Now some folks are saying the roots can be quite medicinal but I don't think we have much information on that just yet.

• Like Like x 2
  9. stems are only good to smoke when they are smothered in trichomes. Stems usually have very low THC and they taste harsh, give you a sore throat and a headache

• Like Like x 1
  10. I just posted this in another thread

But it compliments your post

In general secondary metabolites are toxic and must be held in a storage cavity to prevent cell deathand indeed thca and cbga cause 100% cell death in 10 day old suspension culturedcannabis sativa cells at 50um(through apoptosis). The cannabinoidprecursors do not have this effect and some can be found in leaf material The results of reverse transcriptionpcr and heterologous expression suggest that THCA synthase islocalized in the apoplastic space of the glandular trichome only

The trichomes themselves protect the plant as well as the terpenes inside. Thc acts as a defensive mechanism killing insect cells as well as theplants own cells. Cannabinoids must be excreted into a cavity to protect the plant and provide its defenses

Eat all the roots you want. Good luck ;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. yeah, sometimes I'll just grind the inner stem up with the bud and vaporize it/them.... not really for smoking though that is way harsh :hide:

12. Damn holy fuck! great info man- more please!

13. your going to me smokin a shitload of stems

14. Chew on the stems and spit out when flavor is gone makes for a fair snack lol xD

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app